Red Sauce Bad Experience

Closed Thread
Old 04-18-2019, 10:26 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,092 Times in 373 Posts
Default Red Sauce Bad Experience

Went as a group to Red Sauce at Lake Sumter landing last Sat about 1:30. Asked for seating for six and waitress tried to seat us in a 4 person booth and we requested a table for 6. The place was not busy and plenty of tables available. Waitress said she had to ask the manager and he said no. We saw the transaction and the manager in charge appeared to be serving other customers. Our request was denied. We decided to leave and go elsewhere and left. We often go to Red Sauce and all were surprised at their lack of accommodation.

Sent a memo to Red Sauce regarding the interaction and got no response. Never saw this lack of customer concern there before. The lack of response is even worse. Maybe their empire is getting to big.
Old 04-19-2019, 07:32 AM
Veteran member

Doesn't surprise me, some of the manager staff in the villages isn't to bright when it comes to customer service.
They wont fix it until there bottom line gets hurt and than its to late for there reputation. i wish you luck in getting a response.
Old 04-19-2019, 07:35 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,103 Times in 1,336 Posts

So sad. I like their food.
Old 04-19-2019, 07:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

You showed them....
Old 04-19-2019, 07:57 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,751 Times in 3,627 Posts

Post your concern on their Facebook page...........that's public and they are more likely to reply.
Old 04-19-2019, 08:02 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down Worst Management

I have to agree that Red Sauce must have the worst Management. At one time I had a Clam Sauce to go and it had more sand than the Atlantic Ocean. After a few months decided to try them again. Ordered a Chicken Dinner to go..Waited the 20 minutes and then went to the restaurant to pick it up. Told they forgot to put the order in the computer and it would be another 20-25 minutes. Left and will avoid them in the future. P.S. Please all you pretend comics that really have no humor find another way to try to get attention!!
Old 04-19-2019, 08:30 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,751 Times in 3,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
I have to agree that Red Sauce must have the worst Management. At one time I had a Clam Sauce to go and it had more sand than the Atlantic Ocean. After a few months decided to try them again. Ordered a Chicken Dinner to go..Waited the 20 minutes and then went to the restaurant to pick it up. Told they forgot to put the order in the computer and it would be another 20-25 minutes. Left and will avoid them in the future. P.S. Please all you pretend comics that really have no humor find another way to try to get attention!!

Not trying to be a comic with my post...........if they are not responding to a email, go public on FB and use their FB page for a more public expression.

Just walking out of the shop does no good.

Old 04-19-2019, 08:59 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,323 Times in 1,439 Posts

We went there about a month ago, food was fair, service was poor at best, table was sticky. Most likely will not go back again as we go to either Chef's of Napoli or Sammy's for Italian food now.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:15 AM
Sage

But, but, but ... I thought everyone LOVES the Suleiman restaurants - Havana CC, Johnny Rockets, Legacy Bar & Grill, Legacy Restaurant, Redsauce.

I DO!!!
Old 04-19-2019, 09:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
But, but, but ... I thought everyone LOVES the Suleiman restaurants - Havana CC, Johnny Rockets, Legacy Bar & Grill, Legacy Restaurant, Redsauce.

I DO!!!
Heard they're taking over Glenview. May be old news.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2019, 10:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,426 Times in 3,080 Posts

We went to Redsauce a few years ago (we have only just recently purchased in the Villages and are only in the early stages of physically moving in but we've vacationed in TV a few times, which is why we decided to buy here). Once it was just me and hubby. The other time was me, hubby, and parental units. The first time we really liked it, though the service was very slow. Polite, but slow. The second time was similar. Great food, polite but slow service. My parents weren't impressed with the food. I remember really enjoying the ravioli with the lobster and cream sauce. Hoping it's still memorable in a positive way, it'd be a great place to go for special treats (anniversary, birthday, etc).
Old 04-19-2019, 01:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,349 Times in 2,505 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
We went to Redsauce a few years ago (we have only just recently purchased in the Villages and are only in the early stages of physically moving in but we've vacationed in TV a few times, which is why we decided to buy here). Once it was just me and hubby. The other time was me, hubby, and parental units. The first time we really liked it, though the service was very slow. Polite, but slow. The second time was similar. Great food, polite but slow service. My parents weren't impressed with the food. I remember really enjoying the ravioli with the lobster and cream sauce. Hoping it's still memorable in a positive way, it'd be a great place to go for special treats (anniversary, birthday, etc).
Parental Units? Are they Binary or Decimal?
Old 04-19-2019, 01:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
That's funny!

We used to call ours "the Rents." Guess looking back that wasn't very nice. Lord only knows how ours refer to us.
Old 04-19-2019, 03:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,426 Times in 3,080 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Saturday Night Live reference, circa 1977ish. Also the movie, which was 1993.
Old 04-20-2019, 06:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

I think Red Sauce is coasting off of...their old good reputation.

Although I hadn't been there in a few years, I took a golf buddy visiting from out of state there last month.

I kept bragging it up and after really slow service, our orders weren't anything special...to justify having waited so long.

While I don't drink and he's well-traveled from visiting golf destinations around the world, he made a wry comment that the 'house' wine (red) that he ordered, probably set them back...at least a whole $5 a bottle.

Even I, who knows nothing of wine... knew that wasn't a compliment.

I apologized and told him that they must have just been having a really off night (it was a Saturday), but after reading other comments...I'm thinking it wasn't a 'one-off.'
Closed Thread

Tags
red, sauce, lack, waitress, manager

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.