recycling

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2015, 10:17 PM

[quote=JoMar;1032336]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleeh View Post
Do The Villages have a recycling program in place and if so, will someone tell me how it is implemented: all glass and metal containers, all paper or is it selective? Collective or sorted? and how does the individual resident go about participating: curbside or central depository?
Also off topic: is it possible to be alerted to responses on personal email server and, if so, how. Thanks to anyone responding to either or both questions.[/QUO

You don't live here do you? lol
Correct. Closing monday. I wasn't as fortunate as you who were were born here, growing up knowing all these things.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

[quote=kleeh;1032554]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post

Correct. Closing monday. I wasn't as fortunate as you who were were born here, growing up knowing all these things.
Wasn't born here, didn't know all these things, did the research before we bought to understand costs, deed restrictions and government structure....finding all those answers on TOTV is risky.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-22-2015, 06:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Off topic for "General Discussion"? Boy, I guess I need TOTV 101 to learn the ropes. But, nice of you to reply nontheless. The computer club is the one to contact about RECYCLING? Ummm.
Many folks are always witty and funny when they are being helpful.

DBussone is one of them. Count on what he says. I have never known him to be wrong.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:48 AM
Sage

[quote=JoMar;1032556]
Quote:

Wasn't born here, didn't know all these things, did the research before we bought to understand costs, deed restrictions and government structure....finding all those answers on TOTV is risky.
JoMar. Do you feel this hug?
Old 03-22-2015, 07:20 AM
Sage

No. I'm sorry. The computer club can help you with your email issue.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
please overlook my first response to your reply...it is obviously way past my bedtime. I just had an ah ha moment when I read Don's (SouthoftheBorder) reply. Thank you for responding to my "off topic" question regarding how to get notified re responses. I really do appreciate it.

I hope you have a good Sunday. Most of the time I really do try to be helpful. Sorry to throw you off track.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:06 PM

[quote=JoMar;1032556]
Quote:

I agree. And did research before purchasing. Recycling was not one of those deal breakers as the other you listed and that is why I came to YOU who live here to ask. And thank heavens most who respond are helpful and not just looking for a way to put down newcomers. I have found that most are helpful and welcoming, and while a few others are not so much...I think it's due to the lack of face-to-face.
Old 04-18-2015, 04:46 PM

A community discussion group, called PRESERVE OUR ENVIRONMENT, has planned a program for Monday, May 4, from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m., to be held at United Church of Christ of The Villages, 12514 C R 101, Oxford, FL. It will be a Panel Discussion made up of representatives of the Solid Waste departments of Lake, Marion, and Sumter Counties. Come join us. Bring along a friend or two. This is a VERY UNIQUE opportunity to hear the Tri-County solid waste professionals tell all of us what is happening in the area of recycling. Message me if you would like further information. Queen
Old 04-27-2015, 07:58 PM

Folks With True Recyling Questions: Representatives from two counties, Lake and Marion, will be available for TWO HOURS, Monday, 1:00 - 3:00 p.m., at United Church of Christ of The Villages, 12514 C R 101, Oxford, Fl. The representatives WORK in the solid waste department. The program format will be a Panel Discussion. You will have lots of time to ask ALL YOUR QUESTIONS. Two Villages Administrators CARE ENOUGH to also be attending the program Monday afternoon. Will you be there, too? By the way, this program is offered by the community discussion group, Preserve Our Environment. It is also being co-sponsored by the local League of Women Voters/Tri-County.
Old 04-28-2015, 02:58 PM

Is anyone listening? Are you aware of the program planned for Monday, 5/4/15, at which County solid waste workers will be presenting information about recycling.....plus answering residents' questions????? (Check the previous post.) Would be a shame to have these employees show up.......and a tiny number of residents to greet them! If YOU will attend, please post that information to motivate others to attend, as well.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:33 PM

Consider joining a very special program scheduled for Monday, May 4, from 1:00 to 3:00 pm, at United Church of Christ of The Villages, 12514 C R 101, Oxford, Fl. Solid waste employees from local counties will participate in a Panel Discussion to tell about their county's recycling accomplishments and future plans. Following the presentations, the audience will have opportunity to ask questions and offer their comments. If you really want to know what is happening in this tri-county area regarding recycling, plan to attend! Bring along a friend or two!
Old 05-01-2015, 12:52 PM
Sage

Since the recycler's make $$ from our work, would it be too much to ask them to supply us with the required recoiling bags, this way ,maybe more people would participate
Old 05-30-2015, 09:35 AM
Platinum member

I want to donate my cans and newspapers to a charity. any ideas?

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Old 05-30-2015, 09:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cquick View Post
I want to donate my cans and newspapers to a charity. any ideas?
There are recycling dumpster(s) in St. Timothy's parking lot.
Old 05-30-2015, 09:56 AM
Platinum member

Oh! ok, didn't know that

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.