Reminder for NFL Fans

Closed Thread
Old 06-05-2023, 08:11 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,074 Times in 431 Posts
Default Reminder for NFL Fans

Starting this year with the 2023 NFL season, the NFL Sunday Ticket is now offered by YouTube. The Sunday Ticket had previously been offered through DirecTV.

There are thousands of football fans living here in The Villages that come from all over the country. For those who enjoy following their favorite teams, that usually meant heading for a sports bar, or having the Sunday Ticket.

Until tomorrow, 6-6-23, YouTube is offering a discount of $100 To sign up for the NFL Sunday Ticket. If you are a YouTube TV subscriber, the cost is another $100 cheaper.

We recently cut the cord and went with YouTube TV. It is $30/month less than I had been paying Spectrum, and so far we are more than happy with the switch. I also signed up for the Sunday Ticket. While we did enjoy going to Gators, or City Fire to watch games, at $249 per year for Sunday Ticket, I figure I'll save money over the course of a 17-week season!
Old 06-05-2023, 09:37 AM

I'd rather go up to Margarita Junction to watch my Bears and hang out with Chicagoans.
Old 06-05-2023, 11:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Pass. Sunday afternoons are one of the few time-periods in TV when a late fall or winter tee time is NOT impossible to get.
Old 06-05-2023, 01:25 PM

Not a bad price if one is a YouTube TV subscriber. But I'm a chronic comcast/ xfinity addict. Been one for over 50 years. I could still subscribe to sunday ticket but $300 is my limit. Besides I'm counting on seeing 75% of my Eagles games anyway since they are a good team coming off a SB appearance. Five of their games are going to be in prime time. Only two are scheduled to be at 1pm Eastern, and those are teams I don't mind missing (Commanders and Cardinals).The rest of their games are at 4:30pm Sunday(or Christmas day) and will probably be the CBS/FOX Sunday game of the week (Patriots, Cowboys, Jets, 49ers, Bills, Rams). They will face the Giants on Christmas day.
Old 06-07-2023, 07:35 AM
Veteran member

Sunday Ticket still has local blackouts and it only shows Sunday games. Ripoff.

Today’s football is so watered down and woke it will be a hard pass for me.
Old 06-07-2023, 11:09 AM

I have an antenna that pulls in from Orlando. Plenty of NFL for me. Otherwise Amazon Prime still has the Thursday night game, I believe, and if you want even more, I believe ESPN is going to be fully standalone for streaming soon, if not already.

IMO, the only value to Sunday ticket is if you have an out of market team that is rarely picked up OTA down here, and they are worth watching. I had it once to see the Bears, but with their poor play, hardly worth it.

I do like Red Zone. Best way to watch alot of football without commercials or dead time between plays.
Closed Thread

Tags
sunday, ticket, nfl, youtube, $100

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.