Residents Parking on Street

Closed Thread
Old 03-11-2011, 08:37 AM
Gold member
Default parking

Parking on the street is Dumb?That is what streets are for. Do not think it takes anything away from the village image. This way I will aways have new driveway cement. This way I am not driving over my new painted driveway. Still cannot figure out why someone would paint the driveway,Or I am not parking a 1000 degree car in my house. Talk about accident ready to happen. As far as cart drivers,joggers,walkers,no one said life would be easy.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob45 View Post
Skip,
Just curious, How wide is the typical fire truck? My motor home is, I think 8 1/2 ft wide. That doesn't leave much room for other vehicles to go around on the narrow streets here.
Thanks,
Bob
Pierce ladder truck was 9 1/2' wide mirror to mirror and 39' long. Next time my neighbor parks maybe we need T51 to come by. I think it'll be on my neighbor lawn to pass. If our Deed Restrictions aren't enforceable why the heck have them.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

This kinda sounds like a tempest in a teapot. I have looked up and down my street since this thread started days ago and not ONE person has parked there...except for the yard crews and they are in and out.

If this is a real problem, me and the girls could come over and help.

We are scary. I am trying to get Pooh to join us, but she is not much for beating up people.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:12 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Gracie, should we start a wet noodle brigade? We could carry our strainer of noodles and just beat up every car we see parked on the street. That should make it move!

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Gracie, should we start a wet noodle brigade? We could carry our strainer of noodles and just beat up every car we see parked on the street. That should make it move!
Redwitch. shhhhh. You NEVER, never divulge just HOW you are gonna harm someone.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:56 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
This kinda sounds like a tempest in a teapot. I have looked up and down my street since this thread started days ago and not ONE person has parked there...except for the yard crews and they are in and out.

If this is a real problem, me and the girls could come over and help.

We are scary. I am trying to get Pooh to join us, but she is not much for beating up people.
I haven't heard that analogy used in a while, but it sure is appropriate.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:05 AM

The patio villas garage doors being open is what is stopping me from thinking about buying one. We stayed in a turnkey beautiful one but when looking out the garage doors of others were open and not a pleasing view. Not all week but a couple of the days. Otherwise a very lovely neighborhood.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:11 AM
Veteran member
Default Just wonderful

I think it is just wonderful that all of you have the time to research all of these regulations in the county laws and in the deed restrictions - and still have time to enjoy all the great things in The Villages.

Personally, I would rather play golf than do all that researching over these non-issues that really do not hurt anyone - but each to their own.

I have a double garage and a golf car garage so it is no problem for me. As far as I know, all houses in The Villages have a driveway and a garage. Why not just park there?
Old 03-11-2011, 10:17 AM
Veteran member

Gee...I hate to admit it, but we keep our garage door open at all times...from morning till night...to allow a beautiful breeze cool our garage and home.

And if I see a bunch of cars parked on the street, I think that someone is having a party and I'm glad for them...party on, people!

I also hate to admit that I was one of those who parked on the street for over a year when I had my clunker that leaked oil and I couldn't afford to have it fixed. Now, I have a new clunker that does not leak oil so I keep it in our driveway.

Go ahead...throw tomatoes

PS I never got a warning, a telephone call or a ticket!

Last edited by ceejay; 03-11-2011 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Added a PS
Old 03-11-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
Parking on the street is Dumb?That is what streets are for. Do not think it takes anything away from the village image. This way I will aways have new driveway cement. This way I am not driving over my new painted driveway. Still cannot figure out why someone would paint the driveway,Or I am not parking a 1000 degree car in my house. Talk about accident ready to happen. As far as cart drivers,joggers,walkers,no one said life would be easy.
My bad, thought streets were for driving cars and garages were for parking cars. I stand corrected. Gotta go play golf but before I do I will park my 1,000 degree car on the street. Thanks for the info.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:06 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Woe is me. stuck up here in Md with nasty weather and too much time to read TOTV rather than playing golf like Gracie and friends.

My previous posts with citataions from the Sumter County code were meant to respond to several confused posters who did seem to have some issues with inconsiderate neighbors and their parking actions. See previous post by someone parking their "oil leaking, clunker" in the street for an extended time and bragging to us all.

Fortunately , snowbirds that we are with a CYV in Jacaranda Island, we have had no issues with on strret parking by our generally most considerate neighbors.

Boy, I want to play some golf.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:17 AM
Veteran member
Default Parking concerns

Nine pages of this stuff. Now I know why I don't retire.
I can hardly wait to see a thread on the "Troll Patrols" in the new areas.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default What else

It was chilly this AM what else were we to do?
Old 03-11-2011, 11:39 AM

This is the kind of stuff that really bugs me. Who cares enjoy life and quite worrying about what everyone else does or doesn't do to your liking. The one thing I want to avoid above ALL else is to be surrounded by alot of busy bodies with nothing better to do than stick there nose in my business. It's the same with fences let people alone it doesn't affect you get a life. You have a chance to live in the best place in the world and a few of you worry warts spend your time bothering people and conplaining about ( dogs, kids, cars, golfcarts, fences, noise, crowds, grass, etc) I could have gone on. You few folks not only make yourself miserable but other people to, sorry I just had to vent again, it's good for my blood presure. Love ya'll
Old 03-12-2011, 08:40 AM
Veteran member

It's hard to imagine the criticism directed at those who enjoy participating in threads like this. As you age, you not only need physical exercise but cerebral exercise. Researching and creative composing is a wonderful way to achieve that exercise. It should be encouraged ..... not discouraged.

I play golf and softball, deep sea fish, fly a Cessna with my wife (she's a pilot) on occasion, read books, ride a Harley and still find time to enjoy the cerebral exercise that TOTV offers. Further, there have been down times because of weather, illness or waiting for a contractor,when posting here offers an opportunity to pleasantly and creatively pass time. I imagine some posters may have transient infirmities and participation on TOTV during idol time is appreciated.

Funny thing though, the grumps who rain on the parade of others , still have time to post here anyway. Good for them. Even criticism is a form of participation and evidence that threads are being read. Here's to the grumps

To the researchers and posters thank you and keep on posting.

Just my opinion....now I'm going out to have fun. See......you can do both.

P.S. I've been trying for so long to find an opportunity to use that neat golf cart icon.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.