Restaurants should use single use throw away paper menus until further notice.

Closed Thread
Old 03-15-2020, 07:45 AM
Veteran member
Default Restaurants should use single use throw away paper menus until further notice.

Pass the word.
Old 03-15-2020, 07:52 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Also, I saw that some U.S. restaurants are taking salt/pepper/cheese/ketchup etc etc OFF the tables, and providing them when requested (then cleaning them thoroughly after use). I always thought that these things harbored bacteria/virus year 'round anyway.

We were at a TV restaurant last week, and the server brought our water glasses on a tray - and put the first one on the table with her fingers draped over the top of the glass. I immediately asked her NOT to put them on a table like that. She took that one away, and grasped the glasses on the side, and provided straws. I did not want to come across too strongly - but the server appreciated the comment as did our table-mates. Cannot be too cautious (ever) and esp at these times.
Old 03-15-2020, 08:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

Restaurants could laminate their menus, or put them into plastic sleeves, then sani-wipe the sleeves/menus after each use. A lot of places already do that, so I don't see why all restaurants can't pick up the habit.
Old 03-15-2020, 08:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerner52 View Post

Pass the word.
Store shelves are empty of all essentials due to panic chicken little sky is falling culture. Yet people are packing into restaurants
No everyday plain old common sense is being used
That's the best prevention
Old 03-15-2020, 09:21 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
Also, I saw that some U.S. restaurants are taking salt/pepper/cheese/ketchup etc etc OFF the tables, and providing them when requested (then cleaning them thoroughly after use). I always thought that these things harbored bacteria/virus year 'round anyway.

We were at a TV restaurant last week, and the server brought our water glasses on a tray - and put the first one on the table with her fingers draped over the top of the glass. I immediately asked her NOT to put them on a table like that. She took that one away, and grasped the glasses on the side, and provided straws. I did not want to come across too strongly - but the server appreciated the comment as did our table-mates. Cannot be too cautious (ever) and esp at these times.
The solution to all of your problems is to stay home
Old 03-15-2020, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Restaurants could laminate their menus, or put them into plastic sleeves, then sani-wipe the sleeves/menus after each use. A lot of places already do that, so I don't see why all restaurants can't pick up the habit.
Great idea. I've always thought that each restaurant should have a menu wiper-person. Have you ever looked, or felt a menu. EWWWWW, they are greasy, slimy, and full of days and days worth of germs. I always said I wanted to start a business ....... contract out people who strictly wipe down menus. Each "wiper" could go to 10 restaurants/day and wipe away. Just kidding! But really, menu's and cell phones are the dirtiest things !!
Old 03-15-2020, 09:26 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post

Holding from the top has been common practice at Starbucks. I Hope they’ve addressed that.
Old 03-15-2020, 03:40 PM

We were in Panera Bread yesterday morning after our ride. The cashier handed us two plastic cups encased in a small paper bag. That is, she didn't touch the rim of our cups. Classy!
The Village Rockers is now forming. Stay "tuned" for further details about this new club for musicians, singers and spectators. Send us your name and email address. We will put you on our email list for news, updates, meeting times and playdates.
Old 03-15-2020, 03:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockandroller View Post
We were in Panera Bread yesterday morning after our ride. The cashier handed us two plastic cups encased in a small paper bag. That is, she didn't touch the rim of our cups. Classy!
But did the 'Paper bag Putterinner' touch the rim?
Old 03-15-2020, 06:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Store shelves are empty of all essentials due to panic chicken little sky is falling culture. Yet people are packing into restaurants
No everyday plain old common sense is being used
That's the best prevention

That is incredible, isn't it? People have gone into mass hysteria mode at the grocery stores but are still having to get their social fix at the restaurants. You'd think with all the groceries being bought that the restaurants would be empty.

We played Bonifay yesterday afternoon, got done around 5:30, and the restaurant was full. And no, we are not eating out until this is over.
Old 03-15-2020, 07:01 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Along with menus don’t forget about the ketchup, salt and pepper containers.
Old 03-15-2020, 07:27 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the man View Post
The solution to all of your problems is to stay home
Plus 1
Old 03-15-2020, 07:35 PM

Restaurants should close except for take out.
Old 03-15-2020, 10:08 PM
Gold member

How about we take responsibility for ourselves? If eating out, wear protective gloves...JMO
Old 03-16-2020, 01:21 AM

We are at our home in Ohio. The Ohio Governor closed all restaurants and bars yesterday indefinitely. Only carry out, no dine in. He will close day care soon.
Closed Thread

Tags
restaurants, single, throw, paper, menus

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.