Renters

Closed Thread
Old 06-17-2011, 10:12 PM
Default Renters

I'm moving to TV next month when my house finishes escrow. My present neighborhood is totally surrounded by renters. Investors have ruined my neighborhood. So, I chose a house in TV and then decided to rent for a month before buying. Guess what? I've found out that at least two houses on the block I was thinking of buying on were just bot as rentals this month. How do I go about guarantying I won't be living next to renters again?
Old 06-17-2011, 10:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by neighbor27 View Post
I'm moving to TV next month when my house finishes escrow. My present neighborhood is totally surrounded by renters. Investors have ruined my neighborhood. So, I chose a house in TV and then decided to rent for a month before buying. Guess what? I've found out that at least two houses on the block I was thinking of buying on were just bot as rentals this month. How do I go about guarantying I won't be living next to renters again?
And the problem with renters is? Most are very nice, and anxious to make new friends. And it often happens that renters become purchasers!
Old 06-17-2011, 10:37 PM
Default Renters

Quote:
I am having a hard believing you posted this message!
Old 06-17-2011, 10:45 PM

Quote:
You chose to rent for a month, but you do not like renters?
The Villages Florida
"The pot calling the kettle black"
Old 06-18-2011, 06:26 AM
Sage

Tony..........TH..............I know it's one of you................

Bill
Old 06-18-2011, 06:48 AM

Quote:

Understand that maybe you had some bad luck in certain area's with renting. I had rented in TV at two locations. Both times we ended up not wanting to move out due to the great people there. We were only renting for a month but in that time met great people that I would have been happy to be with.

Now I don't know if any were renters or not but am pretty sure that only a couple were renting and the rest were living there. Right of the bat we were invited to the neighborhood party.

I think you could find renters anyplace and I don't see a problem with it. Most are just looking for a place just like you are.

Most people are very good, just make sure you make yourself available...

aj
Old 06-18-2011, 07:40 AM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default on Behalf of Neighor 27

To be honest, I have wondered the same thing. I have nothing against renters but will want to establish long term relationships especially since we would not have family and friends there. I feel with people coming and going that would be harder to do. Please note though we have rented many, many times so I am in favor of renting. I just would not want to be in a neighborhood where most are renters.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:00 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Slow down a minute, folks. The poster doesn't say she is currently living in TV - renters in a normal outside the bubble area are different than the vast majority of TV renters, who are here to vacation, usually long-term, or renting while making a buying decision for retirement. It is not your normal tenant in the outside world.

I think it would be rare to find a "mostly rental" neighborhood anywhere in TV. In my CYV neighborhood I think there are about 4 rentals - used to be 5 when we were renting ours. Another one will be changing over to owner-occupied this next season. Our area is 5 years old, normal size CYV neighborhood (some are larger). There are more snowbird (usually empty in summer) villas than there are rentals, by far, and I would say at least 60% are year-round residents or at least snowflakes, maybe higher.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:31 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl View Post
Slow down a minute, folks. The poster doesn't say she is currently living in TV - renters in a normal outside the bubble area are different than the vast majority of TV renters, who are here to vacation, usually long-term, or renting while making a buying decision for retirement. It is not your normal tenant in the outside world.
I agree. Also, “landlords” are a lot different here in TV than they are outside the villages. In a “normal” neighborhood, the landscaping/mowing/maintenance is usually left up to the occupants...many of which don’t have the inclination to invest any more time or money than is necessary. Property values are usually adversely affected by a high number of rental properties in a neighborhood. Of course, that is not the case here...the landlords take care of the landscaping maintenance and need to keep everything nicely maintained in order to attract renters.

Honestly, I hope my future neighborhood (closing in a few days) will be a nice mixture of full-time, part-time and renters. I can see the value in all three kinds of neighbors...establishing long-term relationships....as well as continually meeting new folks (renters) and looking forward to seeing the return of good friends (snowbirds). I’m a newbie, and I don’t really know squat...but that’s my vision of how it will be.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
I don't know how long you plan on owning a home in TV, but I'm not sure you can "guarantee" that you will never live next door to renters as you cannot control what the owner next door does with their property (whether the owners live in TV full time, or be a snowbird/snowflake or rent their home year round). I bet many renters rent in TV once or even a few times over a period of years and then end up buying...that's my plan since I cannot buy in TV for a few more years.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:08 PM
Sage

I still say it's TH or Tony..................

Bill
Old 06-18-2011, 12:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Tony..........TH..............I know it's one of you................
Not Tony or TalkHost. . But I'm thinking I jumped on the Troll Wagon again!
Old 06-18-2011, 01:40 PM

Quote:
I can understand how Neighbor 27 feels. We have absolutely great neighbors we can depend on either side of us. With renters living next door and most times a month or two at a time, you cannot develop that sense of security for that comfort level where you do when you have long term neighbors. If you need to travel to some extent or whatever the case, with long term neighbors (and friends), you trust that neighbor with your property. You can't have that sense of security with short term renters.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Question

I see nothing wrong with asking about renters. I do not want to live next to homes that are transient where new people appear each month. At one time we lived in a condo where people were allowed to rent their condo's on a monthly basis and let me tell you it wasn't pretty. Some people on vacation tend to party hardy and with the homes so close to each other it can be a problem. Before we bought our home I checked out the neighbors as well as many other aspects of my new neighborhood. Once you've experienced the "I'm on vacation" mentality you are forever cautious. TV is unique in many ways and I agree that many people who rent each year are wonderful people but I want stability in my neighborhood and that is what I looked for.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Veteran member

Is renting considered a bussiness and isn't that aganist the deed restrictions
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.