REMINDER! Crispers TOTV Luncheon

Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2012, 07:33 PM

Jane, how are they going to put your pool in now that the birdcage is up?
Old 03-14-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquat View Post
Hope to see a big crowd Friday at 3 pm at Crispers! We are looking for a volunteer to host the April luncheon! No experience required! Wendy
Is it a formal luncheon?
Old 03-14-2012, 09:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexter View Post
Is it a formal luncheon?
No, it's not a luncheon. It's a gathering in the outside patio. You may purchase food, or a beverage, or nothing at all.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:35 PM
Platinum member

About as casual as you can get. We usually do a late breakfast and eat a late lunch there but last month I wasn't hungry so just had a Coke!
Old 03-14-2012, 09:47 PM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills
Default ANSWER TO GAGE 405 and St Pats Day

Well you ask an interesting question about the swimspa. It is going to be a BIG event. Part of the birdcage will be taken off in the morning. A large crane will arrive at the same time as the delivery of the Michael Phelps Momentum Swimspa which weighs 3000 pounds empty. The crane will lift the swimspa 132 feet OVER our villa and place it in the birdcage. Then the birdcage will be reassembled in the area that it was taken apart. I will be very anxious as you can imagine watching this and this is the reason I am flying out at midnight tomorrow night (Thursday night) so I can inpsect the work in progress at our villa and be there for the "Raising of the Swimspa" next week. It all had to be coordinated with my arrival! I expect it may be a community event and I am hoping it is not a traffic stopper on the Morse St Bridge as people see this swimspa in the air. It will be entertainment for those at Live Oaks Park and I believe some of my neighbors I have never met be out as well to watch. I may charge admission, haha! Ugh. Let;s hope it does not land in my kitchen....

And I will be at Crispers, I am looking so forward to it. I will have been up since Thursday morning Pacific time 530 am so may not look my best but will be happy to seey you all and to be in The Villages!
Old 03-14-2012, 10:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
No, it's not a luncheon. It's a gathering in the outside patio. You may purchase food, or a beverage, or nothing at all.
There is no obligation to purchase lunch. However Crispers is a restaurant. We don't pay for a meeting room, we use their patio instead, for free. To be fair to Crispers, I think it would be courteous if most people at least purchase a drink. Just a thought.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquat View Post
I don't look like my avatar!
I don't know - your avatar's awfully cute
Old 03-15-2012, 04:29 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
There is no obligation to purchase lunch. However Crispers is a restaurant. We don't pay for a meeting room, we use their patio instead, for free. To be fair to Crispers, I think it would be courteous if most people at least purchase a drink. Just a thought.
Sorry, Champ, but I agree with Bare. It is a restaurant and we are taking up space on the patio (or inside, depending on the weather) and I think the fair thing is to purchase a drink or dessert or something from them. It is called the Crispers Luncheon??
BTW, I will be there also. I hope we can get some more "oldies" there as well - can't wait to meet some of you "newbies"...

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 03-15-2012, 06:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane032657 View Post
Well you ask an interesting question about the swimspa. It is going to be a BIG event. Part of the birdcage will be taken off in the morning. A large crane will arrive at the same time as the delivery of the Michael Phelps Momentum Swimspa which weighs 3000 pounds empty. The crane will lift the swimspa 132 feet OVER our villa and place it in the birdcage. Then the birdcage will be reassembled in the area that it was taken apart. I will be very anxious as you can imagine watching this and this is the reason I am flying out at midnight tomorrow night (Thursday night) so I can inpsect the work in progress at our villa and be there for the "Raising of the Swimspa" next week. It all had to be coordinated with my arrival! I expect it may be a community event and I am hoping it is not a traffic stopper on the Morse St Bridge as people see this swimspa in the air. It will be entertainment for those at Live Oaks Park and I believe some of my neighbors I have never met be out as well to watch. I may charge admission, haha! Ugh. Let;s hope it does not land in my kitchen....

And I will be at Crispers, I am looking so forward to it. I will have been up since Thursday morning Pacific time 530 am so may not look my best but will be happy to seey you all and to be in The Villages!
Wonderful! Would you like Helene and me to pick you up?
Old 03-15-2012, 08:05 AM
Gold member
Unhappy

Wanted to go this Friday but my golf group scheduled a tee time at Mallory for 12:20 so will be unable to attend. Usually our group gets morning tee times but with the influx of snowbirds some of us end up with PM times.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 03-15-2012, 08:13 AM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills
Default reply to GracieGirl

Thank you SO much for the offer of a ride. I will make my way over in my rental car as I have a shopping list of things to get for my "survival week". I have had an air mattress, pillows, and two camping chairs shipped from Amazon. That is the extent of all my furnishings so some basic supplies for the week will be desperately in order! I also am getting a golf cart for the week from the golf store in LSL and need to drive back the person bringing it to me-I am putting in an order for a new Yamaha EFI but as I am choosing fabric, etc, I will not have it until I come back so they are kindly lending me one. I do look forward to seeing you all there, again, I expect I will look haggered from a long day of work in front of me today, an evening meeting, a midnight flight with one change of planes, and then the drive to TV arriving tomorrow early afternoon. Just in time to meet everyone and begin St Pat's celebrations
Old 03-15-2012, 09:54 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
I don't know - your avatar's awfully cute
Thanks! That's why Tucker is posted instead of me!
Old 03-15-2012, 10:04 AM
Platinum member

So looking forward to finally meeting you KathieI! Will be good to see Gracie and Helene also. And all you other great TOTVers who were so instrumental in helping us make a smoother move to TV! There's nothing like getting information "straight from the horses mouth"!
Old 03-15-2012, 10:57 AM
Location: Philadelphia,PA - Mt Laurel, NJ, Village of Fernandina

What a beautiful thing it is that you still roll out the welcome mat to new Villagers. I will be renting in Hemingway for the months of May & June so I will be there for a few weeks until you have a meeting that I can attend. May ??? My plan is to find a patio villa and buy in the Fall.

As a single woman (yes, I know yet another single woman) it is not easy for me to just drop in to a bar, a restaurant, dance, golf, etc. without knowing anybody; so I look forward to adding a few friends to socialize with. I love this forum.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:43 PM

Wendy,

We close on the 18th,the moving van comes on the 19 so we should be able to make the meeting for sure.
Sounds fun!!

MaryAnn
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.