Request to initiate poop detector testing to The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 10-23-2020, 05:44 AM

I hope you didn't go out bare foot for the newspaper!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-23-2020, 05:59 AM

i just put it in the road up the street
Old 10-23-2020, 06:30 AM
Default If you pay for it, I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG111 View Post
To the inconsiderate dog owners here in The Villages who allow their pets to freely defecate in public and fail to clean-up after their dog, your time has come to an end.

I am sick and tired of stepping out each morning to retrieve my newspaper and that unmistakable squishing sensation underfoot triggers instant resentment. The mess, the stench, the indignity. Some dog owners here are pigs.

I wish the day comes soon when The Villages enacts a rule that requires residents to submit DNA samples of their dogs in order to build a DNA library and this information will be used to track-down unproperly discarded dog waste and fine the dog owners. Dog poop DNA testing is entirely legal in the US and attaching a financial incentive not to improperly discard fecal matter has worked in Europe for years.
Set up a camera it will be cheaper.
I agree people can be pigs.
Old 10-23-2020, 06:33 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,245 Times in 450 Posts

Quote:
To the inconsiderate dog owners here in The Villages who allow their pets to freely defecate in public and fail to clean-up after their dog, your time has come to an end.

I am sick and tired of stepping out each morning to retrieve my newspaper and that unmistakable squishing sensation underfoot triggers instant resentment. The mess, the stench, the indignity. Some dog owners here are pigs.

I wish the day comes soon when The Villages enacts a rule that requires residents to submit DNA samples of their dogs in order to build a DNA library and this information will be used to track-down unproperly discarded dog waste and fine the dog owners. Dog poop DNA testing is entirely legal in the US and attaching a financial incentive not to improperly discard fecal matter has worked in Europe for years.
Yup we had it and it worked great owner fined $300 if the test comes back to their dog......I miss that for sure
The Villages is pretty big I wonder how you could get all the owners to get the dog on the list
Old 10-23-2020, 06:34 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,245 Times in 450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Very nostalgic. It's been months since I've seen a good dog poop thread. What's next?--roundabouts, seat saving , or garden gnomes?
Trolls
Old 10-23-2020, 06:46 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:

Wait. Let me catch my breath from laughing. Are you serious? Dog poop DNA? Since it works so well in Europe.....guess you have a place to relocate to
Old 10-23-2020, 06:47 AM

[QUOTE=Northwoods;1850718]First. Second... Do you honestly think your post will change anything?[/QU. 💩
Old 10-23-2020, 06:56 AM

Quote:

Good luck with that ~
Old 10-23-2020, 07:30 AM

Wednesday night a guy with a larger dog continue walking after his dog “did his business” right on the sidewalk at the square at LSL. Always watch your step. 😳
Old 10-23-2020, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coal Miner View Post
Dogs should be banned in the Villages. A lot of problems solved.
So should grumpy senior citizens
Old 10-23-2020, 07:37 AM

As a dog owner myself, your concern is legitimate, if a person walks a dog and the dog does #2 , the owner should immediately pick it up, whether it be on their property or on anothers.
It’s not only disgusting to do so, but it’s insane to leave this mess on another person’s property. As far as DNA is concerned, it’s not feasible.
I at one time lived next to a woman who had two medium size dogs and they both would do their business on her lawn and she would NEVER pick it up, the smell; especially when temperatures here were 80 and above, would make you gag. It got so bad that the men she hired over the years refused to cut her lawn, because the feces would be sprayed all over them. Needless to say, I moved.
Old 10-23-2020, 07:37 AM

Quote:

If this happens to you on a regular basis get yourself a Ring doorbell and you’ll be able to find the offender. I own a dog and I don’t even let my dog walk on anyone’s lawn. I also clean up after my dog and know if others in my neighborhood who ha e dogs and do the same. In my unscientific opinion, the problem increases each October. as more residents with more dogs arrive and I can personally attest that many don’t pick up after their pet. Don’t cast everyone in the same light. There are just as many inconsiderate people here who don’t have dogs.
Old 10-23-2020, 07:52 AM

As long as there is humanity there will always be those who refuse to respect others. Most people are conscientious. The oblivious, pretentious, arrogant others we just have to deal with. Hopefully the latter eventually pick up the good habits of the former.
Old 10-23-2020, 08:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:

Get a motion detector sprinkler head, enjoy!
Old 10-23-2020, 09:18 AM

Thanks for your post!! I think the same way and we also have a dog. Does seem like people with small dogs feel like they don't need to pick up because it's "just a little bit". NOPE!! We don't even let our dog walk on other people's lawns much less allow her to do anything on someone else's property'. Especially allowing their dogs to be off-leash (which is also not allowed) and do whatever they want to do while the owner is ahead of them and "doesn't see it". Convenient
Closed Thread

Tags
dog, villages, dna, owners, testing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.