Response from the Moffitt Center - Relay for Life

Closed Thread
Old 02-10-2011, 10:10 AM

Moffittgate continues!

Mr. Resmondo is a project manager for the developer and Mr. Richards is the VP of the POA.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default What a surprise...they are on TV payroll.

Today's release by Resmundo only adds to the very poor manner in which this subject has been and continues to be handled.
In the manner of professionalism it is really an insult to residents of TV that they have thought this through (supposedly) and made a conscious, calculated risk that SOME might actually buy what is being presented.

Isn't the obvious question after the article....why did you stay quiet with all this profound knowledge presented this morning, for weeks while the issue was bantered about for weeks and months.

Resmundo obviously drew the short straw on a very low caliber/dumb tactic!!!

btk
Old 02-10-2011, 11:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
when a directly involved persona comes after weeks of swirling controversy on the subject of relay for life and it's ousting from TV.

Are we to believe they would stand pat all these weeks while the uncertainty swirled around? And now is it not uncanny that this mornings profession lays the problem at the feet of the American Cancer Society not wanting to commit to a local contribution. Now one would think an involved person, like the founder of relay for life would have known that and come forward at the outset of the the issue becoming public...through the American Cancer Society.

As usual, nothing from TV.

What some of us know, when there is a controversial issue that could affect some percent of a a given population, the "directly involved" usually go the extra mile to be sure the real circumstances are announced to stem misunderstanding. Hence the credibility, for me anyway, is suspect.

In this case they have chosen to let the misunderstanding fester ....until now! Smells too conveniently arranged...in the favor of TV, of course. Hmmmnnnnnn!!!

We will never know for sure.

btk
Maybe not chosen to let the misunderstanding fester, Maybe not aware of the big fuss. I wouldn't have been if I hadn't read this forum.

He has to be proud of his efforts. In seven years, the relay for life that he founded has collected over two million dollars for the National American Cancer Association.

It was lousy that the Relay for Life was cancelled, and someone should have known that it would cause a big stink, but there are always two sides to every story.

We can roar and we can shout and we can get mad but....Keep in mind it isn't cancer. It is a fund raiser. At the end of the day, when the money is raised for Moffitt, it will come back to The Villages site. AND don't tell me it won't. Even the American Cancer Society isn't too proud to turn their back on all that money.

It's business.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge538 View Post
Moffittgate continues!

Mr. Resmondo is a project manager for the developer and Mr. Richards is the VP of the POA.
Evan Richards is with the VHA, not the POA.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:39 PM
Default Follow the Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Maybe not chosen to let the misunderstanding fester, Maybe not aware of the big fuss. I wouldn't have been if I hadn't read this forum.

He has to be proud of his efforts. In seven years, the relay for life that he founded has collected over two million dollars for the National American Cancer Association.

It was lousy that the Relay for Life was cancelled, and someone should have known that it would cause a big stink, but there are always two sides to every story.

We can roar and we can shout and we can get mad but....Keep in mind it isn't cancer. It is a fund raiser. At the end of the day, when the money is raised for Moffitt, it will come back to The Villages site. AND don't tell me it won't. Even the American Cancer Society isn't too proud to turn their back on all that money.

It's business.
Why mislead us in order to get donations?
Why the media blitz to convince us that our donations were necessary in order for the Moffitt affiliate to open in TV?
Why are donations for the Moffitt Cancer Center at The Villages made out to The Village Health System?
Be assured the money will come back to TV because it never left, you just won't know how it will be spent.
I for one do not expect other charities to have to pay for the privilege to hold much-needed fundraisers in TV.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajakk View Post
Why mislead us in order to get donations?
Why the media blitz to convince us that our donations were necessary in order for the Moffitt affiliate to open in TV?
Why are donations for the Moffitt Cancer Center at The Villages made out to The Village Health System?
Be assured the money will come back to TV because it never left, you just won't know how it will be spent.
I for one do not expect other charities to have to pay for the privilege to hold much-needed fundraisers in TV.
Recent communications from Moffitt indicate that the equipment purchased for the center (with donations) will be the property of TVHS, not Moffitt. Perhaps that's why the donations are made out that way.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.