Recommendations for Dog waste pickup company

Closed Thread
Old 01-22-2023, 07:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts
Default Recommendations for Dog waste pickup company

Up north we have several businesses that come to your home and pick up after your dog. Usually weekly or twice a week for multiple dogs.

Does anyone use this service? We need to hire someone to pick up our yard of dog waste. Weekly at the least.

Just a heads up we don’t move in for 6 weeks, and new lawn installed January 11. In eleven days we have picked up 17 newly deposited large dog waste, in the back and side of our house.

After we lost our beloved Belgian, we decided at our age it was no longer a good idea for a new dog, as it’s getting harder to pick up after them, and keep them active.

Only one house out of the 11 close to us have moved in, so guessing people know homes are not occupied, and lawns are easier than walking a block to the new dog park.

So if anyone can recommend a company that cleans up your yard please LMK so I can give them a call. Thanks
Old 01-22-2023, 07:55 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,789 Times in 734 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Up north we have several businesses that come to your home and pick up after your dog. Usually weekly or twice a week for multiple dogs.

Does anyone use this service? We need to hire someone to pick up our yard of dog waste. Weekly at the least.

Just a heads up we don’t move in for 6 weeks, and new lawn installed January 11. In eleven days we have picked up 17 newly deposited large dog waste, in the back and side of our house.

After we lost our beloved Belgian, we decided at our age it was no longer a good idea for a new dog, as it’s getting harder to pick up after them, and keep them active.

Only one house out of the 11 close to us have moved in, so guessing people know homes are not occupied, and lawns are easier than walking a block to the new dog park.

So if anyone can recommend a company that cleans up your yard please LMK so I can give them a call. Thanks
I can’t give a recommendation but can only add, some people have no class. Sorry you are dealing with this.
Old 01-22-2023, 07:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Hope that practice stops once you move in……………
Old 01-22-2023, 08:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Poop 911...

Wildwood FL Pet Waste Removal

-Tom Petty
Old 01-23-2023, 07:18 AM

Can you put in a trail camera in the yard?
Old 01-23-2023, 09:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

I talked to one of my neighbors who was walking his dog in my yard, he was clueless, but it stopped.

perhaps?
Please Be A Good Neighbor Clean Up Sign - Dog On Leash Sign
Old 01-23-2023, 11:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
I talked to one of my neighbors who was walking his dog in my yard, he was clueless, but it stopped.

perhaps?
Please Be A Good Neighbor Clean Up Sign - Dog On Leash Sign
I agree people should clean up after their pets.

The dog waste pickup company is brilliant.

Friendly reminder to check your deed restrictions before putting up a sign.
Old 01-23-2023, 12:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Hopefully once you and your neighbors move in the problem will stop.
Old 01-23-2023, 03:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
<snip>Just a heads up we don’t move in for 6 weeks, and new lawn installed January 11. In eleven days we have picked up 17 newly deposited large dog waste, in the back and side of our house.
<snip>
Only one house out of the 11 close to us have moved in, so guessing people know homes are not occupied, and lawns are easier than walking a block to the new dog park.<snip>
How can you be so certain. It could just as easily be dog-sized wild critters whose habitat has been replaced by development.
Old 01-23-2023, 07:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
How can you be so certain. It could just as easily be dog-sized wild critters whose habitat has been replaced by development.
Yep, last time I checked, gators don't bag their poop ;-)
Old 01-23-2023, 07:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
We have caught 2 different people after dark when we go to see progress on the build. Didn’t know they were there until we turned on all the lights. Scared the crap out of me.

Asked both times if they were going to pick up after boxer, large poodle, then a shepherd, and a very loud barking mix breed.

Answer….nobody lives here, the other just walked away, leaving us to clean up, the next morning.

Neighbor across the prairie told us he sees people in the backyards many nights. So unless there are dog sized wild creatures walking on a leash with a human attached, we can rule out the occasional free roaming wildlife.

Besides at our cottage up north, we get bear, deer, fox, coyotes, you really need to know which is using your yard, so one can be aware when going outside.

I would put in a trail camera but, it’s apparent those who are walking in backyards really could care less about someone else’s property. It’s just easier to hire someone to pick up for those who are too special.
Old 01-23-2023, 07:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
We have caught 2 different people after dark when we go to see progress on the build. Didn’t know they were there until we turned on all the lights. Scared the crap out of me.

Asked both times if they were going to pick up after boxer, large poodle, then a shepherd, and a very loud barking mix breed.

Answer….nobody lives here, the other just walked away, leaving us to clean up, the next morning.

Neighbor across the prairie told us he sees people in the backyards many nights. So unless there are dog sized wild creatures walking on a leash with a human attached, we can rule out the occasional free roaming wildlife.

Besides at our cottage up north, we get bear, deer, fox, coyotes, you really need to know which is using your yard, so one can be aware when going outside.

I would put in a trail camera but, it’s apparent those who are walking in backyards really could care less about someone else’s property. It’s just easier to hire someone to pick up for those who are too special.
Wow, amazing how ignorant/rude somr people can be.
Old 01-23-2023, 07:58 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,789 Times in 734 Posts

Quote:

Got to love when others take the time to accuse you of being ignorant when we all know there are shysters out there with dogs.

Yes, we know there are also some responsible dog owners.
Old 01-23-2023, 08:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,014 Times in 1,741 Posts

What about installing motion detecting sprinklers?
Old 01-23-2023, 10:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

Enhanced Territories Boost Potential of Scoop Soldiers Franchises

I did find this.

Scoop Soldiers

Residential Pet Waste Removal Pricing | Scoop Soldiers
Closed Thread

Tags
dog, pick, waste, yard, weekly

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.