Refunds from Villages Box Office

Closed Thread
Old 10-01-2020, 05:15 AM
Smile Nope - No trouble at all!

Nope - No trouble at all! In fact the box office emailed me to call in for the refund...so, I did and they refunded our tickets while I was on the phone. We had tickets to several shows and all were refunded. This was a while ago - right after the shows were cancelled. Good Luck.

Last edited by banksupply; 10-01-2020 at 05:21 AM.
Old 10-01-2020, 06:03 AM
Location: Mt. AIRY NC, NORFOLK VA, VA BEACH, VA, FT WAYNE,IN, CINCINNATI, OH, ROSWELL, GA, THE VILLAGES

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Anyone else having a problem getting a refund on a cancelled show from Villages Box Office? Bought tickets for QUEEN back in December and it was rescheduled twice before it finally got cancelled. I spoke with someone there a couple weeks ago and he said he was issuing a credit as we spoke. Nothing yet, over 2 weeks. I called them yesterday and they said it takes ONE MONTH to get a refund on your card which is absurd and not true assuming they actually issued the credit. They also told me they can't even check on it for a month. Been 9 months so I can no longer dispute it with my bank should it drag on much longer. It was for a lot of tickets so it wasn't a small amount. They managed to charge me in 48hrs last December four months before the show was scheduled.
no problem at all
Old 10-01-2020, 06:50 AM

I had a go9d experience at the walkup counter box off8ce in Sumter, just behind Petsense. They gave me the credit as I stood there. They credited back the whole amount, including the service fees. This was gor the David Goster concert that nevrr took place.
Old 10-01-2020, 07:18 AM

I got my refund in days
Old 10-01-2020, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Md girl View Post
Took me months but I didn’t give up. I asked to speak to a supervisor every time I called. They were always in a meeting. I refused to give up and finally got my money back. Don’t give up! They did send me a check even though they kept telling me it had been credited to my credit card account. It was never credited to my account just a lot of run around as far as I’m concerned. I doubt that I will ever buy tickets again. This was not the only refund issue. It took me months to get a refund when they double billed me for a gift card
Exactly my experience
Old 10-01-2020, 09:50 AM

I got my refund for queen a month after they canceled. Spoke to them on the phone and was told it was being processed. Than it appeared back on my charge card.
Old 10-01-2020, 10:56 AM
Default We got our refund

Quote:
Anyone else having a problem getting a refund on a cancelled show from Villages Box Office? Bought tickets for QUEEN back in December and it was rescheduled twice before it finally got cancelled. I spoke with someone there a couple weeks ago and he said he was issuing a credit as we spoke. Nothing yet, over 2 weeks. I called them yesterday and they said it takes ONE MONTH to get a refund on your card which is absurd and not true assuming they actually issued the credit. They also told me they can't even check on it for a month. Been 9 months so I can no longer dispute it with my bank should it drag on much longer. It was for a lot of tickets so it wasn't a small amount. They managed to charge me in 48hrs last December four months before the show was scheduled.

We went to the sales office and had no trouble getting our refund.
Old 10-01-2020, 02:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deestatham@aol.com View Post
We went to the sales office and had no trouble getting our refund.
So they gave you the refund right there meaning at the box office you got a credit card REFUND SLIP (piece of paper) from the credit card machine showing the amount refunded like they do in a retail store or they PROCESSED the refund for you with no receipt and then it eventually showed up on your card?
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 10-01-2020, 03:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Sorry to say good luck, I think it’s stall tactics! Most ticket holders will just let it go if it’s ticket or two.
Quote:
Really? Seriously? MOST just let it go? I'd love to see those statistics. Do you mean take the $$ loss or just patiently wait forever or even never? Even if it was 1 ticket no way I am going to donate my cost to them! They certainly aren't a non-profit organization. If it was a local Villages group putting on a show in a rec center for a couple bucks I wouldn't care but as much as I "appreciate" them Mr. Morse & Family don't need my donation to put food on their plate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Yes, seriously.
Wow, glad "MOST" (not sure who "most" are 'cause I certainly ain't one of the "most" and "most" would be a LOT!)) have such "disposable income" they can just fuggetabout the money they paid and donate the cancelled ticket money to the Morse's welfare fund as they are in such need. Somehow I find that difficult to accept. Maybe I'm just jealous that I'm not part of "most" but only part of the "least."
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 10-01-2020, 03:35 PM

Don’t forget this is the villages and the kids are running it now. Money hungry, good luck in getting your money back
Old 10-14-2020, 12:35 PM

Just got off the phone with the box office about Grease being cancelled and they offered me a refund which I will receive within 30 days. I told them that I had two other shows canceled (Queen and Piano Men) and have still not received any refunds. We are talking over $250 here.

They were kind enough to call me back and tell me that they are going to investigate it. So hopefully things will be resolved soon. Just got to be more patient I guess.
Old 10-15-2020, 07:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

I paid for 8 tickets to David Foster show refund showed up , on the second billing statement. Look no one was prepared for something like this and I’m sure there are glitches but the suggestion that the villages is trying to cheat people is crazy . They want you to keep coming to the here shows
Closed Thread

Tags
spoke, credit, months, weeks, longer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.