rental house owners

Closed Thread
Old 05-21-2020, 06:45 AM
theruizs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Wrong, that is why as a landlord you have liability insurance and they will be the ones to defend it with their attorneys, been there done that.
And when they’ve had to do that a time or two there will be no increase in your rates, right?
Old 05-21-2020, 06:49 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Be prepared for what? It would be impossible to prove that you picked up the virus in the home you rented.
I would still sue the owner ... cost me nothing..cost of doing business....
Old 05-21-2020, 06:52 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paporter View Post
If we’d known, there were so many vacation rentals, we would not have bought our RETIREMENT home, in The Villages advertised retirement community. The Villages isn’t a Retirement Community, it’s a Vacation Club Community.
amen
Old 05-21-2020, 07:00 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,327 Times in 1,442 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theruizs View Post
And when they’ve had to do that a time or two there will be no increase in your rates, right?
I doubt very much that there would ever be a law suit let alone more than one and again, they would be impossible to prove and would never get to court. I have had multiple claims over short periods of time and never have had my rates increased or insurance dropped. This is a non-worry issue.
Old 05-21-2020, 07:02 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,327 Times in 1,442 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the man View Post
I would still sue the owner ... cost me nothing..cost of doing business....
It could cost you the defense legal fees if the court considered it a frivolous law suit Stanley. You are going nowhere on this.
Old 05-21-2020, 07:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,653 Times in 1,496 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smacquart View Post
Good idea
Your short reply sounds like you may not have a full grasp of the situation, or might be a Relax employee pushing the agenda. The OP wanted feedback from property owners that are using Relax to manage their properties.
Those who do not fit that description are, most likely, not aware of the email we received.
From others that are Relax clients that did receive that email, it makes us wonder how good of a job they were actually doing in the first place. Many, if not all, we're given a list of what should be provided by the home in regards to the quantity, quality of sheets, towels, etc. Colors, patterns, etc, we're left up to the home owners decorating preferences. Now, among other suggestions is to de-personalize your property and go the way of industrializing/mass sharing those items. This would streamline their process, give them control of the items provided and remove the owners opportunity of adding a little Florida charm in favor of industrial uniformity which you have to pay for.
Along with this, stated in what I interpreted as a passive/aggressive way, was the statement that your property would be listed as "sanitized" and somehow superior to others.
I could go on, but will simply say that at a time of uncertainty, while people have many concerns and are vulnerable, this seems a way to take advantage of and manipulate the covid situation at the expense the property owners.
We will not be participating at this time and will be monitoring the situation closely.
Old 05-21-2020, 07:43 AM

Is "vh4r" you speak of
VH4R Home Rentals in The Villages
Old 05-21-2020, 08:05 AM

With the CDC is saying the virus does not live on surfaces like they thought, I think it is over kill
Old 05-21-2020, 08:36 AM

We own a short term rental in Northern Michigan. Our condo association is busy complying with sanitizing regulations. This is a sign of the times and you will need to show your rental is “properly sanitized”. This is not just the normal cleaning. We’ve been in the rental business over 40 years. Now is a good time to get rid of them. It’s not worth the liability. I’m sure, if your homeowners insurance knows you rent they will have strict requirements you need to follow. If you take the gamble and don’t tell your insurance agency you are renting, that’s even worse. Don’t fool around. Add the sanitizing to the rent you charge or you chance a lot of liability. Renters are going to expect it.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

Please explain how rental propertIes effect your living in the villages , most of us are just like you enjoying our wonderful villages retirement, while also making a little money
Old 05-21-2020, 09:45 AM
Location: Brooklyn O; NYC; Cambridge, Ma; London, UK; Martha's Vineyard Is.; Newburyport, Ma; The Villages

We own 2 properties which are rented via Realty Executives. When we bought them they were 'partially furnished'. Glad now we decided to give what was left away and rent completely unfurnished instead. Easy to clean. But we rent long-term instead of seasonal and right now I can commiserate. One house has been vacant since Feb and summer ahead.
Old 05-21-2020, 10:57 AM

We recently moved to a new house in Fernandina, from a previous one in St. James.
We are seasonal and rented our house in St. James when not in TV several times, thru
VR4rent with great results, never had to charge one $ against Sec. Deposit.
For info. we had a meeting with REMAX to handle the rental in our new house, especially
about the "Sanitized Program". The meeting went fine, then we got the contract emailed to us. WOW, read all the details CAREFULLY, many things were NOT disclosed!!!
Will NOT use REMAX by our choice, very disappointed to not having ALL DETAILS
disclosed in the meeting.
We plan to continue to use VR4rent
Old 05-21-2020, 01:41 PM

CDC: Virus 'does not spread easily' on contaminated surfaces.
The virus does not stay long on surfaces. That said, the risk would be during the "season" when the time between renters is short, not during the other nine months. The ReMax program might be useful for marketing but too expensive for general use.
Old 05-21-2020, 06:44 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,345 Times in 733 Posts

If someone wanted to they could just run an ozone generator to sanitize their home Medical Professionals Sanitize COVID-19 Transports with Airthereal Ozone Generators

They are inexpensive $89.00 on Amazon. I use them to clear the air if any guests left an order of some kind (cooking, whatever). Remove it before guests arrive so they don't operate it while the home is occupied.

Ozone generators are why no used car smells like anyone had ever smoked in it.

Smells like after a thunderstorm. One to two days run time gets rid of any odors.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:24 PM
Default Question

Just a question? Isn't a rental property in TV actually business? And I thought no businesses where allowed to be ran from the homes? Very interesting!
Closed Thread

Tags
list, sanitized, rental, month, extra

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.