Reinstall TOTV app

Closed Thread
Old 09-24-2021, 07:20 AM
Default Reinstall TOTV app

I deleted the TOTV app on my iPad which I thought would help me get on. Later learned it was a TOTV issue. Anyhow, how do I install the app. Couldn’t find it when I went to the App Store
Old 09-24-2021, 07:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfield View Post
I deleted the TOTV app on my iPad which I thought would help me get on. Later learned it was a TOTV issue. Anyhow, how do I install the app. Couldn’t find it when I went to the App Store
There is no TOTV app. You just go straight to the website through your device's browser.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 09-24-2021, 07:24 AM

Thanks but I’m not sure what to do. How do I do this. I know it sounds dumb but I need super easy steps
Old 09-24-2021, 07:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:
Thanks but I’m not sure what to do. How do I do this. I know it sounds dumb but I need super easy steps
At the bottom of your tablet screen there should be something that looks like a compass. That is your browser. Once you open that type talkofthevillages.com in the top address bar.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 09-24-2021, 10:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
At the bottom of your tablet screen there should be something that looks like a compass. That is your browser. Once you open that type talkofthevillages.com in the top address bar.
Thanks Kenswing. I'm still Jacked Up! In the old days this would have put me into orbit.

It I just leave it alone it will resolve itself in another day or so.

What am I missing......? Ahhh NOTHING! Later.

Here is what we are getting today. (Unable to open classifieds xml file!)

When I leave tis page I can't get back in.....whatever.
Old 09-24-2021, 10:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,512 Times in 3,105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Thanks Kenswing. I'm still Jacked Up! In the old days this would have put me into orbit.

It I just leave it alone it will resolve itself in another day or so.

What am I missing......? Ahhh NOTHING! Later.

Here is what we are getting today. (Unable to open classifieds xml file!)

When I leave tis page I can't get back in.....whatever.
It's an error on the server side (the ToTV side).

You can bypass it this way:

go to the main talk of the villages website ( The Villages, Florida - 55+ Active Adult Retirement Community Website ) and from that main site, click on forums.

That should work.
Old 09-24-2021, 02:41 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Open the website;
The Villages, Florida - 55+ Active Adult Retirement Community Website
Once open at the top of your ipad screen is a blue box with an arrow pointing up. Click on this. Another box will open with a number of options such as sending the website by message, mail, and others. Scrolling down in that box you will see other options. You can add it as a “Favorite,” Bookmark,” or in the case I use “Add To Home Screen”. If you select this it will put TOTV on your Home Screen just like all your apps are. It will show up on the last page of your current apps. Now you can open it just like an app. This process works for any website that isn’t available as an app that you want quick access to. Hope this helps.
Old 09-24-2021, 06:23 PM
Administrator

The Villages GPS team is aware of these issues and working feverishly to resolve them. They will update shortly.
Old 09-25-2021, 06:31 AM
Default Please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVillages View Post
Open the website;
The Villages, Florida - 55+ Active Adult Retirement Community Website
Once open at the top of your ipad screen is a blue box with an arrow pointing up. Click on this. Another box will open with a number of options such as sending the website by message, mail, and others. Scrolling down in that box you will see other options. You can add it as a “Favorite,” Bookmark,” or in the case I use “Add To Home Screen”. If you select this it will put TOTV on your Home Screen just like all your apps are. It will show up on the last page of your current apps. Now you can open it just like an app. This process works for any website that isn’t available as an app that you want quick access to. Hope this helps.
I tried the above remedy, it did not added the app to my tablet, I am using an Apple mini Tablet, cannot access anything, I also unsubscribed by mistake and have not been able to access the forums for the past 3 days, I would appreciate any help that you could provide, I enjoy reading it since it’s informative and helps me.
Thank you
Pedro Carrasco (pedrocarrasco01@yahoo.com)
Old 09-25-2021, 08:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,714 Times in 5,243 Posts

Quote:
It looks as though you may have had an icon on your Ipad home page that would automatically open your browser and take you to the TOTV website. I don't know if it is the same on an Ipad, but, when you find the website, there should be a menu option on top right corner of the browser page to "add page to" "home screen". That will restore your website link (not an app).
Closed Thread

Tags
app, totv, issue, reinstall, install

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.