Residents Parking on Street

Closed Thread
Old 03-09-2011, 01:12 PM

not too sure WHAT the rules are but.........when a pickup truck parks on the street, there isn't much room for my little car to pass by it on the narrow streets inthe neighborhoods, so maybe if they get clipped a couple times, maybe they'll park where they belong!

Is it 5 o'clock yet?????
Old 03-09-2011, 01:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie56 View Post
not too sure WHAT the rules are but.........when a pickup truck parks on the street, there isn't much room for my little car to pass by it on the narrow streets inthe neighborhoods, so maybe if they get clipped a couple times, maybe they'll park where they belong!
Call Community Watch. If there isn't enough street space to pass "the fire engine test", the truck's owner will have to move it.

Bill
Old 03-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Founder

In the 30 or so years that I was associated with fire fighting, I can't recall ever being called to bring a fire truck to a parking situation to see if it fits through.

There were a couple of times that, while on fire calls, we made our own path through cars that were blocking our way.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
In the 30 or so years that I was associated with fire fighting, I can't recall ever being called to bring a fire truck to a parking situation to see if it fits through. ......
That wasn't in TV though, was it?

Bill
Old 03-09-2011, 03:07 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
In the 30 or so years that I was associated with fire fighting, I can't recall ever being called to bring a fire truck to a parking situation to see if it fits through.

There were a couple of times that, while on fire calls, we made our own path through cars that were blocking our way.
I was a fireman in New York State for only 4.5 years, many-many years ago, but I do remember being taught in either "The Essentials of Firemanship" or "Pump Operator" training I received that if any vehicles are blocking your access to providing emergency services (i.e. like getting at a blocked fire hydrant) that you should plow the obstructing vehicle out of your way! I don't know if it was legal to do so or not, but either way I wouldn't want it on my conscience if when I was driving the fire truck I refused to move a blocking vehicle and someone died or was seriously injured as a possible result of it!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 03-09-2011, 03:32 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
I was a fireman in New York State for only 4.5 years, many-many years ago, but I do remember being taught in either "The Essentials of Firemanship" or "Pump Operator" training I received that if any vehicles are blocking your access to providing emergency services (i.e. like getting at a blocked fire hydrant) that you should plow the obstructing vehicle out of your way! I don't know if it was legal to do so or not, but either way I wouldn't want it on my conscience if when I was driving the fire truck I refused to move a blocking vehicle and someone died or was seriously injured as a possible result of it!
Did you plow trains out of your way as well? I doubt it.
JJ
Old 03-09-2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
hi bluedog103,
your quote on the parking issue:
"The administration gave up because the streets are publicly owned. They have no authority to regulate parking, except in the villa neighborhoods."
--------------
I'm talking specifically villa neighborhoods since that's what I contacted the CDD guy about, there is no enforcement there - no violation in their view regardless of how the rule reads, just to clarify
Why would it be any different for the Villas? Are they not also public streets? Regardless of what deed restrictions state, they do not have force of law on public property. There are always cars parked on the street in my Villa.

Personally I would prefer it if all homes were the same color, size and model. Makes for nice ambiance.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:43 PM
Sage

Vinny - See post #42

Bill
Old 03-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post

When the fire alarm sounds, the fire chief is the supreme commander of law enforcement regarding anything that has to do with the fire. If he said, "move it," We said "aye aye sir."
Old 03-09-2011, 03:55 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJoe View Post
Did you plow trains out of your way as well? I doubt it.
The Villages Florida
Two answers:
1) We had no amusement parks with choo-choo trains in our district, so we never had to find out!
2) You can't stop a Trane!

The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 03-09-2011, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Vinny - See post #42

Bill
Love to be proved right. I have a great situation in that I am in a corner villa on a short dead end street. I can fit 3 or 4 cars along my wall on that street without blocking anyone.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Call Community Watch. If there isn't enough street space to pass "the fire engine test", the truck's owner will have to move it.

Bill
Thanks for response Bill, I'll keep it in mind the next time!

Is it 5 o'clock yet?????
Old 03-10-2011, 01:50 PM

I asked a Sumter County deputy if it is illegal to park on the street here in TV. He said yes .... and cited the statute. He said that routinely they do not do so but 'if a neighbor ... or another party .. complains they may be forced to do so or may chose to do so.'
Old 03-10-2011, 02:42 PM
Gold member
Default Parking

You can park your car on the street.They will not give you a ticket. Been parking my car on the street for over two and a half years. do not understand the problem with this. It is a street,where cars drive.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:43 PM
Veteran member
Default What statute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge538 View Post
I asked a Sumter County deputy if it is illegal to park on the street here in TV. He said yes .... and cited the statute. He said that routinely they do not do so but 'if a neighbor ... or another party .. complains they may be forced to do so or may chose to do so.'
I would love to read this "statute" because I do not believe it exists. There is no way sumter county has a law that says you cannot park on a public street. Please give us the statute he cited. Thanks.
JJ
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.