Rent car Ft Lauderdale to The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 01-30-2015, 03:09 PM
Platinum member
Default Rent car Ft Lauderdale to The Villages

We will be disembarking from a cruise in Ft Lauderdale (began in San Diego). We are planning to rent a car and drive home to The Villages. Has anyone done this? What was the cost? Thanks.
Tampa, FL
Old 01-30-2015, 03:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avista View Post
We will be disembarking from a cruise in Ft Lauderdale (began in San Diego). We are planning to rent a car and drive home to The Villages. Has anyone done this? What was the cost? Thanks.
We do this every time we cruise. We actually book through Avis in TV, drop the car at their place in Ft. Lauderdale and take their shuttle to the cruise port. Do the same coming back, call the Avis place, take their shuttle to the rental office, pick up a car, follow the signs to the Florida Turnpike, drive back to TV and leave the car at Avis in Spanish Springs.

I am not sure of the cost, but if you call Avis in TV they will give you a one way price. We think it is very reasonable and stops wear and tear on your own vehicle.

Whoops ............... should have been Hertz at Spanish Springs, not Avis! Sorry .................

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Last edited by Madelaine Amee; 01-30-2015 at 05:29 PM.
Old 01-30-2015, 03:38 PM
Sage

Check the rates with Enterprise in LSL.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 01-30-2015, 04:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avista View Post
I recently looked into renting from Hertz (Spanish Springs) and a one day rental, dropping off in Fort Lauderdale, was $130. That seemed steep, but it was for the Easter weekend. I searched again using Kayak and got the exact same thing but for half the price. No idea what the total cost of the tolls is.

Just be aware that Hertz locally has very short opening hours at the weekend.
Old 01-30-2015, 04:43 PM

We have rented from Hertz one way from Ft Lauderdale to The Villages (Spanish Springs). Back in October 2012 the cost was $78. Was well worth it and very easy. There's a rental spot close to the pier and I believe we took a shuttle to their offices.
Old 01-30-2015, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
We do this every time we cruise. We actually book through Avis in TV, drop the car at their place in Ft. Lauderdale and take their shuttle to the cruise port. Do the same coming back, call the Avis place, take their shuttle to the rental office, pick up a car, follow the signs to the Florida Turnpike, drive back to TV and leave the car at Avis in Spanish Springs.

I am not sure of the cost, but if you call Avis in TV they will give you a one way price. We think it is very reasonable and stops wear and tear on your own vehicle.
Are you sure there is an AVIS location in Spanish Springs? I haven't ever seen one and according to the AVIS web site, the 2 closest to TV are Leesburg and Ocala. I'd like to know where the Spanish Springs office is located.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.