Rentals in the Villages

Closed Thread
Old 07-11-2007, 05:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts
Default Rentals in the Villages

One thing that concerns me about The Villages is the rentals. Specifically, are there any guidelines that steer this market ? What would prevent, for example, some young folks from renting a villa and using it as a jumping off point for spring break, etc ?

We think we like the Villas but the idea of the rental market is a concern.

Thanks
Old 07-11-2007, 08:39 PM
Default Re: Rentals in the Villages

Bucco My wife and I considered and really like the villas, however we were really concerned about the fact that they seem to be purchased merely for rental income. We want to know our neighbors. We ourselves rented a villa. It was nice but the neighborhood seemed shall I say in motion. Did not feel right for us. The villa did, the hood did not.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:41 PM
Gold member

I live in Sullivan Villas which are near Cane Garden Country Club just off of St. Charles Place. There are approx. 65 villas in Sullivan Villas and there are only 2 rentals. One just became a rental when a neighbor from Sullivan Villas purchased it as a investment. Right now about 75% of our villa owners are gone North however we see them popping in for a week or 2 and then the wives tell the guys it is time to head back North to see family. Several times I see the guys come down by themselves or with some buddies to play golf.

As for college students coming for spring break I don't think they would come to this type of place on their own without having a grandparent to stay with. Most people college age people when told about The Villages ask how far is it from the beach! No beach few if any or no spring breakers of college age. Grand kids and their parents at spring break are here to visit us grand parents. You can see them at the family pools and the town squares during spring break. Its great having the kids around then they are gone. They even take their dogs home with them.

I heard a lady at Lake Sumter Landing telling some perspective buyers the negative things that I often see mentioned in Talk Of The Villages. I walked up to her and said I'm interesting in buying another home in The Villages and would like to see here home. She looked at me like I was crazy and said her home wasn't for sale. I said I was sorry I just assumed she was unhappy here. The prospect laughed and she got mad and walked away.

I feel this is a great place to be!!!!!
Old 07-11-2007, 10:10 PM

Only abbreviating neighborhood to hood. Sorry if you got the wrong idea. The Villages is a wonderful place and I plan to buy there in the very very near future
Old 07-12-2007, 06:27 AM

We previously had a villa in the Village of Ashland. I would guesstimate that about 1/8 of the villas were rentals, the others were owner occupied. We didn't find it to be a problem. In fact I found most of the rentors to be great people, over 55, who loved TV. Quite a number were from England. They tended to come in October and May. some of the rent the same place year after year, and they start to feel like permanent neighbors! In summary, we didn't find it to be a problem, in fact we rather enjoy seeing new faces.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.