Request to initiate poop detector testing to The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 10-23-2020, 09:21 AM
Veteran member

SSDD........ Same S--- Different Dog
Old 10-23-2020, 09:48 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,063 Times in 532 Posts

Will all the coyotes, Bobcats, raccoons, foxes and possums have to donate their DNA too? Every poop you see may have nothing to do with Villagers' dogs.... but keep stirring.
Old 10-23-2020, 09:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG111 View Post
To the inconsiderate dog owners here in The Villages who allow their pets to freely defecate in public and fail to clean-up after their dog, your time has come to an end.

I am sick and tired of stepping out each morning to retrieve my newspaper and that unmistakable squishing sensation underfoot triggers instant resentment. The mess, the stench, the indignity. Some dog owners here are pigs.

I wish the day comes soon when The Villages enacts a rule that requires residents to submit DNA samples of their dogs in order to build a DNA library and this information will be used to track-down unproperly discarded dog waste and fine the dog owners. Dog poop DNA testing is entirely legal in the US and attaching a financial incentive not to improperly discard fecal matter has worked in Europe for years.

you're stepping in it EVERY morning???

I'd watch my step if I were you....

or switch to reading 'da paper' online
Old 10-23-2020, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamingypsy View Post
Will all the coyotes, Bobcats, raccoons, foxes and possums have to donate their DNA too? Every poop you see may have nothing to do with Villagers' dogs.... but keep stirring.
Possibly, but I don't believe so.
The deposits usually left on my lawn are firm with specs of human food embedded within the circumference which is consistent with fresh high end dog food. If anyone
here can advise, I'll gladly upload a picture and everyone can witness my horrors.
Old 10-23-2020, 10:11 AM

There is an easier way. Get yourself a Ring doorbell. You will soon know who is failing to pick up.
Old 10-23-2020, 10:18 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
To the inconsiderate dog owners here in The Villages who allow their pets to freely defecate in public and fail to clean-up after their dog, your time has come to an end.

I am sick and tired of stepping out each morning to retrieve my newspaper and that unmistakable squishing sensation underfoot triggers instant resentment. The mess, the stench, the indignity. Some dog owners here are pigs.

I wish the day comes soon when The Villages enacts a rule that requires residents to submit DNA samples of their dogs in order to build a DNA library and this information will be used to track-down unproperly discarded dog waste and fine the dog owners. Dog poop DNA testing is entirely legal in the US and attaching a financial incentive not to improperly discard fecal matter has worked in Europe for years.
That’s a great idea BUT with all the people that do have visitors they might have pets. So who pays for the DNA testing. I know what you’re saying there’s more pets here in TV that poop & the owners are to lazy to pick up after there pets. Pet DNA will never fly in TV the program will cost to much. But your idea is a great one!
Old 10-23-2020, 11:43 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 360 Posts

Quote:

Best laugh I've had today

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 10-23-2020, 12:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,369 Times in 2,397 Posts

It will be a cold day in hell when I do a close enough inspection to see the particles making up dog poop left in my yard.
Old 10-23-2020, 12:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

I read the title and thought this was in regard to politicians
Old 10-23-2020, 12:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,009 Times in 1,737 Posts

I live in an all doggie area. The only person who let her dog on my lawn was a person who was renting for 3 months. When I met her at a social I found that she didn’t know she was not allowed to let her dog on other people’s lawns in TV. She always wondered why nobody was friendly towards her.
Old 10-23-2020, 12:47 PM

Good idea , most people making negative comments are most likely
the culprits of not picking up after their dogs because their lazy or feel it’s beneath them . A good $500 fine will fix their laziness.
Old 10-23-2020, 01:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,563 Times in 509 Posts

Quote:

Seriously? Every morning? I highly doubt that.

My paper has been thrown on my driveway 100% of the time the last 6 years, as I’m sure yours is, and if you can’t see dog poop on your driveway, which again is probably not there, you have some serious issues.

If I was you, and you’re 100% sure it’s every day this is occurring, I would suggest you wait up all night to catch who is doing this. But, then again, the dog owner might decide the night you pick to watch for them, he decides to not do their daily routine.
Old 10-23-2020, 02:26 PM
Sage

Ring camera picks up night vision too but high definition camera placed on garage door is better. I usually see out from my kitchen nook and can definitely see who comes by my house. I just love my neighbors who tend to be considerate. Oh, I did shadow walk the lady who regularly let her dog on our lawns, followed her home and observed her regular behavior so I could understand her situation. She was a healthy renter who was unaware of our practices.
Old 10-23-2020, 08:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Ring camera picks up night vision too but high definition camera placed on garage door is better. I usually see out from my kitchen nook and can definitely see who comes by my house. I just love my neighbors who tend to be considerate. Oh, I did shadow walk the lady who regularly let her dog on our lawns, followed her home and observed her regular behavior so I could understand her situation. She was a healthy renter who was unaware of our practices.
That's actually kind of creepy behavior on your part. That is literally stalking. That's what stalking means.
Old 10-23-2020, 09:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
That's actually kind of creepy behavior on your part. That is literally stalking. That's what stalking means.
Well, her path is also my daily walk. But I was curious why did she do that? Some people have mental problems, some have physical etc. I wanted to know what was going on as to how to approach her best.

“Is stalking illegal in the US?
In 2018 the PAWS Act became law in the United States, and it expanded the definition of stalking to include "conduct that causes a person to experience a reasonable fear of death or serious bodily injury to his or her pet”. Stalking is a controversial crime because a conviction does not require any physical harm.” Google

Last edited by Velvet; 10-23-2020 at 09:21 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
dog, villages, dna, owners, testing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.