Respect for Police/Sheriff

Closed Thread
Old 06-27-2022, 07:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Respect for Police/Sheriff

I believe a good indication of the lack of respect for our Sheriff's Deputies and Office can be found just by riding the Golf Path that runs next to 466 between CVS and 441/27. Almost everyone knows there is a Sheriff's office at the intersection of 466 and Morse Bld. however the speed of vehicles on 466 makes it a good racetrack ignoring any Sheriff's station on the side. To a degree it is the same on the Golf Path. We were cut off in our Golf Cart on the path by a light blue "Smart Car" which was doing at least 30-35mph! If in fact there is a total disregard for traffic controls around a Sheriff's Office what makes anyone think anywhere else there is concern regarding speeding.
Old 06-27-2022, 08:29 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
I believe a good indication of the lack of respect for our Sheriff's Deputies and Office can be found just by riding the Golf Path that runs next to 466 between CVS and 441/27. Almost everyone knows there is a Sheriff's office at the intersection of 466 and Morse Bld. however the speed of vehicles on 466 makes it a good racetrack ignoring any Sheriff's station on the side. To a degree it is the same on the Golf Path. We were cut off in our Golf Cart on the path by a light blue "Smart Car" which was doing at least 30-35mph! If in fact there is a total disregard for traffic controls around a Sheriff's Office what makes anyone think anywhere else there is concern regarding speeding.
Welcome to the entitled villagers!
Old 06-27-2022, 09:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Same on CR42 and B/V sheriffs sub office and the fly down CR42 and B/V. Hear rice rocket coming 4 miles away and 4 miles pass going at least 60 plus as he flying by mulberry every morning at 7:30 AM. Then there the VA employees that cutting through Publix parking lot going 30 plus. You would think in 8 years I been I would seen speed trap just once in Marion county? But Marion county one of biggest counties in Florida and I sure there bigger fish to fry other than around villages?
Old 06-27-2022, 10:00 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Guessing Game

A Village guessing game. Why do you believe The Villages Sheriff's Office does not give out
many speeding tickets nor monitor speeding very much in the Villages?
Old 06-27-2022, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
A Village guessing game. Why do you believe The Villages Sheriff's Office does not give out
many speeding tickets nor monitor speeding very much in the Villages?
Flip side of the coin: I drive at the speed limit in the Villages. Why should I or anyone else care if someone is speeding? They pass, they go, they're gone. Not my problem. In fact, give me a 25 year old "speeding" any day over a 90 year old driving 20 in a 35 zone----they're far more dangerous
Old 06-27-2022, 10:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

just my opinion, but those smart cars have no place on the golf paths. the 1st time i saw it i almost called community watch until somebody said it was ok. if i had a cart, i'd hate to see those coming @ me on such a small pathway. looks like an accident waiting to happen
Old 06-27-2022, 10:46 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,131 Times in 811 Posts

On the same note, the same can be said about Hwy's 441/27 Hwy 42 or Hwy 301 racetracks.

Not only the speed and dangerous driving, how about the exhaust-less noise on motorcycles that seems to be excepted by the general public.

Seriously, at my age, retired and far gone from my youth, I find a lot of things are out of my control, so enjoy your time that you have left.
Old 06-27-2022, 01:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,662 Times in 1,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
On the same note, the same can be said about Hwy's 441/27 Hwy 42 or Hwy 301 racetracks.

Not only the speed and dangerous driving, how about the exhaust-less noise on motorcycles that seems to be excepted by the general public.

Seriously, at my age, retired and far gone from my youth, I find a lot of things are out of my control, so enjoy your time that you have left.
Excellent sentiment. More people should take it to heart.
Old 06-27-2022, 02:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Flip side of the coin: I drive at the speed limit in the Villages. Why should I or anyone else care if someone is speeding? They pass, they go, they're gone. Not my problem. In fact, give me a 25 year old "speeding" any day over a 90 year old driving 20 in a 35 zone----they're far more dangerous
Not too many 90 year olds driving, imo maybe 2 out of 1000. Yep, just what want to meet 25 year old or less coming at me texting.
Old 06-27-2022, 02:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
just my opinion, but those smart cars have no place on the golf paths. the 1st time i saw it i almost called community watch until somebody said it was ok. if i had a cart, i'd hate to see those coming @ me on such a small pathway. looks like an accident waiting to happen

No license vehicle should be on MMP. But, these LSVs get pass cause of the entitled golfers.
Old 06-27-2022, 02:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Not too many 90 year olds driving, imo maybe 2 out of 1000. Yep, just what want to meet 25 year old or less coming at me texting.
Have you looked at what's behind the wheel in Florida lately??????? Although, I'll admit since many of them can't see over the steering wheel, you won't be able to see them either.
Old 06-27-2022, 02:36 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

I've seen quite a number of drivers that hug the steering wheel with hands at 10 and 2 o'clock gripping it like it is going to get away from them. If they ever get into an accident and the airbag deploys, they will likely suffer serious injury or death with their upper torso so close to the steering wheel. That airbag deploys with significant force.
I can tell when following these drivers they have their foot on the brake pedal as brake light is on. This practice prematurely wears out the brake pads and rotors and the constant drag creates heat that degrades the efficiency of the brake system increasing the stopping distance. All this demonstrates their loss of vision acuity and reaction time.
Old 06-27-2022, 02:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Don't worry, be happy!
There will always be fast and loud motor vehicles. There were those that ran their horses, including stage coaches that wanted to be on time. People that ride electric bikes that enjoy running them at top speed, and folks that like to job rather than walk. It's human nature; live with it. The only reason I have a tendency to get irritated when someone speeds by me is that I am doing the lawful limit and wish I could get away with driving faster also. I like driving fast, but I also hate to waste my money on tickets and higher insurance rates as a result. Too old to worry about someone that I don't even know.
Old 06-27-2022, 02:44 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,722 Times in 665 Posts

It's not just here, it's everywhere all over the country. I don't see it as "disrespect" I see it as unsafe. But, then as much as I try to stay at or below the speed limit, sometimes it gets old having fists shaken at me as the speeders fly by. I guess, it seems that trying to go with the flow (same speed as most are going) is safest in the end.
Old 06-27-2022, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinSE View Post
It's not just here, it's everywhere all over the country. I don't see it as "disrespect" I see it as unsafe. But, then as much as I try to stay at or below the speed limit, sometimes it gets old having fists shaken at me as the speeders fly by. I guess, it seems that trying to go with the flow (same speed as most are going) is safest in the end.
Agree. What does a person being unsafe have anything to do with respect?
Closed Thread

Tags
sheriffs, path, golf, office, respect

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.