Residents vs. Non-Residents

Closed Thread
Old 02-27-2020, 11:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverly51 View Post
I agree with you completely. Not fair to us Villagers!!!!
What's not fair?? Villagers often-times go to CC outside of T.V. to play golf and pay the rates there. So would that be not fair to the residents that live in those CC communities. Just asking!!
Old 02-27-2020, 01:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Does she use the mens resroom?
ahahahahahaaa! spit my coffee out on that 1!
Old 02-27-2020, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
We moved out of TV too but it wasn’t because anything TV we’re doing, we wanted to be closer to our children, grandchildren & great grandchildren. Is your friend NUTS! She plays on Championship courses all the time? If she plays 3 times a week that pays her amenities. No way I would pay what TV want to play golf on Championship courses. I played almost all Executive courses, but I’m sure some people would like to debate my argument. She could play outside TV cheaper, to me I think there’s more to it than what she’s telling you. Besides I thought you had to have a guest pass or be a resident to play on those courses? Something sounds a little fishy about what she’s doing. I played a lot of pool & I know for a fact that when someone moved outside TV the were RED FLAGGED & they couldn’t even sneak in because some tried.
Non-Residents can definitely play the Championship courses. They have to pay a non-resident fee that currently runs $20 more than a Resident Member Fee for a 18 hole round.

https://www.golfthevillages.com/images/Jan_Apr_2020.pdf
Old 02-27-2020, 02:19 PM

Although Town square music is not technically part of your amenity fee. It would not exist if it wasn't for us villagers paying our amenity fees as there would be no villages and no funding to do so. Its all good, just wish they knew which bathroom to use, including the pets! LOL We all got to go somewhere.

If I knew where the hell I was going, I would have been there by now!
Old 02-27-2020, 02:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

///

Last edited by coffeebean; 02-27-2020 at 03:27 PM.
Old 02-27-2020, 03:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Does she use the mens resroom?
I was the last one to post in that thread. What did I say to make them close the thread?
Old 02-27-2020, 03:43 PM

when a resident entertains family or guests that is a totally different situation; just strolling in from the outside to eat, play golf, etc., with no connection to anyone living in The Villages is a horse of a different color. They want to use "our benefits" free while we are paying for this beautiful lifestyle. on the other hand, would the restaurants and country clubs survive without the business of outsiders??? it's a hit or miss situation.
Old 02-27-2020, 03:44 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,620 Times in 1,764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I was the last one to post in that thread. What did I say to make them close the thread?
That thread had run on and on in a written version of amoebic dysentery. It was time to close it and perhaps even wipe it clean.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 02-27-2020, 03:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default NonResidents

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpuleo View Post
when a resident entertains family or guests that is a totally different situation; just strolling in from the outside to eat, play golf, etc., with no connection to anyone living in The Villages is a horse of a different color. They want to use "our benefits" free while we are paying for this beautiful lifestyle. on the other hand, would the restaurants and country clubs survive without the business of outsiders??? it's a hit or miss situation.
The restaurants on the golf courses are public restaurants. They are not Country Clubs. Non residents pay a higher green fee on the 18 hole courses than TV residents. They can not play on the exec courses.
Old 02-27-2020, 04:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
...TV residents. They can not play on the exec courses.
Old 02-27-2020, 05:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Hope Rialto Opens soon
Old 02-27-2020, 06:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Please go back and read all the posts. People are trying very hard to explain your mistaken thoughts. The residents are paying for nothing that outsiders can use.
Old 02-27-2020, 07:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:

No, it's not..."hit or miss."

It's not even a..."situation."

The public, ALL of the public, have the right to use public roads, to go to privately owned establishments that are open to the public...and spend their money.

NONE, ZIP, ZERO, NADA of your amenity money, goes toward helping any of these businesses or paying for the public roads/street lights/parking lots/Etc...to visit these establishments.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:29 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to BlueHeronFan

The Villages Golf Carts actually rents those white numbered carts to non residents.
My wife works outside The Villages and co-workers have told her that they do it on a regular basis just to drive around.
Old 02-28-2020, 06:53 AM
Veteran member

It was unpleasant because of your lack of understanding of what you bought into .
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, negative, courses, golf, country

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.