60,000 homes planned south of 470

Closed Thread
Old 12-21-2019, 12:35 PM
Default 60,000 homes planned south of 470

In the daily sun today it stated the developer plans to build 60,000 additional homes south of 470 in land that has been purchased. So the 60,000 or so south of 44 in Southern Oaks plus the 60,000 south of 470 means almost doubling the size of The Villages.
Old 12-21-2019, 01:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Build baby build.
Old 12-21-2019, 01:44 PM

Hi, my wife and I are looking to move to TV next spring. Are you aware of any new ground breaking in the near future? I am thinking south Monarch Grove or Fenney? Thanks for your help!
Old 12-21-2019, 01:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina&Bill View Post
Hi, my wife and I are looking to move to TV next spring. Are you aware of any new ground breaking in the near future? I am thinking south Monarch Grove or Fenney? Thanks for your help!
Your question is worded strangely. TV is continuously breaking new ground. Literally.
Old 12-21-2019, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
Your question is worded strangely. TV is continuously breaking new ground. Literally.
New area is DeLuna, many homes in Monarch Grove and Linden still available. Also, still building in Marsh Bend. Depends on your price point. Look on the villages website at all the available homes. Good luck.
Old 12-21-2019, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dond1959 View Post
New area is DeLuna, many homes in Monarch Grove and Linden still available. Also, still building in Marsh Bend. Depends on your price point. Look on the villages website at all the available homes. Good luck.
Thanks for the quick reply. I am constantly using TV app looking at all properties. I just have a feeling we’ll end up in a new home south of 44. We can’t make a move ($$$) until we sell our home here in California. I know what is available now, will not be available in the spring, probably will be the earliest we can buy a new home there. I understand that there is always groundbreaking going on there but any info on the near future that would be available this spring. It’s all about timing, right?

Last edited by Sabrina&Bill; 12-21-2019 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Error in grammer
Old 12-21-2019, 02:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply. I am constantly using TV app looking at all properties. I just have a feeling we’ll end up in a new home south of 44. We can’t make a move ($$$) until we sell our home here in California. I know what is available now, will not be available in the spring, probably will be the earliest we can buy a new home there. I understand that there is always groundbreaking going on there but any info on the near future that would be available this spring. It’s all about timing, right?
Info is available on the Villages app. What info you see is what we see. Reps have very little lead time on building. Sorry like most you have to wait until you get here, unless you want to buy lot and build sight unseen. We have bought two home before the House was completed
Old 12-21-2019, 02:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

Quote:
Village of DeLuna & Chitty-Chatty are being built right NOW. we see them everyday hard @ work, no doubt will be ready by the time you are ready to move, neighbor. Welcome!
Old 12-21-2019, 02:24 PM
Gold member

One major drawback on homes south of 44 are the lack of places to eat, shop, etc. This will take years to work out. Do you have the time to wait for that? If so then go ahead and buy your dream home. If you want infrastructure already in place then consider the many preowned home that are currently for sale for various reasons.
Old 12-21-2019, 02:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Sell your home 1st, then come down & buy with cash money. you will save bigtime, by avoiding mortages & other fees. they moved us in within a week, & till then we stayed @ a rental villa, discounted price.
Old 12-21-2019, 02:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottoguy View Post
One major drawback on homes south of 44 are the lack of places to eat, shop, etc. This will take years to work out. Do you have the time to wait for that? If so then go ahead and buy your dream home. If you want infrastructure already in place then consider the many preowned home that are currently for sale for various reasons.
the way they build around here that plaza will be up in no time. until then i drive a whole 4 miles to get what i need. in no way a deterrent unless you live by golf cart only
Old 12-21-2019, 02:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottoguy View Post
We have a grocery, and plaza 5 minutes by cart, and yet I don’t shop there. We drive 15 minutes to Fresh Market on Tuesday sale day. The rest of my groceries are delivered at my front door.
Old 12-21-2019, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Info is available on the Villages app. What info you see is what we see. Reps have very little lead time on building. Sorry like most you have to wait until you get here, unless you want to buy lot and build sight unseen. We have bought two home before the House was completed
Thank You! I’ll keep using TV app. I was just wondering if anyone would drive buy a new build site and see it before it was announced. I’ve heard that the average Villagers moves three times before finding their dream home. Bill
Old 12-21-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
Village of DeLuna & Chitty-Chatty are being built right NOW. we see them everyday hard @ work, no doubt will be ready by the time you are ready to move, neighbor. Welcome!
Please, can you tell me where are the Villages of Chitty Chatty and DeLuna? I am questing that they are located some place north of Monarch Grove? is there any building east of the Florida Turnpike yet?

PS: We don’t want to be too close to the FL TP.
Old 12-21-2019, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Please, can you tell me where are the Villages of Chitty Chatty and DeLuna? I am questing that they are located some place north of Monarch Grove? is there any building east of the Florida Turnpike yet?

PS: We don’t want to be too close to the FL TP.
DeLuna is north of Marsh Bend and it is close to the turnpike. Chitty Chatty will be east of Morse and just south of 44. Not sure when they will begin building there, infrastructure going in now. Lots of options you can see at the Villages website. There is a map.
Closed Thread

Tags
60, 000, south, homes, southern, oaks

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.