Rennaisance Festival = replace relay for life

Closed Thread
Old 01-07-2012, 07:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default Rennaisance Festival = replace relay for life

with one very big exception...relay for life proceeds went to the American Cancer Society. The proceeds from the festival go to Moffitt.

Relay for life banned from using property of TV...replaced by the festival.

TV owns it so I guess they can do what they want with their holdings. My contributions will continue to go the the American Cancer Society.

Not so subtle heavy hand of TV. I don't complain if at all about TV, however I do when it comes to the rug pulling they have done with the American Cancer Society to further their personal business objectives. Not fair one little bit.

btk
Old 01-07-2012, 08:27 AM

I support the American Cancer Society too but I also see room to support the Moffit Center also. I like knowing that if MY cancer comes back there is a state of the art treatment center locally that I can utilize. I will be at the Renaissance Festival today as a survivor and supporter.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:29 AM
Platinum member

There certainly hasn't been much publicity about the Renaissance Fair......I am planning to go, but I don't have very high expectations of it.....even if it is replacing Relay for Life.....it seems that if they want to make any money , there should have been some extra publicity.

I will report back.......
Old 01-07-2012, 10:34 AM
Gold member

My wife & I will also be there today and continue to support both the American Cancer Society and Moffitt. We pray for the day that all cancers can be cured.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.