Is Lady Lake (or parts of it) part of The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 09-29-2008, 09:44 AM
Default Is Lady Lake (or parts of it) part of The Villages

We have been considering moving to the Villages next year and Can't tell if Lady Lake, or parts of it, are a part of the villages?

Thanks, LBB
Old 09-29-2008, 09:54 AM

yes part of the villages is in lady lake

drd
Old 09-29-2008, 10:52 AM
Taltarzac
Default Spanish Springs Town Square looks to be in Lady Lake.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...-the-villages/

This is a link to a hotel bordering Spanish Springs Town Square which is one of the town Villages squares as of this post. There is set to be a third town square but that probably will not open for a few years.

The map from the link shows you where Lady Lake is about in the Villages. http://www.marriott.com/hotels/maps/...-the-villages/

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 09-29-2008 at 10:54 AM.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:56 PM
Gold member

I believe a very small portion of TV is within the limits of the City of Lady Lake (this, another governmental body...). Shouldn't be hard to to find out exactly which part; we've passed signs within TV indicating that we're entering the City of Lady Lake.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:02 PM
Sage

I believe, but very well could be 100% wrong, that the City of Lady Lake includes all of TV that is in Lake County.

That would include all of the "Historic Villages" on the East side of 441 plus Spanish Springs Square, Plaza Grande, and some adjacent villages on the West side of 441.

It looks to be about twice the size of the portion of TV in Marion County.
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)

Last edited by chuckinca; 09-29-2008 at 05:57 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:38 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I live in Marion County, but not Lady Lake. Zip code 32159 is Marion/Lake Counties. Like Chuck, I believe The Villages Lake County is all part of the town of Lady Lake. Regardless, parts of The Villages are in Lady Lake/Lake County, Marion County and Sumter County.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 09-29-2008, 06:22 PM

I live in Country Club Hills, which is part of the "historic section". While it is part of The Villages, it is in Lady Lake. My zip is 32159 which is the Lady Lake zip code.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:14 AM
Default Lady Lake/The Villages

Lady Lake: population about 3000 give or take. Full service post office, yes and very big. The Villages: population a bit over 70, 000. Full service post office, no! ..... go figure!

Jerry Jackson (Summerhill)

Neat bumper sticker. Went like this: "It's God's job to judge terrorists. Our job is to arrange the meeting!"

Be a gentleman, remove your hat/cap when entering a building and dining out!
Old 09-30-2008, 08:00 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Who goes to the post office, and if so why??
Old 09-30-2008, 11:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABRMnLgs View Post
Lady Lake: population about 3000 give or take. Full service post office, yes and very big. The Villages: population a bit over 70, 000. Full service post office, no! ..... go figure!

Population Est at 2005 = 11,828

Medina age = 68

People in that age group are usually not puter savvy and need to get their Social Security check thru the mail and mail their utility bills and birthday presents to their grandkids.

(being 4 years younger than 68 makes a huge difference as far as I am concerned)(those folks were gone from HS before I even started!)

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)

Last edited by chuckinca; 09-30-2008 at 11:54 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:02 AM
Default Mera Mesa is in lady Lake aslo

Were in Lady Lake also as is the historic side, Its a nice being in the city of lady lake we get the benifits of the city, like Police coverage from the city police department and also the police coverage of the Lake county sheriffs dept. We see the patrols up and down our streets all the time from the city PD. The lady Lake police dept has walking patrols at the Spanish Springs town Sq and they are very friendly and good to see. Also the city keeps the trees trimed on the streets in front of your home ect. Its just an extra benfit being in the city portion.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.