Rental/Lease Agreement

Closed Thread
Old 11-24-2019, 02:59 PM
Default Rental/Lease Agreement

We're closing on a home soon, and plan to rent it when we're not there. We're still working on getting things ready, but the rental contract is bugging me the most.

Would anyone be willing to PM me the rental contract they use?

Thanks! Seriously, thank you, immensely.
Old 11-24-2019, 03:47 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,427 Posts

If you're not going to be here when you rent it out, there is a lot to be said about using one of the management companies. You'll be getting calls about things not working, or the cables out, etc., who will be checking on your home when they leave for damage or dirt, etc. Being here to handle any situation that were to come up is one thing but being out of town is another.
Old 11-24-2019, 05:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by headinghome View Post
We're closing on a home soon, and plan to rent it when we're not there. We're still working on getting things ready, but the rental contract is bugging me the most.

Online agreements for Florida are easy. If you rent long term unfurnished you will have many clients to choose from. Thevillager4 rent is an easy website to advertise on.
Many believe that using a management company is safer bet. Our first home we used a popular management company, and fired them in less than a year, for damage, theft, and mismanagement. You had no control on who they rented to, and other than the money they were making they cared less about our home.

For 3 years after such a bad experience we hired a good home watch, and had an average of 65 couples to pick from. Every year. Most of the time seasonal renter rent year after year.
Old 11-24-2019, 06:24 PM

We used the villager4rent and rented for 5 years to various persons. Turned down a few, also they have a form for download.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Don't forget state sales and county tax
Old 11-25-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Don't forget state sales and county tax
YES, we were paying both. Slept better at night.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:52 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,335 Times in 729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
If you're not going to be here when you rent it out, there is a lot to be said about using one of the management companies. You'll be getting calls about things not working, or the cables out, etc., who will be checking on your home when they leave for damage or dirt, etc. Being here to handle any situation that were to come up is one thing but being out of town is another.
Advise from someone who has not done this is very bad advise.

I am in Afghanistan and when I heard about a problem with cable at my rental last week I had home watch deal with it. The price 50.00 a month not 17% of the gross. So yes, you can rent and not be near by.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:23 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,427 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
Advise from someone who has not done this is very bad advise.

I am in Afghanistan and when I heard about a problem with cable at my rental last week I had home watch deal with it. The price 50.00 a month not 17% of the gross. So yes, you can rent and not be near by.
Who is the "someone" you are referring to that has not done this??? There are also a lot of horror stories about Home Watch companies. There are a lot of options out there and I offered one just as you just offered another, no need to get negative and state that my advice was bad advice, we are all offering the OP advice as we see it.
Old 11-25-2019, 06:16 PM

Why do I sometimes feel that I live in an Air B&B or Timeshare community?
Old 11-25-2019, 06:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,416 Times in 5,107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigben007 View Post
Why do I sometimes feel that I live in an Air B&B or Timeshare community?
Well, you do live in an airbnb community. Currently, there are 818 Villages properties listed for rent on airbnb. But, as far as I know, The Villages doesn't have timeshares available for sale.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:50 PM

We have rented out our home for 6 years as a furnished rental by ourselves with a home watch person who answers questions and solves problems. It depends on what you want out of the property. We hope to retire in a few years and are satisfied with renting January thru March and 1 or 2 other months. It pays a lot of the bills. We have repeat renters. Early on a couple rented for 2 high seasons and then purchased a house in The Villages. Our current high season renters are coming back for a third year. Our April renters have been coming to The Villages for 11 years. The place they rented was sold so they are coming back to us for a third year, also. They have friends who are permanent residents one street over. We only rent by the week to our neighbors for their families. Since we plan to live on this street, we do not want to upset our neighbors and have it be an Airbnb. Our neighbors are very friendly and invite our renters to street events. We report the rent as income and pay sales tax.
Old 11-26-2019, 06:21 AM

I have been renting my home with The Villages for two year now and I would have to say they do a great job overseeing my house and the various people who rent from them. They are well worth the cost to have them manage your property.
Old 11-26-2019, 07:49 AM

Villages Vacation Home Rentals | Realtor In The Villages I Manage 42 Rental properties in The Villages and do not charge a % of the Rent, a Flat Fee and I take care of the whole process. mikeritz53@hotmail.com or 585-739-8933.
Old 11-26-2019, 08:20 AM

I use ezlandlord google it
Old 11-26-2019, 09:27 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by headinghome View Post

The understanding I had was, you couldn't (owners) live in it for any amount of time if you rented it. If you're going to rent it that what you had to do, rent it! Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure that's what they told us 8 yrs. ago.
Closed Thread

Tags
contract, rental, bugging, immensely, ready

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.