Request to initiate poop detector testing to The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 10-24-2020, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Determined to hit all the hot topic buttons are you?
Old 10-24-2020, 08:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,910 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG111 View Post
To the inconsiderate dog owners here in The Villages who allow their pets to freely defecate in public and fail to clean-up after their dog, your time has come to an end.

I am sick and tired of stepping out each morning to retrieve my newspaper and that unmistakable squishing sensation underfoot triggers instant resentment. The mess, the stench, the indignity. Some dog owners here are pigs.

I wish the day comes soon when The Villages enacts a rule that requires residents to submit DNA samples of their dogs in order to build a DNA library and this information will be used to track-down unproperly discarded dog waste and fine the dog owners. Dog poop DNA testing is entirely legal in the US and attaching a financial incentive not to improperly discard fecal matter has worked in Europe for years.
What a brilliant idea!!!!.
We have thousands of rape kits that are going untested, but you want to test dog poop. Priorities??????

"AN EPIDEMIC OF DISBELIEF
Across the country, as many as 200,000 rape kits sit unopened in police storage while assailants—the people whose genetic fingerprints are decisively coded within such kits—are able to dodge prosecution and, in some cases, strike again. Our latest magazine cover story is an investigation by Barbara Bradley Hagerty into the national backlog of untested rape kits—and its frightening consequences. Amid an ongoing national conversation about serial sexual abusers and how to deal with them, it’s an in-depth look at some of the ways the system fails to catch repeat offenders. Read the full story here.

When kits go untested, sexual predators can flourish. In one Detroit case, an assailant struck 11 times over 11 years, all while his DNA sat with police. And it took a serial killer, one who had been previously convicted of rape, for Cleveland’s police department to begin testing its backlog. (Officers even tested the kit of a victim who managed to escape, but not for DNA evidence: Instead, they checked for drugs in her system.)"
Taken from The Atlantic
Old 10-24-2020, 09:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
Best laugh I've had today
Yes, you said it & I was thinking that too but as sure as I’m commenting someone with a dog would of reamed my butt out. But it was a good laugh! Why does TOTV put stuff out here like this for us to comment on. Now that I’m thinking about it, he’ll I’m commenting, LOL.
Old 10-24-2020, 09:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Holly crap 💩, this thread still going!
Old 10-24-2020, 11:29 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

Is anybody else starting to feel like a lab rat for responding to these inane thread-starts?

I have been thinking the OP is bored and playing TOTVers. Or are we the ones who are bored?

Enough?

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 10-24-2020 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Needed editing
Old 10-24-2020, 03:07 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,310 Times in 381 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
That's right---stir the pot a bit more
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
What a brilliant idea!!!!.
We have thousands of rape kits that are going untested, but you want to test dog poop. Priorities??????

"AN EPIDEMIC OF DISBELIEF
Across the country, as many as 200,000 rape kits sit unopened in police storage while assailants—the people whose genetic fingerprints are decisively coded within such kits—are able to dodge prosecution and, in some cases, strike again. Our latest magazine cover story is an investigation by Barbara Bradley Hagerty into the national backlog of untested rape kits—and its frightening consequences. Amid an ongoing national conversation about serial sexual abusers and how to deal with them, it’s an in-depth look at some of the ways the system fails to catch repeat offenders. Read the full story here.

When kits go untested, sexual predators can flourish. In one Detroit case, an assailant struck 11 times over 11 years, all while his DNA sat with police. And it took a serial killer, one who had been previously convicted of rape, for Cleveland’s police department to begin testing its backlog. (Officers even tested the kit of a victim who managed to escape, but not for DNA evidence: Instead, they checked for drugs in her system.)"
Taken from The Atlantic
Lol...and you answered the OP with this post....big fish got hooked
Old 10-24-2020, 06:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Lol...and you answered the OP with this post....big fish got hooked
My money's on Doc. He is so much smarter than those who taunt him.
Old 10-24-2020, 06:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,910 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
My money's on Doc. He is so much smarter than those who taunt him.
Not a problem------in a battle of wits, these people are unarmed
Closed Thread

Tags
dog, villages, dna, owners, testing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.