Resident passes

Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2019, 03:22 PM
Default Resident passes

I am rather new to the Villages, but am coming with 2 other lady friends in a rental property for the month of Jan. We are learning that there are only 2 resident passes connected with a property. I am asking what can I do to get a 3rd? We all are active and want to participate in many activities, but are told that one of us will have a guest pass which is very limited, especially during busy season.. Can we pay for someone to relinquish a resident pass and of course we would pay for the transfer. Help us. We are concerned. Judy Lorigan, Pittsburgh, Pa.
Old 09-22-2019, 04:06 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,333 Times in 1,444 Posts

If you rent for a month you will get 2 resident passes, as a resident you can go down and get a guest pass for the other person, same privileges and that is not taking advantage of the system, that is how the system works. What do owners do that have their adult children living with them?
Old 09-22-2019, 04:41 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
If you rent for a month you will get 2 resident passes, as a resident you can go down and get a guest pass for the other person, same privileges and that is not taking advantage of the system, that is how the system works. What do owners do that have their adult children living with them?
Resident with adults over 19 can have a special resident pass, or if they on the deed you can have up to 4 resident passes
Old 09-22-2019, 04:50 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY
Default not same privileges

Quote:
Guests can do many things, but they cannot participate, for example, in organized water aerobics and other activities
Old 09-22-2019, 05:29 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,333 Times in 1,444 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by valuemkt View Post
Guests can do many things, but they cannot participate, for example, in organized water aerobics and other activities
Forgot about that, they do not have access to the sports pools being here for only a month they will have plenty to do and if they want to use pools there are plenty of neighborhood adult pools as well as the family pools.
Old 09-22-2019, 05:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlorigan View Post
I am rather new to the Villages, but am coming with 2 other lady friends in a rental property for the month of Jan. We are learning that there are only 2 resident passes connected with a property. I am asking what can I do to get a 3rd? We all are active and want to participate in many activities, but are told that one of us will have a guest pass which is very limited, especially during busy season.. Can we pay for someone to relinquish a resident pass and of course we would pay for the transfer. Help us. We are concerned. Judy Lorigan, Pittsburgh, Pa.
The monthly amenity fee you pay is based on 2-adult occupancy. That is why you can't just say "hey there's 3 of us, give me another pass."

Exceptions can be made but they are exceptions. The limitations for guest passes aren't "very" limited. Guests can still participate in most activities.
Old 09-22-2019, 08:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
The monthly amenity fee you pay is based on 2-adult occupancy. That is why you can't just say "hey there's 3 of us, give me another pass."

Exceptions can be made but they are exceptions. The limitations for guest passes aren't "very" limited. Guests can still participate in most activities.
They are renters...they don’t pay an amenity fee.
Old 09-22-2019, 08:11 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
They are renters...they don’t pay an amenity fee.
They do indirectly. The landlord pays the amenity fee on that property with the rent they receive from the renters.
Old 09-22-2019, 08:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
You can call the Rec. Dept. they will help you get the passes.
Recreation Administration
984 Old Mill Run
The Villages, FL 32162

Phone: 352-674-1800
Fax: 352-674-1805
Email Recreation

Also you can see a lot of info about passes and other info at this site.
Village Community Development Districts
Old 09-23-2019, 03:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Our daughter who lives with us is on the deed so she is a homeowner. Plus, next September she will be 55. I have no idea how we have such old children. We are indeed blessed to have our Helene.
Old 09-23-2019, 04:01 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

Every child should be considered an accepted modification to the norm, but anyone living with a resident that commits a crime should immediately be removed from The Villages.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:39 AM

I was there last year with a guest pass, and was asked to leave an exercise class and a bridge group because I didn't have a resident pass. You may be right when it's not crowded, but when it is full you will be asked to leave. Very embarrassing. Trying to avoid this with three people this year. We were also not allowed in several swimming pools
Old 09-23-2019, 07:00 AM

To get a resident pass you have to pay $50 (or your landlord) and there are 2 per rental unit. As for the pool everyone is allowed in all pools except for priority pools that are located at some country clubs. If anyone wants to use a priority pool they have to pay for the priority membership. You weren't excluded because you didn't have the right pass. It was because you didn't have a priority membership.

Quote:
I was there last year with a guest pass, and was asked to leave an exercise class and a bridge group because I didn't have a resident pass. You may be right when it's not crowded, but when it is full you will be asked to leave. Very embarrassing. Trying to avoid this with three people this year. We were also not allowed in several swimming pools
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 09-23-2019, 07:27 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post
Every child should be considered an accepted modification to the norm, but anyone living with a resident that commits a crime should immediately be removed from The Villages.
Removing people from their houses is not something we do in America. It's one of the freedoms that we have because so many have sacrificed so much to protect it.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theorem painter View Post
To get a resident pass you have to pay $50 (or your landlord) and there are 2 per rental unit. As for the pool everyone is allowed in all pools except for priority pools that are located at some country clubs. If anyone wants to use a priority pool they have to pay for the priority membership. You weren't excluded because you didn't have the right pass. It was because you didn't have a priority membership.
I believe that the sports pools in the Regional Rec Centers are residents only, no guests.
Closed Thread

Tags
resident, passes, pay, pass, property

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.