rental house owners

Closed Thread
Old 05-21-2020, 09:35 PM

Read your policy and exclusions. Get it in writing from your agent that you are covered
Old 05-22-2020, 01:07 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyj66 View Post
Just a question? Isn't a rental property in TV actually business? And I thought no businesses where allowed to be ran from the homes? Very interesting!
Renting is far different than proving a product you sell out of your home. Topic has been discussed many times, using search engine you will find a wealth of information on the subject
Old 05-22-2020, 06:28 AM

I am also leaning toward not participating for the reasons you mentioned.
Old 05-22-2020, 06:34 AM
Veteran member

when in Rome do as the Romans do-- rent out my house or buy a couple of rentals ---why not -- this is not a retirement community anymore
Old 05-22-2020, 01:33 PM

If you have any questions about the RE/MAX Certified Sanitized Homes please give them a call at 352-460-4633. Really frustrating to see people on social media platforms speak about issues that they are not fully educated on. This is a new program that is on a voluntary basis for the homeowner. In fairness, one should know what they are talking about, prior to making a comment. I realize this program is not for everybody, but for me it is. I like knowing that the "spread" on the bed is clean for my arrival, not to worry about the last time the owner had the bedspread at the cleaners or even having to put the spread in the corner of the closet during my stay. There are many other perks to this program that will bring comfort to renters, as well as owners, as the world is certainly navigating in a new direction in what is acceptable in the rental world.
Old 05-22-2020, 04:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddlebrook View Post
If you have any questions about the RE/MAX Certified Sanitized Homes please give them a call at 352-460-4633. Really frustrating to see people on social media platforms speak about issues that they are not fully educated on. This is a new program that is on a voluntary basis for the homeowner. In fairness, one should know what they are talking about, prior to making a comment. I realize this program is not for everybody, but for me it is. I like knowing that the "spread" on the bed is clean for my arrival, not to worry about the last time the owner had the bedspread at the cleaners or even having to put the spread in the corner of the closet during my stay. There are many other perks to this program that will bring comfort to renters, as well as owners, as the world is certainly navigating in a new direction in what is acceptable in the rental world.
I get your concern, however on our first rental home 10 years ago we used, a Well know agency That rented our home and cleaned after our full time renter left.

Charge to deep clean was $225. Month later and cheap tickets we flew down for a Long weekend. We arrived at 2am. Tired I went to take a shower and as I entered the entire floor In the shower was filthy. Pulled the bedspread back, and the sheets had not been changed.

After taking pictures of master and cleaned it was 8am. Called the management company, owner came out, went room by room, with us. To see the condition each room.

Then open the refrigerator with eggs, and moldy bread still in it. I offered her a cup of coffee as we went over the issues. Took out the filter, with old coffee grounds molded in the holder. She declined the coffee.

Returned our cleaning fee, we declined their services for rest of contract. Company was to let go the persons who did our cleaning. Who knows.

For us if We didn’t do it ourselves We could never trust someone else to do a better job. Sold the home so no longer have the worry
Old 05-22-2020, 09:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,636 Times in 1,489 Posts
Default I agree, in part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddlebrook View Post
Frustrating to not have all the facts, for sure. Have not yet had the opportunity to learn all the facts yet. My main points were,1: pour timing to try hitting the property owners with a bill for several hundred dollars (which benefits them) at a time, typically high season, when many of us have a major part of our projected annual earnings with no clue to when/if our market will return. 2: due to recommendations, many of us have invested a lot of money in higher quality sheets, towels, etc that we are being told we must now remove in favor of what they will place in all properties (like hotel linen/towels, etc) to be laundered off site some industrial site?. 3: charge us ongoing fees while they save money streamlining their operation.
So far all the information I have is what was written in the email which I interpreted, correctly or incorrectly, that they want me to pay more, de-personalize my property. The only thing that I get for my expense is they will add the word "sanitized" in my ad. If you opt out, well, who knows.
Sadly, we had a very bad and very costly experience with our previous management company. When I first read the email, my initial reaction was "maybe it's time to get out". But I want to get more information before deciding.
My first post was in response to the OP who seemed to have similar concerns. She asked for our opinion, that is all I gave , an opinion based on the only information either of us had.
Old 05-23-2020, 06:58 AM
Soaring Eagle member

My thoughts are they could push the homes in the sanitized program first. Our management company didn’t like the fact we were a long term home, we didn’t want the revolving door of weekly rentals. Many phone calls to get us to change, we always thought they Didn’t have our best interest.

It seems those who have received the email have many questions about the program. I would make a list of concern, email back for a written response.

If a home sits empty for months at a time will they still charge you a fee each month for a no need sanitized home? Or do they offer a sanitized cleaning just before renter arrives, and while the home is occupied. Just a thought
Old 05-23-2020, 10:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,636 Times in 1,489 Posts
Default Just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
My thoughts are they could push the homes in the sanitized program first. Our management company didn’t like the fact we were a long term home, we didn’t want the revolving door of weekly rentals. Many phone calls to get us to change, we always thought they Didn’t have our best interest.

It seems those who have received the email have many questions about the program. I would make a list of concern, email back for a written response.

If a home sits empty for months at a time will they still charge you a fee each month for a no need sanitized home? Or do they offer a sanitized cleaning just before renter arrives, and while the home is occupied. Just a thought
I agree with your point about pushing the "sanitized" first. As to your comment about not having your best interest, they are a business and, like any business must look to their bottom line first and foremost. They are not a charity. As your agent the base principle is "the more $ you make, the more$ they make". But, sometimes what you believe is in your best interest may not be in theirs.
As to your next point about getting more information, that is necessary before moving ahead.
As to your last paragraph, I understood (right or wrong) that there would be a monthly charge. As to the sanitizing schedule, no idea yet. We will see. As to your question about clean and sanitize before each guest, that is what I thought the cleaning fee paid for. I may have been mistaken. Further investigation needs to be done.
Old 05-23-2020, 11:48 AM

If I own a home in the villages that I rent out can I get a season pass to come down . Coming from nyv
Old 05-23-2020, 12:49 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinhogan View Post
If I own a home in the villages that I rent out can I get a season pass to come down . Coming from nyv
Season pass to Disney, universal, lego land?
Closed Thread

Tags
list, sanitized, rental, month, extra

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.