The rest of the country is having snow, wind and floods.

Closed Thread
Old 03-03-2018, 06:06 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

It is astounding that we get calls from our Southern friends during the winters but don't hear from them during the summers and hurricane seasons.
Old 03-03-2018, 06:07 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPutnam1863 View Post
After you have had your coffee in midsummer or during the hurricane season, let us know how it is down there
Beautiful, how else would it be?
Old 03-03-2018, 06:22 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
l:

They had closed the pass while I was coming over and ...
When we moved to Florida, we were hit by Tropical Storm Fay the day the moving van arrived. Several roads were closed.

Every state has its natural disasters, and it ticks me off when others gloat, lie, brag, deny about their own state.
Old 03-03-2018, 06:31 PM
fw102807

Quote:
When we moved to Florida, we were hit by Tropical Storm Fay the day the moving van arrived. Several roads were closed.

Every state has its natural disasters, and it ticks me off when others gloat, lie, brag, deny about their own state.
A tropical storm is just some wind and rain. I come from New England the effects of a blizzard are around for weeks. The year before we moved we spent as much time shoveling the roof as the driveway. I also lost a tree in one of the hurricanes that they do also get up there. I'm happy here year round.
Old 03-03-2018, 06:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

After watching the news and the east coast, last years hurricane was a piece of cake in TV, compared to what those poor souls are going thru.
Old 03-03-2018, 07:03 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
It is astounding that we get calls from our Southern friends during the winters but don't hear from them during the summers and hurricane seasons.
My Northern friends never seem to call when property tax bills come due.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:04 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
A tropical storm is just some wind and rain. I come from New England the effects of a blizzard are around for weeks. The year before we moved we spent as much time shoveling the roof as the driveway. I also lost a tree in one of the hurricanes that they do also get up there. I'm happy here year round.
I have been through several blizzards, two ice storms, a couple of earthquakes including the big 1989 one, a couple of hurricanes, two tropical storms, one cyclone, a hailstorm (where hail was nearly size of golf balls, wrecking our Jeep Wrangler), invasion by crickets, a flood, and a couple of tornadoes. We have lost countless trees. Yet I am glad I lived in all of these places including three times in Florida because of the variety of lifestyles, beauty, different peoples, seasonal changes, different plants, different topography, wonderful "Sunday drives" where we spend a day or two exploring places we have not been to, learning history, and so on.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:07 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
Tropical Storm Fay brought enough wind and rain into our garage that we had to move all the moving boxes, etc into the house. Our driveway was 500 ft long, and the poor movers had to park the van out in the street, not in the driveway. So it most certainly was not beautiful as one of you said.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
My Northern friends never seem to call when property tax bills come due.
I am happy to let you know that our property taxes for the entire year is $1900 for a 2600 sq ft house and 3.3 acres. But I recognize that the property taxes in too many places are atrocious. Fl certainly has a low cost of living.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:13 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
After watching the news and the east coast, last years hurricane was a piece of cake in TV, compared to what those poor souls are going thru.
Thank you for your kind words and for not gloating at the poor souls.
Old 03-04-2018, 07:56 AM
fw102807

Quote:
I have been through several blizzards, two ice storms, a couple of earthquakes including the big 1989 one, a couple of hurricanes, two tropical storms, one cyclone, a hailstorm (where hail was nearly size of golf balls, wrecking our Jeep Wrangler), invasion by crickets, a flood, and a couple of tornadoes. We have lost countless trees. Yet I am glad I lived in all of these places including three times in Florida because of the variety of lifestyles, beauty, different peoples, seasonal changes, different plants, different topography, wonderful "Sunday drives" where we spend a day or two exploring places we have not been to, learning history, and so on.
Moving is not my favorite thing to do. I do however enjoy visiting all of those lovely places but Florida is where I am happy to live. We all have choices to make and this is mine.
Old 03-04-2018, 08:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Thank you for your kind words and for not gloating at the poor souls.
My initial post wasn't meant to gloat. I am so sorry that anyone had damage from this storm.

I only meant to say that the country from California to New York had unbelievably bad weather and we were spared here.

Richard. Sandtrap. I am sure You understand. We will all miss you. I know you are in the arms of God.

Tags
beautiful, day, villages, all.bigbow, morning

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.