Renters

Closed Thread
Old 06-18-2011, 04:37 PM
Platinum member

[QUOTE][/Honestly, I hope my future neighborhood (closing in a few days) will be a nice mixture of full-time, part-time and renters. I can see the value in all three kinds of neighbors...establishing long-term relationships....as well as continually meeting new folks (renters) and looking forward to seeing the return of good friends (snowbirds). I’m a newbie, and I don’t really know squat...but that’s my vision of how it will be
.QUOTE]
What a nice, pleasant, mature way of stating this. I plan to rent for a year and I hope I get nice neighbors like you.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
And the problem with renters is? Most are very nice, and anxious to make new friends. And it often happens that renters become purchasers!
Thanks Bare
Old 06-19-2011, 05:54 AM

Hey, neighbor27 was just asking a question and I though the first few answers were pretty tough on this guy. Glad others chimed in!
When I had the opportunity to do a Lifestyles weekend a couple of years ago, I remember meeting a couple at one of the squares, speaking with them, but when I mentioned that I was just there to experience TV, before I bought, I saw her eyes glaze over and the wall came down. She didn't even say good bye when they left.
The answer is YES, people do indeed want to have Permanent residences on both sides and there is nothing wrong with that.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:14 AM
Veteran member

Buy a premier home. The chances of someone renting out a $750,000 house is a lot less than buying a patio villa.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:21 AM
Default another explanation

While everyone might have a different opinion on renters, the truth is that quite a few of us can't live in TV just yet for one reason or another, such as not being able to sell their current home, or not retired yet, or whatever, and yet either found their perfect home and don't want to let it go, or just want to have something to look forward to. So we bought a home, but can't live there yet - now what? We rent - mostly to help pay the bills and a place to come to when we can.
So while there may be a few renters in any given neighborhood, I'm sure that changes on a regular basis. A lot of TV'ers move within TV, getting a bigger house, or smaller house, or on a golf course, etc. You can still be friends with them since no one is more than a quick ride away. I agree with Skybo -
variety is the spice of life.
And you could move in a neighborhood with all full timers and not like any of them!

"To keep the heart unwrinkled, to be hopeful, kindly, cheerful, reverent - that is to triumph over old age."
Old 06-19-2011, 07:43 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Renters

We live in Bonita. There are a few rentals on the block. They rent a couple of months at a time when the owner is away again to pay the bills. We also have a house that isn't rented and left empty. Myself i'd rather have a renter then an empty house. People who rent their homes have contractors to maintain the yard and cleaners to come in after the renters leave, There was a problem with one of the renters who will NOT be renting that persons house again. As far as parties and noise we all have parties, the renters don't rent to kids so no big deal. What IF you got a lousy neighbor who was permanent, I think that would be worse.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:24 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I would highly recommend to everyone considering moving here to rent for a minimum of a month. Even try a couple different Villages. What better way to know more about what and where you might spend the rest of your life. Even the poster who does not want renters is planning to rent first. And you can't do that unless people make their homes available to rent. It is a much different "tenant" that rents in TV. It is not someone looking to party or have lots of people in the home. Does that happen? Sure, but it is a very small percentage. Most are folks looking to see if TV is where they want to live. So having a few rentals in a neighborhood is a plus, not a detriment.

So neighbor27, maybe you should consider a hotel while you wait. After all, do you really want to upset the people you rent next to? If you think about it, the 100's of people there on a LSP every week are in fact renters. Without the availability of rental property, TV would cease to grow at the rate it does.

I am sorry to criticize, but it does really bother me when people don't want others to do "X" and then go do it themselves.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by frannieb View Post
Thanks Bare
Originally Posted by Barefoot
And the problem with renters is? Most are very nice, and anxious to make new friends. And it often happens that renters become purchasers!

I will second that !!
Old 06-19-2011, 03:42 PM
Sage

olgreeneyes, skip0358 and l2ridehd, As a first time renter and TV wannabee, Thank you for your posts.
Old 06-19-2011, 04:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
I see nothing wrong with asking about renters. I do not want to live next to homes that are transient where new people appear each month. At one time we lived in a condo where people were allowed to rent their condo's on a monthly basis and let me tell you it wasn't pretty. Some people on vacation tend to party hardy and with the homes so close to each other it can be a problem. Before we bought our home I checked out the neighbors as well as many other aspects of my new neighborhood. Once you've experienced the "I'm on vacation" mentality you are forever cautious. TV is unique in many ways and I agree that many people who rent each year are wonderful people but I want stability in my neighborhood and that is what I looked for.
In my note above my intention was not to make renters feel unwelcome. My concern was TV becoming a "vacation destination" and living in a neighborhood where homes were investment properties and rented out on a regular basis. Having experienced living with rentals that changed hands on a regular basis we wanted to avoid a repeat situation. When we were looking to buy in TV we rented a designer home for a couple of months for two Summers to get a feel for the lifestyle. The home we rented was lovely but it was a business. The neighbors on either side of that home were not very friendly but did wave Hi. They recognized that we would be here today and gone tomorrow. Sorry if anyone was offended.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:09 PM
Platinum member
Default Renting website?

Is there a website with TV rentals? Connie
Old 07-20-2011, 02:14 PM
Sage

cquick, here's a good web site for rentals:

http://www.thevillages4rent.com/

Bill
Old 07-20-2011, 02:23 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
cquick, here's a good web site for rentals:

http://www.thevillages4rent.com/

Bill
thank you! We are closing here in Hunter's Creek in a few weeks and will need to rent for a little while.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:44 AM
Default Renters Not Liked

I don't think you should let your new neighbors know how much you hate 'Renters" because I am sure they were renters to begin with. We do have some landlords here in TV that do not take take of their property. I am talking all of villages. We have a department that when contacted will tell the owner either fix this problem (mow, trim, paint) now or we will do it for you. The cost I will tell you is NOT cheap when TV hires someone to do it. Another suggestion...... BUY ALL OF THE HOUSES ON YOUR STREET and lighten up. Your at the end of your road so enjoy it.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:01 AM
Veteran member

We rent our place when we are not there. It is not a business, it is our home! And our renters aren't here today and gone tomorrow either. An English couple will be back for their 4th time. They have been renting in our area since it was built, 2 months at a time, and know far more people than I do. Another couple from Maine rent from us because they have friends in the area, again return renters. 4 couples who rented from us bought houses here in TV. Only 1 renter didn't work out so well. He had a run-in with my neighbor so we won't be renting to him again. To my way of thinking this is so much better than an empty house for both us and our neighbors.

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.