Residents vs. Non-Residents

Closed Thread
Old 02-26-2020, 08:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

WOW...just WOW!

What's next, restrict those who are allowed to pay for the use of public businesses...based on their religion/gender/ethnicity/race/Etc?

WOW...just WOW!

Old 02-26-2020, 08:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Does she use the mens resroom?
Old 02-26-2020, 08:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Does she use the mens resroom?
Just the ones marked..."Resident's Only."

Oh yeah, then there's those non-residents using the call button in the residents lane coming through the gates...AND IT SHOULD STOP IMMEDIATELY!!

Old 02-26-2020, 08:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjsmithx View Post
I recently had a very unpleasant conversation with a person that used to live in the villages and decided to move outside. However, this person continues to eat at the local country club restaurant and continues to play golf on the championship courses. Her reason for leaving was the amount of the amenity fees and the bond. Should we restrict access to the country clubs and the golf courses to the residents who pay for the upkeep of all of these facilities? I continue to be amazed by the people who want to be negative about the Villages but still chose to take part in what is offered. And before the negative comments roll in, I have been coming to the Villages since 1998 and have owned here for 8 years. Oh, and her reason for still coming here; she doesn't have those amenities where she chose to buy, even though she champions the lack of amenity fees she pays.
Anybody can eat at developer's restaurant’s and play the developers restaurant and champion courses.
Old 02-27-2020, 05:41 AM

Quote:
I recently had a very unpleasant conversation with a person that used to live in the villages and decided to move outside. However, this person continues to eat at the local country club restaurant and continues to play golf on the championship courses. Her reason for leaving was the amount of the amenity fees and the bond. Should we restrict access to the country clubs and the golf courses to the residents who pay for the upkeep of all of these facilities? I continue to be amazed by the people who want to be negative about the Villages but still chose to take part in what is offered. And before the negative comments roll in, I have been coming to the Villages since 1998 and have owned here for 8 years. Oh, and her reason for still coming here; she doesn't have those amenities where she chose to buy, even though she champions the lack of amenity fees she pays.
Non residents and guest pay a higher rate to play the Championship courses. On top of the fees they pay guest fees and high cart rental fees. When you meet them, smile because they are helping to keep your rates lower thank outside The Villages
Old 02-27-2020, 05:45 AM
Default Yes, We Should

Quote:
Her very presence as a “Non-Resident” paying guest fees is a testament to our community’s amenities. We need the revenue of outsiders to keep our private businesses thriving.
Old 02-27-2020, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Restricting the Country Clubs and golf courses to residents only is not a good business decision and may result on higher fees for us residents. Also, for the most part, non-resident folks and visitors are friendly, positive and 99% of those non-residents I met wish or plan to move in The Villages. Please do not let a handful of unhappy people and few negative remarks change the way things are...
Thank you. -myk
Old 02-27-2020, 07:04 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Life is short. Let's try to enjoy every minute.
Old 02-27-2020, 07:36 AM

The price to pay Championship golf is very high if you are not a priority member. I think the courses use profits to maintain. If you restrict her you also restrict your visitors from playing and eating in the country clubs. I do not want that.
Old 02-27-2020, 07:37 AM

The thing is they do have the right to champion courses. As far as the restaurants and stores. We welcome the revenue
Old 02-27-2020, 07:41 AM

A somewhat related question, who pays for the entertainment at the squares?
Old 02-27-2020, 07:43 AM
Default Gate crashers

A Stonecrest Realtor told me that use of the Villages Golf Cart Trails was easy. She said just get a friend who lives in THE VILLAGES to get an extra gate pass for you to use.
Quote:
Old 02-27-2020, 08:11 AM

If she is willing to eat at country clubs and pay for championship courses thats fine...6 to 9 months a year they need the business.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:11 AM

Gee whiz!! Really? If that same person lives in Lake County and drives to Sumter to play golf, should she be restricted from driving on Sumter County roads because she does not pay taxes in Sumter County?
Old 02-27-2020, 08:12 AM

Don’t kid yourselves about those of us outside the bubble not paying for things in your adult playground. Most of the municipalities where TV does business have been stacked with their hand-picked candidates for the various governing boards. This has resulted in the old cliche, “What the Villages wants, the Villages gets” and the taxpayer foots the bill.

If non-Villagers weren’t allowed to enjoy the entertainment on the squares, eat at the mostly mediocre restaurants, country clubs, or shop at the stores, I bet half the businesses would go under.

If I were a member of the Morse family dynasty that runs this place, I’d be more concerned about the future of golf itself. There are many reports out there about how it’s popularity has nosedived.

As TV aggressively expands into Leesburg, it’ll be very interesting to see what this community will look like in 10-15 years.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, negative, courses, golf, country

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.