recycling

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2015, 01:21 PM
Default recycling

Do The Villages have a recycling program in place and if so, will someone tell me how it is implemented: all glass and metal containers, all paper or is it selective? Collective or sorted? and how does the individual resident go about participating: curbside or central depository?
Also off topic: is it possible to be alerted to responses on personal email server and, if so, how. Thanks to anyone responding to either or both questions.
Old 03-21-2015, 01:48 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleeh View Post
Do The Villages have a recycling program in place and if so, will someone tell me how it is implemented: all glass and metal containers, all paper or is it selective? Collective or sorted? and how does the individual resident go about participating: curbside or central depository?
Also off topic: is it possible to be alerted to responses on personal email server and, if so, how. Thanks to anyone responding to either or both questions.
Check this link.

Sanitation Information
Old 03-21-2015, 01:54 PM
Sage

To your off topic question, I would suggest your best answer might come from HRC. She seems to have had a lot of experience in this regard lately. :: seriously, the Villages Computer Club may be of help and MMD Computers on 441 is excellent as well
Old 03-21-2015, 02:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

[QUOTE=kleeh;1032267]Do The Villages have a recycling program in place and if so, will someone tell me how it is implemented: all glass and metal containers, all paper or is it selective? Collective or sorted? and how does the individual resident go about participating: curbside or central depository?
Also off topic: is it possible to be alerted to responses on personal email server and, if so, how. Thanks to anyone responding to either or both questions.[/QUO

You don't live here do you? lol

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-21-2015, 02:57 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

Here is the answer to your email question

Don

Western PA, Marietta GA, finally TV....
Old 03-21-2015, 03:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
It would be so helpful to you to contact the sales office and get assigned a VILLAGES sales rep who will be so useful to answer all questions.

The reps are not at all pushy and will only come when called.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:48 PM
Gold member

Getting back to recycling my wife always takes the junk mail home to recycle in our recycling bag. However, on her survey she will mention that there should be recycling trash cans at the postal stations so that people who now seem to drop their junk in the regular trash and it is not recycled but if there was a container for recycled material that would be preferable. I thought that was a good idea.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 03-21-2015, 07:32 PM
Gold member

Good post LittleDog. I think most people don't realize that the junk mail they deposit in the trash cans at the mail stations, becomes just that....trash.

It is nice to not have to bring it home...but at least at home you can place it in with your recycling and know that it doesn't add to the land fill.

A recycling container at the mail stations would be a great idea!
Old 03-21-2015, 08:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDog View Post
Getting back to recycling my wife always takes the junk mail home to recycle in our recycling bag. However, on her survey she will mention that there should be recycling trash cans at the postal stations so that people who now seem to drop their junk in the regular trash and it is not recycled but if there was a container for recycled material that would be preferable. I thought that was a good idea.

John
Great idea, just wonder how that will be billed since someone has to pay for the transport which is different than the trash.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-21-2015, 09:39 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
Check this link.

Sanitation Information
Thank you, Mleeja.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:43 PM
Default recycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
To your off topic question, I would suggest your best answer might come from HRC. She seems to have had a lot of experience in this regard lately. :: seriously, the Villages Computer Club may be of help and MMD Computers on 441 is excellent as well

Off topic for "General Discussion"? Boy, I guess I need TOTV 101 to learn the ropes. But, nice of you to reply nontheless. The computer club is the one to contact about RECYCLING? Ummm.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
It would be so helpful to you to contact the sales office and get assigned a VILLAGES sales rep who will be so useful to answer all questions.

The reps are not at all pushy and will only come when called.
We have a rep who has not been pushy at all, but also who has not been at all helpful. I would think that he should anticipate questions and let us know that he is the source when anything comes up. But that definitely was not the case. So, I will not be leaving yet another message on his phone and waiting for a reply. I prefer to come directly to the citizens here in this great forum, knowing that I will receive good direction poste haste...just as mleeja did.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:05 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDog View Post

John
That is an excellent idea. And with like minds thinking it is maybe the powers that be will be persuaded to get in step. Until that happens, I too will be bringing mine back home to put into recycle container for pickup.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:11 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthOfTheBorder View Post
thank you Don. AND this woke me up to what another responder was trying to tell me.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:14 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
please overlook my first response to your reply...it is obviously way past my bedtime. I just had an ah ha moment when I read Don's (SouthoftheBorder) reply. Thank you for responding to my "off topic" question regarding how to get notified re responses. I really do appreciate it.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.