Restaurant monopolys

Closed Thread
Old 03-10-2015, 10:12 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageshooter View Post
The number one rule when you have a question about things here is :FOLLOW THE MONEY!
The number one rule when you have a question about things ALMOST ANYWHERE is :FOLLOW THE MONEY!

It's called free enterprise, the basis upon which our country was founded.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:33 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,620 Times in 1,764 Posts

I would like to see cheap yet healthy such as a Wahoo's. Wahoo's Fish Taco | Drop In. Have Fun. Eat Well.

and a good burger joint like an In-N-Out. In-N-Out Burger

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 03-10-2015, 11:25 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

And I want a Boston Market and a Cafe Sport and a Palm Restaurant. And I'm sure people in hell really want some ice water. Personally, im content with what we have. Food is good in most places, staff is more than competent, prices are reasonable.

As to Cal's, you won't find another barbershop in TV itself -- they are at least partially owned by the Morses. Ditto the beauty school.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-10-2015, 11:38 AM

Actually, there is a Hair Cuttery in Pinellas Plaza and also in the new shopping plaza by Brownwood.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,563 Times in 509 Posts

Hmmm... I detect some jealousy on the part of the OP toward a hard working spirit that is willing to take on multiple endeavors. What next? Someone to rail on golfers for carrying 14 clubs? Or have trash pickup once a week instead of twice? Or go to a alphabetical rotation to go to the entertainment at the squares? Jeez, what next?
Old 03-10-2015, 12:22 PM

I thought what to post after reading this thread, but there is everything I could think of within golf cart distance that I like to eat and at very high quality. I am sorry, but I have nothing to complain about when it comes to food.
Old 03-10-2015, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILLAGER 2011 View Post
The Village expansion is growing rapidly. There is a growing need for a greater variety of restaurants; however, all we have is the same tired run-of-the-mill country clubs. We have a single owner that now controls four country clubs plus Scooples. I suggest this policy needs reviewed by The Village Corporation.

This single owner monoply also applies to other retail outlets such as barber shops...why only Cals?
You're kidding, right? As I once heard someone say, "Some people would bit*** if they were hanged with a new rope."

If you are dissatisfied, please feel free to open your own eating establishment. Start-up costs for a modest venture probably run, minimally, in the high six figures. Perhaps your friend who chimed in on your behalf can lend you the money...
Old 03-10-2015, 01:23 PM
Eternal Member

I love it ! I think Fred has done an awesome job. His Country Clubs have a nice variety of different things, the staff is great and the prices are good !!
Can't wait til Mike & Gina at City Fire open Honest John's next month ! They also do an awesome job, the staff is great and there is a nice variety of food at good prices.
Carry on Fred, Mike & Gina !!
Old 03-10-2015, 01:55 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILLAGER 2011 View Post
The Village expansion is growing rapidly. There is a growing need for a greater variety of restaurants; however, all we have is the same tired run-of-the-mill country clubs. We have a single owner that now controls four country clubs plus Scooples. I suggest this policy needs reviewed by The Village Corporation.

This single owner monoply also applies to other retail outlets such as barber shops...why only Cals?

I appreciate and agree with your concerns. Its going to be like dealing with the cable However, in my view the village government is limited in what they can and can't do and/or disinterested in certain areas. Your better hope is that the market settles this problem. If you are new here in TV and on TOTV be aware there are a number of posters that will feel a need to defend anyone and anything they feel is in the slightest manner a critic of The Villages. Others like me believe it is what it is
Old 03-10-2015, 01:57 PM
Veteran member

all these I WANTS! dont you think if there was a buck to be made,, these folks would open here,,, there is a reason the devloper got out the food business,,, NO MONEY IN IT!,, the last huge pink elephant is Katie Bells,, what a dump!,, no we do not need the old days,,the old days are for the old people,, the person that buys here today is a huge difference from the person who purchased a trailer on the north side! Once a week trash pick up is on they way BTW, just look at the deterioration of the entertainment!,,, you think old Harold would have stood still for a $125 ticket to see a singer? The times they are a changing! Follow the MONEY!
Old 03-10-2015, 02:00 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
all these I WANTS! dont you think if there was a buck to be made,, these folks would open here,,, there is a reason the devloper got out the food business,,, NO MONEY IN IT!,, the last huge pink elephant is Katie Bells,, what a dump!,, no we do not need the old days,,the old days are for the old people,, the person that buys here today is a huge difference from the person who purchased a trailer on the north side! Once a week trash pick up is on they way BTW, just look at the deterioration of the entertainment!,,, you think old Harold would have stood still for a $125 ticket to see a singer? The times they are a changing! Follow the MONEY!
Wow, why don't you say how you really feel ?
Old 03-10-2015, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I appreciate and agree with your concerns. Its going to be like dealing with the cable However, in my view the village government is limited in what they can and can't do and/or disinterested in certain areas. Your better hope is that the market settles this problem. If you are new here in TV and on TOTV be aware there are a number of posters that will feel a need to defend anyone and anything they feel is in the slightest manner a critic of The Villages. Others like me believe it is what it is
LOL. She will get you for that. Hee hee hee
Old 03-10-2015, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Wow, I like Katie Bells. Maybe I am just too easy to please.
Old 03-10-2015, 02:08 PM
Eternal Member

I love Katie Belles and Cattle Baron !
Old 03-10-2015, 02:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobys Dad View Post
I agree that having one person owning so many venues may pose a long term problem. I also find that we have the same people commenting on everything and after awhile many of us tend to ignore their posts.
I agree.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.