renting of houses

Closed Thread
Old 10-15-2014, 07:23 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynxville View Post
I would not want to live next to rental property. I am a seasoned landlord and not fond of renters. TV people may be different especially being 55 or older. I know some developments do not allow full time renters and limit how often you can rent your unit out. This makes sense to me and I am surprised TV doesn't regulate this better. Florida eviction laws favor renters, not to mention squatters.
Most renters here are different from your typical renters. They pay too much in rent and deposits to not be mindful of the home, neighbors and property. That, plus the fact most renters are older does seem to make a difference. I've had more than one neighbor tell me they wished various renters would become permanent residents (and many of them have in fact purchased here).

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 10-15-2014, 07:54 AM
Gold member

Most renters do the minimum improvements and minimum maintenance-- yes there are exceptions -- no pride in their property -- just a source of income
Old 10-15-2014, 08:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

I enjoy meeting new people that come for the first time that are renting a home. They are so excited and have found them to be very good with rental properties. They love to join in in the neighborhood when there's parties and potlucks. They are hoping soon to be a homeowner and are just coming to try out. The cost of them being here is not attracting The typical renter. Most come here and fit in just like a resident. I have never had any issues of a rental home next-door to me.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.