Request to initiate poop detector testing to The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 10-21-2020, 10:25 PM
Default Request to initiate poop detector testing to The Villages

To the inconsiderate dog owners here in The Villages who allow their pets to freely defecate in public and fail to clean-up after their dog, your time has come to an end.

I am sick and tired of stepping out each morning to retrieve my newspaper and that unmistakable squishing sensation underfoot triggers instant resentment. The mess, the stench, the indignity. Some dog owners here are pigs.

I wish the day comes soon when The Villages enacts a rule that requires residents to submit DNA samples of their dogs in order to build a DNA library and this information will be used to track-down unproperly discarded dog waste and fine the dog owners. Dog poop DNA testing is entirely legal in the US and attaching a financial incentive not to improperly discard fecal matter has worked in Europe for years.
Old 10-21-2020, 10:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

Determined to hit all the hot topic buttons are you?

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 10-21-2020, 10:46 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG111 View Post
To the inconsiderate dog owners here in The Villages who allow their pets to freely defecate in public and fail to clean-up after their dog, your time has come to an end.

I am sick and tired of stepping out each morning to retrieve my newspaper and that unmistakable squishing sensation underfoot triggers instant resentment. The mess, the stench, the indignity. Some dog owners here are pigs.

I wish the day comes soon when The Villages enacts a rule that requires residents to submit DNA samples of their dogs in order to build a DNA library and this information will be used to track-down unproperly discarded dog waste and fine the dog owners. Dog poop DNA testing is entirely legal in the US and attaching a financial incentive not to improperly discard fecal matter has worked in Europe for years.
First. Second... Do you honestly think your post will change anything?
Old 10-22-2020, 03:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Our Newspaper is delivered on the driveway. Never a problem. Never missed and threw one on the lawn either.
Old 10-22-2020, 04:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Very nostalgic. It's been months since I've seen a good dog poop thread. What's next?--roundabouts, seat saving , or garden gnomes?
Old 10-22-2020, 05:56 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
First. Second... Do you honestly think your post will change anything?

Look at all of FG3's posts................the poster has issues with everything in TV.

Not sure if it's an old poster with a new sign-on, or just a jealous outsider looking in.....a/k/a post stirrer.

Old 10-22-2020, 06:23 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:

Dear OP,

Because of your deep interest in this topic, I would like to recommend a book I think you might enjoy reading. Perhaps, when you finish it, you will enlighten us by writing a review here on TOTV. I think you can buy this book from Amazon or maybe a library will have it.

Speaking of libraries — about that one you suggest be established — to run said library, what degree would be required? MLS? MLIS? Or maybe a PhD? That’s it! A PhD because everybody knows PhD stands for “Piled Higher and Deeper.”

I have not read the book I am recommending, but I have been hearing about it for many years. The book is titled The Origin of the Feces. The author is Charles Darwin.

You’re welcome,
Marian Boomer
Old 10-22-2020, 06:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Dear OP,

Because of your deep interest in this topic, I would like to recommend a book I think you might enjoy reading. Perhaps, when you finish it, you will enlighten us by writing a review here on TOTV. I think you can buy this book from Amazon or maybe a library will have it.

Speaking of libraries — about that one you suggest be established — to run said library, what degree would be required? MLS? MLIS? Or maybe a PhD? That’s it! A PhD because everybody knows PhD stands for “Piled Higher and Deeper.”

I have not read the book I am recommending, but I have been hearing about it for many years. The book is titled The Origin of the Feces. The author is Charles Darwin.

You’re welcome,
Marian Boomer
Old 10-22-2020, 07:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member

If info on OP is correct he/she is 32 years old. He/she is a troll.
Old 10-22-2020, 07:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Dog poop problem? Guess maybe the least desireable area question has been answered.
Old 10-22-2020, 08:06 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:

You must really have bad hemorrhoids or something. I am sorry.
Old 10-23-2020, 04:56 AM

Dogs should be banned in the Villages. A lot of problems solved.
Old 10-23-2020, 05:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coal Miner View Post
Dogs should be banned in the Villages. A lot of problems solved.
That's right---stir the pot a bit more
Old 10-23-2020, 05:17 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,858 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:

Perhaps you could buy one of those special trash cans for dirty baby diapers and keep it at the front edge of your driveway, along with a toilet paper stand loaded with a roll of Doggie Defecation Bags. I’m serious!
Old 10-23-2020, 05:21 AM

I can think of a lot of miserable people who should be first, then there won’t be any issues...
Closed Thread

Tags
dog, villages, dna, owners, testing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.