Residents vs. Non-Residents

Closed Thread
Old 02-27-2020, 08:14 AM

The drinkers that buy drinks on the squares
Old 02-27-2020, 08:18 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ednetdl View Post
A somewhat related question, who pays for the entertainment at the squares?
My understanding is that the businesses on the squares plus our tax dollars pay for the entertainment.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:28 AM
Send a message via AIM to Grill Meister Send a message via Yahoo to Grill Meister

You are correct.....non-residents are NOT allowed to play the executive golf courses, and if they want to play the championship courses, they must pay a higher non-resident greens fee.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:37 AM

I’m confused 🤷*♀️ can I join, pay a yearly fee to a Country Club and golf on all Country Club courses in TV without owning a house?
Old 02-27-2020, 08:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

It's a free world her choices have no impact on anyone other than to produce yet another babbling useless pointless post.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davelinda91 View Post
I’m confused 🤷*♀️ can I join, pay a yearly fee to a Country Club and golf on all Country Club courses in TV without owning a house?
No.
You must be a resident of The Villages in order to apply for Priority Membership.

Non Residents must pay a non-resident fee each and every time they play a championship course.

https://www.golfthevillages.com/imag...pplication.pdf
Old 02-27-2020, 09:25 AM

I agree with you completely. Not fair to us Villagers!!!!
Old 02-27-2020, 09:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarodrig View Post
My understanding is that the businesses on the squares plus our tax dollars pay for the entertainment.
Merchants and hospitality tax, not exactly "our" tax dollars.

Last edited by bagboy; 02-27-2020 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Sp
Old 02-27-2020, 09:38 AM
Gold member

Championship golf courses need as many golfers they can get to help with the cost to maintain them. It's really that simple. When summer comes the lack of golfers is very evident, yet they still have to maintain the course. Same goes for the restaurants in The Villages.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:03 AM

Ah yes they leave but keep coming back. They cannot participate in any activities at any of the rec centers that is limited to residents only,other than playing golf on the 18 hole courses because they have to pay. So their complaint is thst yes their amenities are less than ours, and I very much doubt that, but they miss what we have. Yes they can eat at all thecrestaurants, shop atvall the stores and even enjoy the nightly entertainment at the squares. The nightly entertainment is not part if our amenities. Think about the over 2000 groups and clubs we have that they do not. Do you see they want their cake and eat it. Well it does not work that way. Let them stay where they are we will continue enjoying the lifestyle we have thattheybare envious of. You know what they say. You made your bed now lie in it.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Country club restaurants and golf courses are private businesses. I'm no fan of people who are negative about the Villages JUST AS I AM NO FAN OF PEOPLE WHO DON'T HAVE A CLUE HOW THIS PLACE WORKS!
And it is simply baffling why so many are so clueless about how the various amenities are truly funded.
Old 02-27-2020, 11:21 AM

Couple of points for you to consider: Non-residents pay a higher fee to play golf on our Championship courses; residents do not pay less or more to eat at our country club restaurants and neither do non-residents; resident amenity fees do not pay for restaurant maintenance nor cart path and golf course maintenance; our amenity fees are NOT HIGH considering everything that is offered to us as residents; people who are not happy here, should move out as there are no shackles on their ankles; stop listening to negative people and they will stop running their mouths. That’s all. Go in peace.
Old 02-27-2020, 11:27 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjsmithx View Post
I recently had a very unpleasant conversation with a person that used to live in the villages and decided to move outside. However, this person continues to eat at the local country club restaurant and continues to play golf on the championship courses. Her reason for leaving was the amount of the amenity fees and the bond. Should we restrict access to the country clubs and the golf courses to the residents who pay for the upkeep of all of these facilities? I continue to be amazed by the people who want to be negative about the Villages but still chose to take part in what is offered. And before the negative comments roll in, I have been coming to the Villages since 1998 and have owned here for 8 years. Oh, and her reason for still coming here; she doesn't have those amenities where she chose to buy, even though she champions the lack of amenity fees she pays.
We moved out of TV too but it wasn’t because anything TV we’re doing, we wanted to be closer to our children, grandchildren & great grandchildren. Is your friend NUTS! She plays on Championship courses all the time? If she plays 3 times a week that pays her amenities. No way I would pay what TV want to play golf on Championship courses. I played almost all Executive courses, but I’m sure some people would like to debate my argument. She could play outside TV cheaper, to me I think there’s more to it than what she’s telling you. Besides I thought you had to have a guest pass or be a resident to play on those courses? Something sounds a little fishy about what she’s doing. I played a lot of pool & I know for a fact that when someone moved outside TV the were RED FLAGGED & they couldn’t even sneak in because some tried.
Old 02-27-2020, 11:28 AM
Default So, with your thought pattern, should we also restrict access to town squares too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjsmithx View Post
I recently had a very unpleasant conversation with a person that used to live in the villages and decided to move outside. However, this person continues to eat at the local country club restaurant and continues to play golf on the championship courses. Her reason for leaving was the amount of the amenity fees and the bond. Should we restrict access to the country clubs and the golf courses to the residents who pay for the upkeep of all of these facilities? I continue to be amazed by the people who want to be negative about the Villages but still chose to take part in what is offered. And before the negative comments roll in, I have been coming to the Villages since 1998 and have owned here for 8 years. Oh, and her reason for still coming here; she doesn't have those amenities where she chose to buy, even though she champions the lack of amenity fees she pays.

If a non-villager wants to enjoy some of our amenities, the extra $$ that they have to pay should be a win for both sides of the argument. Keep in mind that any non-resident restrictions could create a hassle for our guests too. The continuous access of non-residents to our community can also help insure a perpetual increase in home values, as demand continues to grow for this exposure.
Old 02-27-2020, 11:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverly51 View Post
I agree with you completely. Not fair to us Villagers!!!!
Assuming that is sarcasm

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, negative, courses, golf, country

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.