potential renter needs help..

Closed Thread
Old 12-31-2007, 10:09 PM
Default potential renter needs help..

Hi
We are thinking of renting for 2 or 3 months in 2009 and talked to someone who had an ad on one of the rental sites. He said that he has two places in Lady Lake which he says is near spanish springs center. I was able to find a map that showed some villages in TV but could not find Lady Lake. Is it indeed part of "The Villages"? If so, could someone give me a general idea where it is.
thanks
doug
Old 12-31-2007, 10:26 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default Re: potential renter needs help..

Trying to figure out where things are from afar is not easy sometimes. The Villages has a nice map that they sell for $5.00 and AAA has a map of The Villages that shows a little more than just TV so it helps you to get your bearings a little better.

We felt like once we were outside TV, there wasn't much out there. When you rent in TV you should get a residents' ID that allows you to do things that the residents do: Katie Belle's, golf, rec centers, and gate passes (even though you can still get through the gates - but that's another thread.)

Even though I had looked at the population stats and the square miles covered by TV and talked to people I know who live there, I was still surprised at how big it is

If you are planning to rent to really get a feel for the place, make sure that you are actually in TV. I think part of TV does have a Lady Lake address - or used to - but I don't know if everything in Lady Lake is in TV.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:42 PM

Thanks, I did find an outline from one of the realtors but was not able to see Lady Lake in fact the outline of TV showed Lake lake outside the outline. This fellows assures me that the houses that he rents are in TV. One address was ####parker place, lady lake 32159 and the other was ###Jason Drive,Lady Lake, 32159. Does anyone know how I can verify if these places are in fact in 'the villages?"
Old 12-31-2007, 10:55 PM

Both those addresses are in theVillage of Silver Lake, which is on the historic side of the villages. East of 27/441
Old 12-31-2007, 11:02 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Just checked my map of TV. It shows Jason Drive and Parker Place are both right on the edge of TV in Lake County. It does list them as being part of TV. You might want to call the Sales or Rental Office to confirm.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-01-2008, 12:39 PM

It's a good idea to ask your Realtor the name of the Village when you are renting.

Also, if you are located on the East side of 27/441 and don't have a golf cart to us it's a little more difficult to get around and access most of the Villages' activities.

If you contact the Villages Sales Office they will sell you a map with the latest changes/additions.

Just keep posting here and I'm certain you'll get all the information you need to make an informed decision.

Good luck
Old 01-01-2008, 02:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member

When I try and find an address in TV using my Garim (Nuvi) GPS unit, I need to type in Lady Lake as the town even though my adderss is The Villages, Florida 32162.....south of 466 very close to LSL.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:35 AM

If your current property inquiry does not work out, I have a house available for 3 months in 2009 that is absolutely in The Villages close to Lake Sumter. I am an owner.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member

you can also use yahoo maps to find the exact location of an address.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:22 AM

Thanks to everyone who has been so great.
thanks doug
Old 01-03-2008, 11:37 AM

Hi Ramrod
I sent you a personal email concerning your rental. If you didn't receive it please let me know.
thanks
douga
Old 01-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary S

Hi Doug, I was just visiting Talk of the Villages and noticed your post. Like Ramrod, we also have a rental available in The Villages. A very nice two bedroom, two bath that is fully furnished.
We have had long term renters (7 months each year) that have just decided to purchase a house in The Villages instead of going back and forth between Chicago every year. They are closing on their new home Feb. 28th, which makes our home available.
Our house is very close (walking distance) to Spanish Springs town center, located in the village of El Cortez. Also very close to hwy. 27/441
We are willing to be very reasonable on rent for a few months if you are interested.
You can contact us at gsmith1206@gmail.com.
You will love visiting The Villages
Gary
Old 01-03-2008, 02:29 PM

Hi Gary
/\Just sent you a personal email.
thanks
doug
Old 01-04-2008, 03:00 AM
Gold member

Just a tip that may be helpful to potential renters and /or buyers in TV...I have Google Earth. It is a free program that I downloaded from...Google Earth. It is a satellite view of the entire earth. You can type in any address anywhere and it zooms in to show you a birdseye view of that address. I use it all the time to check location of homes we consider for purchase. I also use it for trips, vacation sites. It is fun and very simple to download and use. Just go to http://earth.google.com/

Enjoy,
Susan
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.