Restrictions In Different Areas

Closed Thread
Old 01-30-2020, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Against the rules. No jet ski or small boat..
Yes. If I read the correct restrictions, it/they would have to be inside a garage.
Old 01-30-2020, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I think a visit is in order for you to get a better understanding of what is going on...………
BTW beyond the historical side......nothing is parked in a side or back yard.
Yes, of course. In fact I plan an extended visit before I buy.

But, I have already learned a lot from this forum and other online sources.

All comments appreciated.
Old 01-30-2020, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
So to give you an idea lawn ornaments are not allowed. One can only put out holiday decorations for 30 days. There is even a problem with tiny white cross in yards.
Yeah. And this is the sort of thing I will need to consider making my decision. I am a live and let live sort of guy. I have read stories of people being upset in TV because they don't like where a neighbor's satellite dish is installed. There are federal guidelines about those and you can't just put one in a place to suit your neighbor. They have to be situated in line of sight of the satellite.

I will be downsizing from a home situated on 13 acres and a 4 acre lawn. I know this will be a big change for me and will require some concessions on my part, but I'm tired of the upkeep. I love the thought of jumping on my own golf cart and driving to a course nearby, or not so close for that matter, as well as the other things TV has to offer.
Old 01-30-2020, 07:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
IMHO the question was asked by OP and everything after post #4 where it was answered is Including this post

I'm surprised the SPCA doesn't get on us for the way we love to beat a dead horse.......
OK, got it now,sorry, thanks!
Old 01-30-2020, 08:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Eagle View Post
Yeah. And this is the sort of thing I will need to consider making my decision. I am a live and let live sort of guy. I have read stories of people being upset in TV because they don't like where a neighbor's satellite dish is installed. There are federal guidelines about those and you can't just put one in a place to suit your neighbor. They have to be situated in line of sight of the satellite.

I will be downsizing from a home situated on 13 acres and a 4 acre lawn. I know this will be a big change for me and will require some concessions on my part, but I'm tired of the upkeep. I love the thought of jumping on my own golf cart and driving to a course nearby, or not so close for that matter, as well as the other things TV has to offer.
There aren't any federal guidelines about parking a jet ski on your lawn. That's up to the deed restrictions, and there's one part of the deed restrictions that is present in all of them - it has to do with aesthetics.

Yes it's a loose guideline, it's not strictly defined. There's no clear line as to what violates it and what doesn't. But I'd have to say that if I look out my window, and the view between the yard and the neighbor's yard is blocked by an RV, then whoever owns that RV is violating that rule of aesthetics. You're not allowed to have fences, and hedges can't be more than 4 feet high. So there's no way in hades that they're going to let you keep an RV or any other "tall thing" in your yard. Not the back yard, side, or front yard.

You won't see cars on cement blocks even in the old section where the restrictions are looser. You won't see people changing the oil in their driveways. We're not quite as perfect and pristine as our "lower" neighbors but we do like things to look relatively tidy. A jet-ski in the driveway 24/7 is not tidy. A lawnmower can easily be hidden behind the golf cart, but a lawn tractor can't. If your home comes with a golf cart garage, you could certainly store the tractor in there, and leave the golf cart in the driveway. But then it'll be subject to the elements and rain storms on upholstery isn't much fun when you have to drive in the thing the next day.
Old 01-30-2020, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
There aren't any federal guidelines about parking a jet ski on your lawn. That's up to the deed restrictions, and there's one part of the deed restrictions that is present in all of them - it has to do with aesthetics.

Yes it's a loose guideline, it's not strictly defined. There's no clear line as to what violates it and what doesn't. But I'd have to say that if I look out my window, and the view between the yard and the neighbor's yard is blocked by an RV, then whoever owns that RV is violating that rule of aesthetics. You're not allowed to have fences, and hedges can't be more than 4 feet high. So there's no way in hades that they're going to let you keep an RV or any other "tall thing" in your yard. Not the back yard, side, or front yard.

You won't see cars on cement blocks even in the old section where the restrictions are looser. You won't see people changing the oil in their driveways. We're not quite as perfect and pristine as our "lower" neighbors but we do like things to look relatively tidy. A jet-ski in the driveway 24/7 is not tidy. A lawnmower can easily be hidden behind the golf cart, but a lawn tractor can't. If your home comes with a golf cart garage, you could certainly store the tractor in there, and leave the golf cart in the driveway. But then it'll be subject to the elements and rain storms on upholstery isn't much fun when you have to drive in the thing the next day.
I never said there were federal guidelines about parking anything. It was an illustrative point about what can upset a neighbor.

You keep talking about RV's which I don't have, nor have asked about.

As far as changing oil and vehicles on cinderblocks, I don't see where either has anything to do with my questions.

I made it clear what I intend to park in the driveway. I also stated I have read and understand the restrictions vis-a-vis the parking of boats.
Old 01-30-2020, 08:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

I was giving examples of the types of things that would be over the top. Since, when you first posted, you didn't say what kind of boat you had, and you didn't say in your first post that your lawnmower was a lawn tractor...

So rather than account for every possible thing you didn't say but actually meant to include, I figured I'd give an example of the TYPES of things that would be tolerated and the TYPES of things that would not. Your mileage may vary.
Old 01-30-2020, 09:06 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
You won't see people changing the oil in their driveways. We're not quite as perfect and pristine as our "lower" neighbors but we do like things to look relatively tidy.
I change my vehicles oil in my driveway. As far as I know there are no restrictions on that anywhere in TV.
Steve
Old 01-30-2020, 09:17 PM

Quote:
I was giving examples of the types of things that would be over the top. Since, when you first posted, you didn't say what kind of boat you had, and you didn't say in your first post that your lawnmower was a lawn tractor...

So rather than account for every possible thing you didn't say but actually meant to include, I figured I'd give an example of the TYPES of things that would be tolerated and the TYPES of things that would not. Your mileage may vary.
I don't know how you would know what I meant to include. I included everything I meant to include.

If it is important, and makes a difference to you, my boat is a vintage 1972 Checkmate. It is a 16 foot long speed/ski boat. It is about 2 feet tall and metalflake blue.

As far as the riding mower, I have 4 or 5 of those but will probably buy a new one to suit the needs once I buy my new place. Also, I never used the term "lawn tractor." I don't know why, but you did. No I did not say it and don't understand why you think I should have.

Last edited by Double Eagle; 01-30-2020 at 11:54 PM.
Old 01-31-2020, 06:26 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Can't imagine any neighbor will be excited about a boat, a mower, a RV, a sofa, a service truck, or a hot tub being stored on a driveway.

That's jus me.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:33 AM
Veteran member

Lower neighbor's?????
Old 01-31-2020, 10:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalumbos62 View Post
Lower neighbor's?????
OrangeBlossom is in Historic district, she is referring to neighbors south of her or lower part of TV. I got the reference
Old 01-31-2020, 10:37 AM

Consider other options. Areas. The Villages has many problems, with the generation that is currently in control. Be forewarned. Do your research . Before you commit
Old 01-31-2020, 01:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,012 Times in 1,739 Posts

I agree, there is a homogeneity and expectation currently and you may want to find out if you are happy with that. Very close to the Villages there are larger properties with no deed restrictions that I am aware of. My husband and I looked at those before buying but I like the “manicured” lawns. As well as many other things about TV. I walked along my street the other day and noticed a floss pick on the road. The next day when I took my daily walk, it was gone! Nothing, not a gum wrapper, not even a leaf on the whole road. Lovely!
Old 01-31-2020, 01:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taosmtngal View Post
Consider other options. Areas. The Villages has many problems, with the generation that is currently in control. Be forewarned. Do your research . Before you commit
This is a belief on the part of some people. It is only a belief. Others feel quite differently.
Closed Thread

Tags
restrictions, areas, map, property, area

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.