Reminder for those who need it:

Closed Thread
Old 01-19-2020, 12:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Yes, I meant the outdoor parks. I'm not aware of any indoor parks in the Villages. Sorry if "parks" wasn't specific enough for you.

It supports my argument though: you need to read what is written and react to that, not what you think things might say, or ignore things that are written.

Same with the rule-breakers. They either didn't bother to read the sign with the instructions not to let their toddlers play on the gym equipment in the (outdoor) parks, or they read it, and decided that the rules don't apply to them.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:46 AM
Default Exercise equipment

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
They are located at 6 regional rec centers. Here is a link.

Village Community Development Districts
I didn't know there was a charge to use the equipment. Sorry!
Old 01-20-2020, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Yes, I meant the outdoor parks. I'm not aware of any indoor parks in the Villages. Sorry if "parks" wasn't specific enough for you.

It supports my argument though: you need to read what is written and react to that, not what you think things might say, or ignore things that are written.

Same with the rule-breakers. They either didn't bother to read the sign with the instructions not to let their toddlers play on the gym equipment in the (outdoor) parks, or they read it, and decided that the rules don't apply to them.
If you personally witness something like this why not just politely inform the offender of the rules. It's highly likely they don't know the rule vs. needing to be "reminded." Either way, if it is that bothersome you should communicate to the offender vs. posting on a forum that very few people actually read. Most of us (if not all) agree with your point.

I get the frustration with folks who either don't know the rules or simply chose to ignore the rules but letting them get away with it at the time of infraction simply gives these people more reason to break the rules as it seems like nobody noticed or nobody cared.
Old 01-20-2020, 08:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPacers View Post
If you personally witness something like this why not just politely inform the offender of the rules. It's highly likely they don't know the rule vs. needing to be "reminded." Either way, if it is that bothersome you should communicate to the offender vs. posting on a forum that very few people actually read. Most of us (if not all) agree with your point.

I get the frustration with folks who either don't know the rules or simply chose to ignore the rules but letting them get away with it at the time of infraction simply gives these people more reason to break the rules as it seems like nobody noticed or nobody cared.
Where I come from, rule breakers get reported to the people whose job it is to enforce the rules. We do not confront - because we could end up in a world of hurt if we do.

You tell the parents of a family to please keep their kids off the machines, and they will likely say "you and what army are going to make me?" and now you have created a hostile situation with neighbors who might report your house if they see a single blade of grass growing higher than 4 inches.

No thanks.

I'd rather just vent my frustration, and report this when possible. I did go to the rec center to report it but they aren't available on the weekends. THere was no point in waiting 2 days to report it, it was one of those "if the authority people are able to see them doing it then and there, THEY can say something to the family."
Old 01-24-2020, 09:12 AM

Why should we have to pay for this, everything else is free.
Old 01-24-2020, 09:16 AM
Veteran member

Closed Thread

Tags
equipment, year, exercise, bring, kids

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.