Rental prices

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2021, 01:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts
Default If you are getting the services for the rent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblaze View Post
It matters a couple of ways. First of all, burying the tax hides the true price, which makes it difficult to compare value.

But the part that would bother me as a renter is that I would wonder if I was renting from a tax cheat. If the guy cheats on his taxes, is he going to cheat me, too?
Your paying that’s all you have to know.Before Covid I would rent my home in winter and alternate between Miami Beach , Thailand and Hawaii what I do with the rent is not anyone’s business and no one has ever asked
Old 12-08-2021, 08:35 AM

If you currently have a rental available please feel free to contact me. I can also be reached at 407-777-9972 or lovelabels@pm.me. Thank you so much for your time.
Old 12-08-2021, 09:43 AM
Platinum member

Two years ago we rented a 3/2 with a golf course view for $1500 a month. Costs made it a poor moneymaker, except for tax implications(these were good). Do not know what market price is now. TV a lot less desirable in the HOT months.

Villa might be more desirable to rent than regular home. WIth rent prices rising now might be a good time to rent. Suspect that there could be demand from an over 55 local person.
Old 12-08-2021, 12:00 PM

I own a patio villa just north of Fl 44 Even though I am a remote owner I do come down at least once a year to do a through cleaning & maintenance I try to keep it maintained to a as new condition as possible because this is a investment Everyone's cost are different but cost keep going up every year We have a mortgage on the property Different areas of the villages will have different rental prices depending on your location , condition of the property and current trend where people want to stay like being close to a town square. I look at the prices of rentals on airbnb and vbro and how cheap per night some people are renting their villa for. You can't get a hotel room for that cheap and they renting a whole villa for less. I don't want to seem mean or discriminator but I don't want to rent for a low price that will encourage more of the rift raft to rent. I think as landlords we should start to look at rising prices to some extent's because my water electric cable lawn pest and handyman cost amenity fee taxes to some degree are going up not down
Old 12-08-2021, 01:21 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRMACK55 View Post
I rented a 2/2 villa in Fenny for 2 months in may 2019 and made the mistake of it being managed by the villages. It was may charged 1500- included everything. The plumbing burst 4 times because underground pipe exploded from tree roofs. They tried to keep my security but Visa voted in my favor. If you’re bored go for it
We have the opposite problem working as we speak..we rented to someone for 3 mths, cleaning lady goes in and discovers mildew everywhere. Hvac came, he says it's not the air con, but by the type of damage looks like they used our home as a "grow house". Furniture ruined, pictures, carpets. Very hard to prove, we're working on it. So beware folks

Last edited by Spalumbos62; 12-08-2021 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-08-2021, 03:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyLeah View Post
I heard from my realtor that The Villages said "No" to investors on new builds. I guess too many people wanted to rent and this would create a lack of community feeling. You can buy an existing home however. Good luck.
That would be an incorrect statement. Had nothing To do with renting and lack of community feeling. The reason you sign today owner occupied only on a new build. because homes are at extremely low inventory, and selling before they hit the website.
Those who wanted to retire and live here had very little luck in finding a home.
Inventory is still very low, and even pre owned is selling in first few days, sometimes hours of signing contract.

You can however buy a pre owned and use it as a rental
Old 12-08-2021, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalumbos62 View Post
We have the opposite problem working as we speak..we rented to someone for 3 mths, cleaning lady goes in and discovers mildew everywhere. Hvac came, he says it's not the air con, but by the type of damage looks like they used our home as a "grow house". Furniture ruined, pictures, carpets. Very hard to prove, we're working on it. So beware folks

REPORT TO AUTHORITIES ASAP! Do not as the renter place yourself in legal jeopardy for ANY reason.
Old 12-08-2021, 05:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalumbos62 View Post
if you didn’t see a spike in your electric bill it wasn’t being used as a grow house , sorry for your problem though
Closed Thread

Tags
rental, advice, villa, patio, bath

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.