Is this an objective and informative book about The Villages?

Closed Thread
Old 01-23-2020, 10:57 PM
Question Is this an objective and informative book about The Villages?

I'm considering moving to TV and found this book on Amazon, "Moving to The Villages Florida: Don't Even THINK About Moving to The Villages Without Reading this Book First!". It has zero reviews and costs $27 which is reasonable if it's really good, but I always like to do my research first. Then I noticed the author is listed as "TalkOfTheVillages Members". So I looked around these forums a little and found a thread advertising the book for the same price but it has ZERO replies. So I'd like to hear from some people that live in TV who have actually read the book, but are not associated with the authors.

Is it objective? More fact than opinion? Did you find it told you things you didn't already know?

Finally, if you bought the book, did you buy it directly from the authors as a PDF, or from Amazon as a Kindle book, or in print? I prefer to read on my Kindle but often if the book was just designed for PDF or print, it may not work well in the Kindle (no TOC with links to chapters, no ability to highlight or add notes).

Any links to other discussions on it would also be appreciated.
Ken
Old 01-24-2020, 09:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

A picture is worth a thousand words. Youtube is free and immediate with moving pictures. I look up subjects and how to's, and anything I need to know on youtube. Here, I did a search for you, and don't limit yourself to just this.

Moving to The Villages Florida - YouTube
Old 01-24-2020, 09:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

The above link appears to have lots of info. You can look this over then ask specific questions on items that are important to you, or search for answers on this site. NOTE: some answers will be time sensitive or location sensitive as house designs have evolved over the years.

Tags
book, kindle, villages, moving, pdf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.