recycling drop off point

Closed Thread
Old 01-21-2015, 04:35 PM
Default recycling drop off point

Is there a drop off point for recyclable materials near the Villages? We live in Sanibel I have cut down a lot of cardboard boxes and would like to drop them off vs waiting for recyclable pickup date. It will be quite a pile, and not sure if there is a max allowable curbside.
Thanks in advance
Old 01-21-2015, 04:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardandsheila View Post
Is there a drop off point for recyclable materials near the Villages? We live in Sanibel I have cut down a lot of cardboard boxes and would like to drop them off vs waiting for recyclable pickup date. It will be quite a pile, and not sure if there is a max allowable curbside.
Thanks in advance
You can drop off PAPER and CARDBOARD only at the collection area behind the Sheriffs Building on 466 and Morse. No trash and no other types of recyclables, just paper goods.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 01-21-2015, 07:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardandsheila View Post
Thanks in advance
Call the trash company and ask them if there is limit...I don't think there is. They may even send out a separate truck and pick it up.
Old 01-21-2015, 09:03 PM
Veteran member

Their does not appear to be any limit on the amount you can put curb side for your reg scheduled recycling pickup day. If you should want to call to make sure, a number is also listed here:

http://www.districtgov.org/community...-recycling.pdf
Old 01-22-2015, 09:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

We also live in Sumter county and when we moved in, we had lots of boxes to dispose of, as well.

We gave some away and the others, I broke down and placed them on the curb. Was a BIG stack of boxes and they took all of them...no problem.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.