A Request to the Morse Family

Closed Thread
Old 03-29-2015, 10:48 AM
Veteran member
Default A Request to the Morse Family

Morse family always does a great job. Have read the story on the Sharon Morse Performing Arts Center in today's Daily Sun. Went to hear Shanana yesterday and Osmond Brothers tonight. Am sure acoustic will be much better at the new center. Better than Carnegie Hall? Anyway, I have a request for the Morse family. We just returned from a trip to Europe. Not in The Villages since Morse family wants us to live forever. However, possibly 10 to 25 miles outside of The Village proper, could you build a beautiful cemetery? For one, I know you can buy plots of land cheap. You are experienced. I am thinking of a beautiful golf course like setting with ponds, lakes and all. It would be like a park like setting. You are experienced in all those areas too. I have seen beautiful cemeteries in Europe. Perhaps like an American cemetery in Normandie with a small chapel like there? When I visited there, it was like treading on a sacred ground. It was so serene. We come from all over the U.S. and overseas to The Villages. Many are too far to be buried in a family plot. Could you think about it? Thanks.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

I doubt if the Morse family wants to get into that business!
Old 03-29-2015, 12:52 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,572 Times in 1,748 Posts

Andrew Blechman wrote in "Leisureville" that most Villagers never really consider The Villages 'home' and want to be buried where they grew up and/or spent most of their lives. They may also not want to be reminded of their mortality at this stage of their lives.

Andy also noted the hospital did not have a maternity ward.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 03-29-2015, 01:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Andrew Blechman wrote in "Leisureville" that most Villagers never really consider The Villages 'home' and want to be buried where they grew up and/or spent most of their lives. They may also not want to be reminded of their mortality at this stage of their lives.

I always tell people "the only way I'm leaving is pregnant or dead".
Old 03-29-2015, 02:20 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts

I think Bogie is right. However, if there is a demand and money to be made----somebody will likely build it. Cremation has become more and more popular making "regular" cemeteries less likely in the future.
Old 03-29-2015, 06:06 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via Yahoo to MelZ

Quote:

When did "Andy" become the spokesman for Villages Residents?
Old 03-29-2015, 07:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Andy who?
He had his 15 minutes............
Old 03-29-2015, 07:23 PM
Location: East Alton, IL (near St. Louis, Mo), Duval, St. James and hopefully lastly Collier

When we came down here for the first time in 2007, we took a trolley tour. As the lady was talking and giving us our tour, she asked if anyone had noticed there were no cemeteries in The Villages. We all answered that indeed we had not seen any so where were they. Her response at the time was....there is no need for cemeteries here because everyone chooses the 'pack and ship' program.. It took me a minute to figure out what she was talking about but once I did it made a lot of sense and I chuckle every time I think of it!
Old 03-29-2015, 07:34 PM
Gold member

As I am a Veteran, my wife and I will be interned at the National Cemetery near Bushnell. You all should take a ride down there and drive through. VERY impressive.

Xavier
Old 03-29-2015, 07:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member

There actually is a cemetery in the Villages,,,its off of Stillwater directly across from the postal station.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:39 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,572 Times in 1,748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline View Post
There actually is a cemetery in the Villages,,,its off of Stillwater directly across from the postal station.
Is this it? Find A Grave: Cherry Lake Cemetery

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 03-29-2015, 11:11 PM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii

Some memorial parks are indeed beautiful. One of the prettiest I have ever seen even has tourists visit is in my husbands home of Ohau. Valley of the Temples in Kaneohe. It has waterfalls and gardens and the temple buildings. Even though most in Hawaii are cremated our families ashes are in urns buried or ashes sprinkled on a family plot with a small plaque for each person or couple,
Old 03-30-2015, 06:59 AM
Platinum member

New Covenant Methodist, Hope Lutheran and St George's Episcopal churches all have beautiful Columbariums.
Tampa, FL
Old 03-30-2015, 07:24 AM
Gold member

Quote:
I think the cemetery your posting, is private? I could be wrong.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:18 AM
Soaring Eagle member

NO you cannot access the cemetery I am speaking about from Cherry Lake Road. This cemetery is in the Village of Caroline, off Stillwater, where the postal station is located. If you park opposite the postal station head towards the wooded area. There is a gate off of Brunson Way. It is not easy to see but there.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.