Resident Report - New Publication

Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2022, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Is that the going rate to bribe someone in the Florida legislature or did the developer get a discount since Hage already worked for him?

Asking for a friend
I have a feeling your friend's water bill is going to spike.
Old 12-02-2022, 05:16 PM

Only if he really has one......
Old 12-06-2022, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlee500 View Post
I am starting to get a new, online publication named, Resident Report. Perhaps. I inadvertently signed up for it. Just wondering who is publisher and owner? Is it independent? Seems to have interesting information but clearly to a particular point of view...
Since this post was brought to my attention by a subscriber, I thought I would respond. The publisher and editor of the Resident Report’s name is Thomas Mule’. He is a veteran, former political consultant, and resident of Wildwood.
Yes, the Resident Report is independent. It is owned by a group of Louisiana businessmen who saw an opportunity to 1) Fill a void in the news media market in The Villages, and 2) Make money by having businesses who share the same vision advertise with the site. Speaking of advertising, and to further prove the fact that the Resident Report is not “owned by the Developer), we are personally the ones soliciting ads. If we really were “in the pocket of the Developer” this would not be an issue for us, since we would have received plenty of ad revenue from “the Developer’s businesses.”
To simultaneously address two miscomprehensions about the website, yes the editor is located in Wildwood, and has been on the waiting list for the Lofts at Brownwood since March of 2022. And yes, motto was misspelled on the FB page, but has since been corrected. The editor wears many hats and is busy chasing down stories so one misspelling should be forgiven.
As for the opinion pieces and the claim that they are “one-sided”, we pride ourselves on keeping news stories and opinion pieces separate, unlike the **************. If you don’t like the “side” our opinion pieces demonstrate, too bad. At the end of the day they are what they are- opinion pieces.
The owner of the site is Gibson Media Group, LLC. They do not wish to “collect data” or run a “scam”. They only want to provide independent news for The Villages and the surrounding area, and to make money on ad revenue. The question of “who is bankrolling” the site is absolutely no one’s business, but we can guarantee it is no one affiliated with the Developer.
Yes, any “anti-conservative” editorials are kept up on the site, and we welcome and will publish any editorial we receive (just ask Scott Fenstermaker), as long as it doesn’t contain bad language or graphic material, unlike the **************, who will publish horrible words in the hopes of producing clickbait.
I hope this clears up all the points made by the original poster. If you have more questions, email us at info@residentreport.com.
Closed Thread

Tags
resident, report, publication, point, information

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.