Do you know anything about the Hammock Golf Course

Closed Thread
Old 11-25-2019, 12:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,674 Times in 628 Posts
Default Do you know anything about the Hammock Golf Course

We played golf at Gray Fox yesterday and saw there is a lot of land being cleared. As we were leaving and drove near the #5 tee on Red Fox, we saw a sign for "Hammock Golf Course" and did not know what that referred to.

Do you have ideas what they plan to build there?
Old 11-25-2019, 02:02 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,327 Times in 1,442 Posts

They originally announced it to be I believe 250 single family homes but rumor has it that they are now building 200 premier homes in there, don't know if that is true or not. Never heard of Hammock golf course but you never know. Whatever it is I hope they hurry along as it's a dirty mess in that area.
Old 11-25-2019, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
We played golf at Gray Fox yesterday and saw there is a lot of land being cleared. As we were leaving and drove near the #5 tee on Red Fox, we saw a sign for "Hammock Golf Course" and did not know what that referred to. ......
I don’t know why they are clearing land at the present time, but I believe Hammock Golf Course was the Master Plan name for the courses that actually became Red Fox and Gray Fox.
The Wildwood Planning & Zoning Board approved Fenney Site Plans in July 2016 that showed those two courses as being “Hammock Golf Course”.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
We played golf at Gray Fox yesterday and saw there is a lot of land being cleared. As we were leaving and drove near the #5 tee on Red Fox, we saw a sign for "Hammock Golf Course" and did not know what that referred to.
Do you have ideas what they plan to build there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw Man View Post
I don’t know why they are clearing land at the present time, but I believe Hammock Golf Course was the Master Plan name for the courses that actually became Red Fox and Gray Fox.
The Wildwood Planning & Zoning Board approved Fenney Site Plans in July 2016 that showed those two courses as being “Hammock Golf Course”.
Aw Man is correct. Hammock.jpg is a screen shot from golfthevillages.com.

As far as the construction, pictrure1.jpg and picture2.jpg show what is being planned. Most of the lots appear to be typical lots - villas, cottages, designers - it's hard to say. Possibly a few of them might be premier lots.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Hammock.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	81998   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	picture1.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	81999   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	picture2.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	82000  
Old 11-26-2019, 09:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,674 Times in 628 Posts

Thanks for all of your comments. Since there are no 18-hole (I just can't call them 'championship') courses in that area, there is no place to buy golf supplies, so maybe they will put in a golf shop, kinda like Sarasota.

We are pleased with everything we see in the Southern Area except for the Loblolly golf course. My wife and I like to walk the courses and push our golf carts, but on the Loblolly course we would have to walk on the new multi-modal path for a few hundred yards from #6 green to #7 tee, and we think that is very unsafe. Pushing a golf cart on a multi-modal path with golf carts speeding by is way too dangerous for us.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, fox, hammock, tee, sign

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.