Plantation shutters

Closed Thread
Old 01-20-2020, 01:27 PM
Send a message via AIM to JudyLife
Smile Plantation shutters

I’d like to put plantation shutters in my villa. Not sure whether to go with polymer or wood. Any info or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-20-2020, 01:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Wwwsuperiorcustomshutters.com
Old 02-01-2020, 07:20 AM
Michael Charles

I would love to see an informmative conversation about plantation shutters. Not just your recommendations of who did yours. I've heard there are wooden ones and also plastic ones with aluminum on the inside. I want good quality and thought I could ask those questions here. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-01-2020, 07:35 AM
Sage

plastic, interior
Old 02-01-2020, 06:59 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,232 Times in 419 Posts

I'll be getting aluminium reinforced PVC plantation shutters installed by 'Shutter Professionals" in about a month. I'll give an honest review.
Old 02-02-2020, 12:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Brown plantation shutters I haven't compared wood versus faux, brown might look good in real wood in maybe a den or office. See below. My experience after having two homes with plantation shutters is with faux white or off white. I've used a brand called Norman Int'l Shutters. Because when I used Budget Blinds back in Maryland, the salesman brought samples of both to my home, and there was no comparison. If you've seen white faux shutters versus white painted wood shutters in person, I don't see how anyone would choose painted. If the look weren't enough, just think about the dust that gathers on the faux finished versus wood.

When I put plantation shutters in my villa here, they didn't have a Budget Blinds, I believe a franchise did open here since a couple of years ago. I did want to see them in person first, so I found a location with really good reviews and they have an actual brick & mortar store. It's Blinds for Less in Lady Lake off 441 behind Mom & Dad's Restaurant. There's always Lowes and Home Depot to see in person, but I'm just not sure about the way they contract out their work to vendors. With Blinds 4 Less, it's all in house operation that only does one thing, blinds and shutters.

After visiting their store, we did make an appointment and a salesman came to our home with the samples. He was very knowledgeable and later when they were installed, the installer was an excellent.

They sell several brands, not knowing your lead time, our choice Norman does take about 8 weeks for delivery, but we knew what we were getting. I believe they even have some manufactured locally in Orlando with availability in 3 weeks. Definitely faux (poly) wood in the white is the best look, especially here in Florida.

Welcome to Blinds 4 Less, providing window treatment services throughout Lake, Sumter, Ocala, and Marion County, Florida.

Brown real wood

The Villages Florida

https://www.normanusa.com/

Norman faux wood shutters

The Villages Florida
Closed Thread

Tags
plantation, shutters, wood, info, appreciated

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.