Registering a Car in Florida with Lien

Closed Thread
Old 04-12-2013, 10:18 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR&VAF View Post
Did you have Florida insurance before you went?

skyguy79 - I have the form printed and ready to fill out. I hesitate filling it out though, only because I can see when I get there, they won't use that form anymore and I'll have to start over.

I have asked our insurance agency these question. Waiting to hear back from them.

Guess we will just go, if we have to go back it's not that far of a drive.

Thanks for everyone's help.
It's been about 16 months since we went there, and you might be right about not needing to fill out the form you have. In that case I would just fill in the information asked for on the form that you might not easily or readily have at the tip of your tongue (if there is any) so you're prepared if or when asked.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 04-12-2013, 10:54 AM

I had to have Florida insurance to show at the Tax office. Sorry for not mentioning that before.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:02 AM
Gold member

We changed the address for our auto insurance, they sent us proof of Florida insurance. We then took our title (Michigan is not a title holding state so we were in possession of it.) The title showed the leinholder. It was so easy, we received our plates immediately and were told that the title would be sent to our leinholder. We also received our voter registrations and changed our drivers licenses. The whole process took about 30 minutes and we left there with every thing we needed (albeit poorer!)
Old 04-16-2013, 09:18 AM

We went to the DMV today. No insurance needed for Florida driver license. Since we have a lien on our vehicle the lady did the paperwork for us and will fax it to the bank to release title to them. No charge for that.
The DMV will call us in the next week or two to let us know they received it. Then we will have to get Florida insurance before go back to do plate and registration.
FYI - if you use your credit card to pay for any of this, they charge a $10.75 processing fee. I wrote a check.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:14 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR&VAF View Post
We went to the DMV today. No insurance needed for Florida driver license. Since we have a lien on our vehicle the lady did the paperwork for us and will fax it to the bank to release title to them. No charge for that.
The DMV will call us in the next week or two to let us know they received it. Then we will have to get Florida insurance before go back to do plate and registration.
FYI - if you use your credit card to pay for any of this, they charge a $10.75 processing fee. I wrote a check.
Thanks for giving everybody feedback on your experience. Finding out how to go through this process can be a bit of a daunting experience for most, even for someone like me with years of experience in this field.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 04-16-2013, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
Thanks for giving everybody feedback on your experience. Finding out how to go through this process can be a bit of a daunting experience for most, even for someone like me with years of experience in this field.
We went to Wildwood about 9:30 this morning. No lines at all, and very nice and helpful people.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.