Respect for Police/Sheriff

Closed Thread
Old 06-30-2022, 01:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
I was responding to the first quote above which seems to follow the logic that slow drivers cause accidents, and that's why there is a "road rage law"...I'd like to see the law and how it holds slow drivers accountable.
I doubt that law exists. Maybe it should
Old 06-30-2022, 02:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,685 Times in 972 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I doubt that law exists. Maybe it should
I doubt it exists also, which is why I was giving the poster who said it was somehow applicable to the discussion a chance to explain.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
I doubt it exists also, which is why I was giving the poster who said it was somehow applicable to the discussion a chance to explain.
Thank you so much for the "chance" Please do your own research...but because I love to help.....

“SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT.” Signs like this and its closely related cousin (“KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS”) are posted on highways around the country. The messages might seem like mere suggestions to drivers, but here in Florida it is the law. Florida State Statute 316.081 makes it a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable as a moving violation for any driver to dawdle in the left lane proceeding at less than the normal speed of traffic and who doesn’t get out of the way of approaching vehicles.

This law is designed to cut down on dangerous, aggressive driving and road rage incidents. The goal of this law is to reserve the left lane for faster cars, so that traffic flows smoothly and vehicles have no need to rapidly switch lanes left and right to pass.

You are welcome
Old 06-30-2022, 07:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,685 Times in 972 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get real View Post
Thank you so much for the "chance" Please do your own research...but because I love to help.....

“SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT.” Signs like this and its closely related cousin (“KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS”) are posted on highways around the country. The messages might seem like mere suggestions to drivers, but here in Florida it is the law. Florida State Statute 316.081 makes it a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable as a moving violation for any driver to dawdle in the left lane proceeding at less than the normal speed of traffic and who doesn’t get out of the way of approaching vehicles.

This law is designed to cut down on dangerous, aggressive driving and road rage incidents. The goal of this law is to reserve the left lane for faster cars, so that traffic flows smoothly and vehicles have no need to rapidly switch lanes left and right to pass.

You are welcome
and Thank You!. for posting a response not relevant to my question. We are all in agreement that slow traffic in the left lane needs to move over to let faster traffic pass. My question to you wasn't about that, it was about your comment that slow traffic causes more accidents than speeders, and that's why they have "The Road Rage Law"...that's what I asked about.
What do you have to support that claim?
I have read the entirety of Statute 316.081 and it makes no reference to "Road Rage".

Last edited by Laker14; 07-01-2022 at 06:02 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
sheriffs, path, golf, office, respect

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.