Resident Report - New Publication

Closed Thread
Old 12-01-2022, 09:20 AM
Talking Resident Report - New Publication

I am starting to get a new, online publication named, Resident Report. Perhaps. I inadvertently signed up for it. Just wondering who is publisher and owner? Is it independent? Seems to have interesting information but clearly to a particular point of view...
Old 12-01-2022, 09:40 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,961 Times in 752 Posts

According to a search their address is 7011 Homestead Loop
Wildwood, FL 34785
Old 12-01-2022, 09:55 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

A quick search reveals that the address of the 'publisher' is an apartment complex in Wildwood []Access to this page has been denied. - making one wonder about "We are a resident-centered, fact-based news website exclusively serving The Villages.
Our moto is "For Residents, By Residents", and our goal is to inform Villagers. We do not take sides, produce salacious clickbait, or circulate gossip." on its FB page.

No big deal - whoever wrote the FB blurb doesn't know how to spell motto or how to proofread for errors!

Old 12-01-2022, 10:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Opinion pieces seem to be taking sides. More clickbait coming……….
Old 12-01-2022, 03:40 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,337 Times in 1,445 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefelane66 View Post
According to a search their address is 7011 Homestead Loop
Wildwood, FL 34785
Not allowed to run a business in a Village residence so most likely in a commercial area but may well live in TV. They are not ashamed to post the address on their site.
Old 12-02-2022, 07:59 AM

Unfortunately, I stay away from any site that does not identify its ownership. There are just too many scams out there. I did go to this site a couple of weeks ago to check it out but probably will not return as could not find anything that would lead me to believe that they really part the The Villages community. Could be just a front to collect data.
Old 12-02-2022, 09:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
A quick search reveals that the address of the 'publisher' is an apartment complex in Wildwood []Access to this page has been denied. - making one wonder about "We are a resident-centered, fact-based news website exclusively serving The Villages.
Our moto is "For Residents, By Residents", and our goal is to inform Villagers. We do not take sides, produce salacious clickbait, or circulate gossip." on its FB page.

No big deal - whoever wrote the FB blurb doesn't know how to spell motto or how to proofread for errors!
sounds a lot like Fox News , you know Fair and Balanced
Old 12-02-2022, 10:36 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
sounds a lot like Fox News , you know Fair and Balanced
Don't you start, Don Lemon. Funny how the anti-conservative post is still up and thread still open, but if I ragged on cnn, it would be deleted / locked and I'd be sent on holiday faster than I can blink.
Chino 1960's to 1976, Torrance, CA 1976-1983, 87-91, 94-98 / Frederick Co., MD 1983-1987/ Valencia, CA 1991-1994/ Brea, CA 1998-2002/ Dana Point, CA 2002-2019/ Knoxville, TN 2019-Current/ FL 2022-Current
Old 12-02-2022, 10:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
Don't you start, Don Lemon. Funny how the anti-conservative post is still up and thread still open, but if I ragged on cnn, it would be deleted / locked and I'd be sent on holiday faster than I can blink.
I absolutely don’t understand what your talking about
Old 12-02-2022, 01:50 PM

The site has been in existence for almost a year. It has consistently echoed the Developer's line on every issue.

Out of curiosity, last July, I asked its administrator (Thomas Mule) about ownership of the site. He told me the following: The site is owned by a group of businessmen from Covington, Louisiana, who after market research, decided this would be a good area for an on-line news site. The group hired Mule to move to Wildwood and set up and administer the site. He has no connection to the Villages Developer and didn't know who Gary Lester (who happens to be from Louisiana) is. At that time, the site was generating no revenue, but he planned to start soliciting advertisers after making certain arrangements with Google.

So, that is the official story. However, the site apparently still has been unable to obtain any advertising. It consistently spouts the Developer's line and launches personal attacks (with juvenile name calling) on anyone criticizing the Developer's actions or candidates for office. Since the site generates no revenue, it is being subsidized by someone. I cannot imagine who that might be.

It will be interesting to see if the site remains in existence now that the 2022 election season is over.
Old 12-02-2022, 02:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFenstermaker View Post
The site has been in existence for almost a year. It has consistently echoed the Developer's line on every issue.

Out of curiosity, last July, I asked its administrator (Thomas Mule) about ownership of the site. He told me the following: The site is owned by a group of businessmen from Covington, Louisiana, who after market research, decided this would be a good area for an on-line news site. The group hired Mule to move to Wildwood and set up and administer the site. He has no connection to the Villages Developer and didn't know who Gary Lester (who happens to be from Louisiana) is. At that time, the site was generating no revenue, but he planned to start soliciting advertisers after making certain arrangements with Google.

So, that is the official story. However, the site apparently still has been unable to obtain any advertising. It consistently spouts the Developer's line and launches personal attacks (with juvenile name calling) on anyone criticizing the Developer's actions or candidates for office. Since the site generates no revenue, it is being subsidized by someone. I cannot imagine who that might be.

It will be interesting to see if the site remains in existence now that the 2022 election season is over.
I amone of a legion who like what the Developer does.
Old 12-02-2022, 02:33 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,961 Times in 752 Posts

So we have heard
Old 12-02-2022, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Including his paying Brett Hage almost a million dollars after Hage sponsored legislation tailored to protect the Developer's sweetheart impact fee???
Old 12-02-2022, 03:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Hi Gracie, glad to know you are still with us……
Old 12-02-2022, 04:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFenstermaker View Post
Including his paying Brett Hage almost a million dollars after Hage sponsored legislation tailored to protect the Developer's sweetheart impact fee???
Is that the going rate to bribe someone in the Florida legislature or did the developer get a discount since Hage already worked for him?

Asking for a friend
Closed Thread

Tags
resident, report, publication, point, information

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.