A reminder to auto/truck drivers

Closed Thread
Old 03-04-2020, 02:40 PM
Sage
Default A reminder to auto/truck drivers

This a.m. I was driving up the hill just past Odell Rec Center going towards Mallory. A silver SUV was "tooling" right along (which is fine) but there was a golf-cart in the diamond path next to it. The SUV/driver did a fast turn on to Harston Trail in front of the cart. I could see the cart-driver slamming on their brakes but at the same time the wheels on the passenger side went up over the curb and they nearly tilted over on their side. I know my heart was beating fast so can't imagine how the folks in the cart were feeling. The SUV proceeded very quickly into the neighborhood so I didn't get a chance to see where , in fact they were headed. It wasn't for a t-time so just plain in a hurry. I can't imagine what would have happened "IF" the golf-cart would have T-boned the SUV. Keep in mind folks cars-drivers need to be very mindful! That golf-cart had the right of way in this instance. Harston is a loop too, I think but there's a short block before a stop sign. So many people blow right through the stop sign as well. But that's another story from what I observed this morning.
Old 03-04-2020, 02:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
This a.m. I was driving up the hill just past Odell Rec Center going towards Mallory. A silver SUV was "tooling" right along (which is fine) but there was a golf-cart in the diamond path next to it. The SUV/driver did a fast turn on to Harston Trail in front of the cart. I could see the cart-driver slamming on their brakes but at the same time the wheels on the passenger side went up over the curb and they nearly tilted over on their side. I know my heart was beating fast so can't imagine how the folks in the cart were feeling. The SUV proceeded very quickly into the neighborhood so I didn't get a chance to see where , in fact they were headed. It wasn't for a t-time so just plain in a hurry. I can't imagine what would have happened "IF" the golf-cart would have T-boned the SUV. Keep in mind folks cars-drivers need to be very mindful! That golf-cart had the right of way in this instance. Harston is a loop too, I think but there's a short block before a stop sign. So many people blow right through the stop sign as well. But that's another story from what I observed this morning.
Pretty much par for the course. I especially love it when the car speeds up to get ahead of you for a right turn, then dies making the turn when there would have been no problem if the car had just approached the turn at a normal speed.
I supposed this is evened out by the cart drivers making a left directly from the cart lane, usually without a turn or hand signal
Old 03-04-2020, 06:23 PM

OTOH, I was turning into the Rio Grande pool parking lot this morning in my cart. I noticed a car coming up behind me and anticipated that the car might turn into the lot ahead of me. However, the car slowed allowing me to safely navigate the turn, then pulled in after me.

Once parked, I walked over to the car. Out stepped two millennials, boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife, who knows. I offered my thanks for their safe movement. They responded, "no problem, we're on vacation, and in no hurry."
The Village Rockers is now forming. Stay "tuned" for further details about this new club for musicians, singers and spectators. Send us your name and email address. We will put you on our email list for news, updates, meeting times and playdates.
Closed Thread

Tags
suv, golf-cart, folks, harston, imagine

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.