Recurring Spots on New Carpet

Closed Thread
Old 07-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Johnson View Post
Gracie, as stated in original post; did call warranty; carpet guy used by TV said we spilled something or it was our pet, which we knew did not occur; warranty refused to do anything. Carpet cleaning guy said is was due to poorly cleaned slab and that the stain, which he has seen many such stains in the St James area came from this and will continue to come back until carpet and pad is taken out, slab cleaned and carpet replaced.
I understand your doubt, thanks for you personal opinion, but I think I'l go with the opinion of the professional carpet cleaner.
Gracie said call warranty AGAIN.
Get a letter from your carpet cleaner guy and take it to them and get all the others on here with the same problem to call warranty again. That way they'll get the message. And tell them your pet was not in all the other's houses to stain their carpets!
In reality, they're different!
Old 07-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Default Here's hoping

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrhardy View Post
Since we "broke in" 6 months ago and there is nothing now ..... I hope! BTW, we are playing tomorrow ... early!
Don & Kaz
Hope so too. Sent you a PM on time tomorrow.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:08 AM

We had a similar problem several years ago. Our newly installed rugs had splotches of darker areas. We investigated and finally were able to get a manufacturers rep out and he approved a reinstallation. Apparently our color (beigy type) has a manufacture problem when dying the colors. Might be worth a try.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Last night when I went to dinner with friends from my new village two couples said that they read TOTV a lot and wondered until they met me if I was a "plant". I was very taken aback by that. I guess they meant that someone paid me to say the positive things I say on here and particularly about the developer.

The trouble with moving here is that it takes awhile for people to get to know you and find out how you truly are. One of my dearest friends wanted me to support her efforts to get an indoor pool here in The Villages on this forum,and I wouldn't, because I don't believe we need them. My point is that I wouldn't type anything I don't believe and I wouldn't hoodwink anyone on here. I don't know the developer and NO one is paying me to say ANYTHING.

I believe that if warranty found out that there was a defective batch of carpeting that they would see that it was replaced. There was an instance a couple of years ago that Owens Corning came in and replaced MANY roofs because of defective shingles. Now I am NOT trying to diefy the developers. They don't pay for the replacement, I am sure, they make contracts with companies and installers and those people gain a LOT of business from this. The company who installed the carpet and the carpet manufacturer would have to replace it.

What I am trying to say is this. If you have spots on your carpet and they shouldn't be there, it needs to be brought to the attention of the warranty department. Send them this thread.

I think that if there is a problem, it will be taken care of.

Signed Gracie. An ordinary villager who wishes that everyone who previously thought that this stage of their lives wouldn't be fun could live here and enjoy what she is enjoying.

Are you reading this Bill and Cathy?

I am JUST ME!!!
Old 07-14-2012, 09:44 AM
Gold member
Location: Northfield IL, Tampa FL, Norway, Boynton Beach FL, Highland Park IL, Gilchrist soon!

I think you all should contact the warranty dept as one entity and ask them to investigate your complaints and inspect your carpeting. If it is all the same brand, or was treated with something prior to installation, ot installed by the same company, perhaps they can get to the bottom of the problem. Is it all stainmaster , same padding, etc? I agree that something should be done to help you correct this! I think I might be a tad angry if this happened to me!! Surely, it is in the developers best interest to address this issue.

Wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be
Old 07-14-2012, 01:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

gracie what kind of plant are you? Sun or shade?
Old 10-19-2013, 09:48 PM

Pink stain appeared on carpet after cleaning up coffee spill. Flooded with water and blotted it up only to find pink spot continued to grow. Pulled carpet and tested the foam pad. Sure enough, the pink stain was comming from the pad. Placed visqueen under carpet but on top of pad. Cleaned again, let dry, pink gone. Make sure everything drys properly and remove the visqueen.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:15 PM
Default Carpet issues

We picked a beige colored carpet when our house was built in 2009. We only come down a few times a year and we was surprised when our carpet kept getting the reoccurring black spots even after we had it cleaned. So I tried it once more with a recommended carpet cleaning company. Same results. I had East coast flooring take out all of the carpet and look for issues under the carpet. None was found. I had laminate flooring put down in place of all of the carpet. Problem solved. I was not happy with having to replace the carpet after four years with hardly any wear other than cleaning it every time we came down. I agree there is some kind of a issue, but I did not figure it out.

Village of Duval
Old 10-20-2013, 05:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by new peeps View Post
We picked a beige colored carpet when our house was built in 2009. We only come down a few times a year and we was surprised when our carpet kept getting the reoccurring black spots even after we had it cleaned. So I tried it once more with a recommended carpet cleaning company. Same results. I had East coast flooring take out all of the carpet and look for issues under the carpet. None was found. I had laminate flooring put down in place of all of the carpet. Problem solved. I was not happy with having to replace the carpet after four years with hardly any wear other than cleaning it every time we came down. I agree there is some kind of a issue, but I did not figure it out.
I am sure you did, but will ask anyway. When you were gone did you keep your air conditioner set at 83? Sometimes mold can occur on a higher setting.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.