Are the Recreation Centers Closing?

Closed Thread
Old 03-13-2020, 12:38 PM
Veteran member
Default Are the Recreation Centers Closing?

Since many of us appear to be mired in confusion, I was hoping there was a specific place to learn what, if anything, has been decided formally regarding the Rec Centers. We are dancers and many dances have already been canceled. Some by the folks who actually run the dances but at least major one by the Rec Center itself. Will Districtgov.net publish information or is there some other source? Thanks for any help.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishJW View Post
Since many of us appear to be mired in confusion, I was hoping there was a specific place to learn what, if anything, has been decided formally regarding the Rec Centers. We are dancers and many dances have already been canceled. Some by the folks who actually run the dances but at least major one by the Rec Center itself. Will Districtgov.net publish information or is there some other source? Thanks for any help.
Squares and Cinemas, have been closed in TV, along with St. Paddies day parades, according to a previous post, so I would imagine Rec. Centres will soon stop meetings and group activities.
Whether they will shut completley is anyones guess.

Last edited by Two Bills; 03-13-2020 at 01:01 PM.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

///
Old 03-13-2020, 01:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
This is a portion of an email sent ar 7:06 am today:
All of the recreation centers and facilities are currently scheduled to remain open. Given the Health Department guidance, outdoor activities remain unaffected at this time. If you are scheduled to attend a Resident Lifestyle Volunteer Group event, we urge you to contact your group leader as many of the leaders may have cancelled their events.

And, yes, it is also shown at districtgov.org
Old 03-13-2020, 03:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Won't it be nice if the District had a web site? Oh! They do? And you you mean the districtgov.org ?????

Village Community Development Districts This is why you can't believe everything you read on the www
Old 03-16-2020, 06:11 AM

I would think they will not close the rec centers. When we had a hurricane and they closed the rec centers and took the furniture from the pools there were homeowners that wanted a refund from their amenities
Old 03-16-2020, 07:10 AM
Sage

Are you suggesting that they won't close the rec centers because when Irma came through to the west of us there were allegedly some people who complained about the amenities fee? I don't see that as an issue in any possible way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Daily Run View Post
I would think they will not close the rec centers. When we had a hurricane and they closed the rec centers and took the furniture from the pools there were homeowners that wanted a refund from their amenities
Old 03-16-2020, 07:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Page 2 of Lifestyle section today identifies various line dancing sessions at Rec Centers today - Is this really true or just the newspaper not catching up with cancellations ?
Old 03-16-2020, 08:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

I just drove by a couple of Regional Rec Centers and there are cars in the lots.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

I got a PUSH message from the villages website, "All scheduled indoor activities at the villages recreation centers are cancelled through March 31st. Currently outdoor facilities remain open.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I got a PUSH message from the villages website, "All scheduled indoor activities at the villages recreation centers are cancelled through March 31st. Currently outdoor facilities remain open.
Please give us the website to confirm this and find other details like is closure immediately or tomorrow morning. What about voting polls tomorrow. Also if true and public info is available please start a new thread with an appropriate title since this will impact many people now.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Please give us the website to confirm this and find other details like is closure immediately or tomorrow morning. What about voting polls tomorrow. Also if true and public info is available please start a new thread with an appropriate title since this will impact many people now.
Hello?
Village Community Development Districts

The safety of residents, guests, staff and visitors in The Villages community continues to be of utmost importance to the District. In response to the recent guidance and recommendations released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Florida Department of Health and Governor DeSantis on the prevention of COVID-19, the District is cancelling the following District meetings and events:
The Irish American Parade scheduled for Tuesday, March 17th
Outdoor Concert on March 18th
All District-sponsored indoor events at the recreation centers including:
The Spring Craft Show located at Lake Miona, SeaBreeze and Eisenhower Regional Recreation Centers
The Ballroom Dance at the La Hacienda Recreation Center on Friday, March 13th
The Lake Sumter Landing St. Patty Boat Tours on March 14th
The Film Noir Showcase at the Savannah Center on March 17th
Camp Villages Program Stem Challenge at the Moyer Recreation Center on March 20th
The Enrichment Academy Courses March 14th – 22nd
Old 03-16-2020, 11:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Hello?
Village Community Development Districts

The safety of residents, guests, staff and visitors in The Villages community continues to be of utmost importance to the District. In response to the recent guidance and recommendations released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Florida Department of Health and Governor DeSantis on the prevention of COVID-19, the District is cancelling the following District meetings and events:
The Irish American Parade scheduled for Tuesday, March 17th
Outdoor Concert on March 18th
All District-sponsored indoor events at the recreation centers including:
The Spring Craft Show located at Lake Miona, SeaBreeze and Eisenhower Regional Recreation Centers
The Ballroom Dance at the La Hacienda Recreation Center on Friday, March 13th
The Lake Sumter Landing St. Patty Boat Tours on March 14th
The Film Noir Showcase at the Savannah Center on March 17th
Camp Villages Program Stem Challenge at the Moyer Recreation Center on March 20th
The Enrichment Academy Courses March 14th – 22nd
Hello back to you my friend. That notification was March 13. The Rec Centers were still opened this morning.
Old 03-16-2020, 11:31 AM
Veteran member

I just called the neighborhood rec center and they said they had heard about the closing, but were trying to get more details. I expect they are open till closing today, but tomorrow could be a different story.
Old 03-16-2020, 11:42 AM
Veteran member

COVID-19 District Action Plan - UPDATED

March 16, 2020 12:00 p.m.

The safety of residents, guests, staff and visitors in The Villages community continues to be of utmost importance to the District. As the guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Florida Department of Health and Governor DeSantis on the prevention of COVID-19 continues to update, the District is implementing the following facility and schedule changes that will take effect on Tuesday, March 17, 2020:
Recreation Activities – the following changes will be in effect until March 31, 2020
The operating hours of the Recreation Centers will be 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
All scheduled indoor activities in the recreation centers are cancelled.
All Sports Pool activities other than Combo Swim are cancelled.
All scheduled outdoor activities of 50 or more people are cancelled.
The Enrichment Academy (TEA) courses scheduled between March 14th and March 31st are postponed and will be rescheduled. Participants will be notified by email of alternate course dates.
The Irish American Parade scheduled for Tuesday, March 17th is cancelled.
Outdoor Excursions and Lake Sumter Line Boat Tours are cancelled.
Parks, Dog Parks, Fenney Putt & Play, Outdoor Exercise Equipment, Sports Courts & Swimming Pools remain open.
All Fitness Clubs will be closed.
The Southside Hot Tub will be closed.

For more info: Village Community Development Districts
Closed Thread

Tags
rec, dances, centers, canceled, folks

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.